Kinder Morgan

Kinder Morgan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Keep going don't look back
Terminal Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: poor management, poor workers, horrible company
This place is a horrible place to work for. No leadership whats so ever. Management is a joke was wrote up two times while in training for no reason at all. Was lied on by the foreman several times. Place is a death trap. Racism is not hidden. There is a strong dislike for blacks. Your will be picked on if your new. This place is ran by a bunch of dummies. – more... Trust me the $26.79 they pay is not worth it. – less
Productive with a lot of hard workers
Internship (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARMay 28, 2014
Pros: vending machines were great, co-workers were nice and taught me a lot of good information.
Cons: short breaks, hours seemed longer when all the work was done and there was nothing left to do.
After working as an intern for Kinder Morgan, I learned about safety, the 6 core principles, observing employees driving DRI trucks and filling out JHA's. The hardest part of the job was getting all of the work done and not having anything to do to keep yourself busy while the time went by. The co-workers were fun to be around, cared a lot about our – more... safety and were there to answer any question that I had to ask. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work that I did do because it made the time go by faster. I learned how to use a fire extinguisher the right way and the PASS method (Pull, Aim, Squeeze, Sweep). Lastly, I learned how to use a crane to pick up coils and load them onto trucks, that was the best part of the job to me. – less
good company
Plant Operator (Former Employee), galena park housten txMay 20, 2014
The managers are very disrespectful and use inappropriate language.
Great people to work with.
Technical support Asst. (Contractor) (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 18, 2014
The Regional Field Technician was knowledgeable and very supportive, I learned something new everyday. All the employees I worked with were wonderful, very professional, polite and welcoming.
Great Place to work!
Operator 3- PETCOKE (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXMay 16, 2014
I learned so much and enjoyed the challenging environment and friendly staff and team leaders!
It was good place if wasn't for the long 60 to70 hour weeks
Stevedore/Supervisor (Former Employee), Morrisville, PAMay 7, 2014
Pros: healthcare and 401k if you participate
Cons: long 11 hours days and not having schedule off
Unloading material was fun for the most part. I have learned to deal with all types of personalities and people. the hardest part of job is working out in the elements of the very cold by the river. The great thing about the job was the group of people you had to work with was great to past the long hours to go by.
this typical on most of my jobs
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee), manetee county flMay 5, 2014
Over 10 years’ experience in operating forklifts and pallet jacks
• Current forklift operation license
• Extremely proficient in picking, packing and moving duties
• Functional knowledge of commonly-used concepts and practices used in a warehouse capacity
• In depth knowledge of common warehouse layouts and their functionality

SPECIAL SKILLS
• Safety – more... techniques
• Organization and Communication
• Excellent physical dexterity
• Ability to work in extreme conditions
• Able to follow instructions – less
Poor safety record
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: fair manager
Cons: poor safety culture
Poor safety record
lacking in environmental stewardship
Poor union mentality
Operators are miserable
Please go through the resume
Sr Dotnet developer (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2014
Its a great pleasure and very promising environment to work with kinder morgon team.
Not So great after Merger
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee), HoustonApril 7, 2014
Pros: 9/80
Cons: management
A lot of confusion following El Paso Merger. More time will be needed to analysis process and procedures.
Same as above
EHS Technician (Current Employee), Marrero, LAApril 3, 2014
operations work such as:
loading trucks, railcars, barges
blends
gauges
etc.
It offers a very productive environment. People are very friendly to work with.
Accountant, Settlement Accounting (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: free parking, help pay part of your fitness expense
Cons: non
A typical day at work involved working with schedulers, traders, pipeline accountants and various departments, making sure prices and volumes was correct before sending out invoices and confirming before settlement date (most of these were netting customers). Resolve and clear up A/R and A/P accruals on a daily basis; heavily involved with customers – more... and management in order to achieve maximum porfitability. Had a very good relationship with co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was making sure the traders and schedulers provided the necessary information and changes needed to complete the job; however, I worked with a great group of people and more often the information was given in a timely manner.
The most enjoyabe part of the job was interacting with the customers and feeling good about solving their problems and the companies in regards to resolving issues that could have caused open items on the A/R and A/P reports. It's a good feeling knowing you are directly responsible for saving the company a lot of money. – less
Great Company
Clerk (Former Employee), Reserve, LAMarch 27, 2014
Payroll, Invoice Coding, Mail, Shipments, Billing, Records Management, Expense Reports, Tonnage Calculations, Certificates of Insurance, Monthly/Weekly Budget Reports
Solid Company
Business Development Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2014
Extreme focus on financial performance, top heavy and no resemblance of a training program. Very fast moving nimble company and good ideas get fast tracked.
Interesting and Knowledgeable Offshore Workplace
Contractor/Consultant (Temporary) (Former Employee), Houma, LAMarch 24, 2014
-A typical day at work was boxing document to be shipped and putting the documents on excel spreadsheet. Shipped over 600 boxes it destination.
-I learned alot about the platforms and meter stations in the oil field.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people that had knowledge about the field from over 30 years. They made sure to educate – more... me in an information I needed to get the job done.
- The hardest part about the job was having a deadline, having to end the job, and leave the wonderful employees I worked with. – less
Well balanced group of professionals.
Pipeline Controller (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: working inside, nice schedule, and annual bonus.
A typical day at work would generally consist of monitoring the pipelines and keeping them in a steady state. Interpreting the schedules to meet the customer's needs was probably the most important thing I learned and will help me in the future. I really enjoyed together as a team with my co-workers and we all got along quite well.
Great co workers, loved my job
Station Operator (Former Employee), NebraskaMarch 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: being on call, the only person to answer their phone
There was enough seperation from managment that you could do what you needed to do, everybody knew there job and how to do it the best they could. Toughest part was being on call all the time, there was not alot of home time.
Nice company
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Port AllenMarch 12, 2014
Operation of natural gas treating equipment to maintain designated operating conditions
Surveillance of plant processes on PLC or DCS
My objective is to find a job in which i can utilize my skills as a professional.
Heavy Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMarch 10, 2014
I enjoyed working for Kinder Morgan;really never had any problems everyone woprked together and made sure the job was complete and that we always worked in a safe place.
kinder morgan
Chemical Loader III/ Operator (Former Employee), Geismar, LAMarch 1, 2014
great company...good wages and overall good culture...would work for them again

About Kinder Morgan

This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator  Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the – Read more

Kinder Morgan Photos