Kinder Morgan

Kinder Morgan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good company
Pipeline technician (Current Employee), Wainwright, ABJanuary 27, 2014
pipeline tech,maintenance and operating, computer work,line locating
ping pong games during lunch hour
Draftsperson (Former Employee), vancouver bcJuly 23, 2013
company was relocated to Calgary, management was great but changed when there were replaced
Outstanding company to work for
Control Centre Operator (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABApril 6, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: shift work
Kinder Morgan is one of the best, if not the best, oil storage and transportation companies to work for in Canada. There is a feeling of a small to medium size company in it (although it is huge in USA), so you actually get things done, as well as en excellent work climate. I have always worked in the oil & gas, recently switched to pipeline business – more... and feel really great about it. Kinder Morgan rocks! – less
Kinder Morgan was a large company with all the issues that come with that
Contract Programmer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: the pay was good
Cons: working alone
I was a temp contract programmer. A typical day was the same as any other office job. I basically work alone and had contact with the person managing the project.
productive and fun place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 25, 2012
verify invoices, coding, signiture and AFE
process invoices, expense report and payment request for payment by cheque or wire
cheque run weekly
Great Company with exciting future
Gas Controller (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2014
It's an exciting time to be at Kinder Morgan. Very focused management team with clear vision for the future.
Terrible Company
Pumphouse (Former Employee), Carteret, NJAugust 6, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: terrible management
Terrible company!! Does not follow their own ethics rules. Supervisors abuse their authority and corporate does nothing. Supervisors are known to discuss personal health matters on conference calls.
good pay, long hours, no set schedule
Unloader (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2014
management doesn't follow the company policies. the pay is good but you work long hours and there is no set schedule.
ok
plant mechanic (Current Employee), snyder texasJuly 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: it who u know not what u know
great job bc of benefits but no moving up unless u talk your way up and its not what u know here its who u know
Very profesional work enviorment
Operation Specialist (Current Employee), LaFayette, NYJuly 27, 2014
It's a good place to work and enjoy the problem solving and technical aspects of the job. Being 33% of the work force there are always challenges to overcome.
nice place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJuly 25, 2014
a typical day at kinder morgan would be hauling from the port to yard. I learned what work safety is and the best co-workers i have ever had. Hardest part of the job was actually learning to operate a crane.
Very interesting job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJuly 18, 2014
I love my job here at Kinder Morgan. All the people are so pleasant to work with.
not a good place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJune 26, 2014
over worked and under payed for what they ask you to do plus bad management.
Great benifits, alot of hours
Operator (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: get paid during luch hours
Cons: no good days off
no real outside life if you working for this company as an operator
Keep going don't look back
Terminal Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: poor management, poor workers, horrible company
This place is a horrible place to work for. No leadership whats so ever. Management is a joke was wrote up two times while in training for no reason at all. Was lied on by the foreman several times. Place is a death trap. Racism is not hidden. There is a strong dislike for blacks. Your will be picked on if your new. This place is ran by a bunch of dummies. – more... Trust me the $26.79 they pay is not worth it. – less
Productive with a lot of hard workers
Internship (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARMay 28, 2014
Pros: vending machines were great, co-workers were nice and taught me a lot of good information.
Cons: short breaks, hours seemed longer when all the work was done and there was nothing left to do.
After working as an intern for Kinder Morgan, I learned about safety, the 6 core principles, observing employees driving DRI trucks and filling out JHA's. The hardest part of the job was getting all of the work done and not having anything to do to keep yourself busy while the time went by. The co-workers were fun to be around, cared a lot about our – more... safety and were there to answer any question that I had to ask. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work that I did do because it made the time go by faster. I learned how to use a fire extinguisher the right way and the PASS method (Pull, Aim, Squeeze, Sweep). Lastly, I learned how to use a crane to pick up coils and load them onto trucks, that was the best part of the job to me. – less
good company
Plant Operator (Former Employee), galena park housten txMay 20, 2014
The managers are very disrespectful and use inappropriate language.
Great people to work with.
Technical support Asst. (Contractor) (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 18, 2014
The Regional Field Technician was knowledgeable and very supportive, I learned something new everyday. All the employees I worked with were wonderful, very professional, polite and welcoming.
Great Place to work!
Operator 3- PETCOKE (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXMay 16, 2014
I learned so much and enjoyed the challenging environment and friendly staff and team leaders!
It was good place if wasn't for the long 60 to70 hour weeks
Stevedore/Supervisor (Former Employee), Morrisville, PAMay 7, 2014
Pros: healthcare and 401k if you participate
Cons: long 11 hours days and not having schedule off
Unloading material was fun for the most part. I have learned to deal with all types of personalities and people. the hardest part of job is working out in the elements of the very cold by the river. The great thing about the job was the group of people you had to work with was great to past the long hours to go by.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kinder Morgan

This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator¬† Kinder Morgan, Inc.¬†to be the – Read more

Kinder Morgan Photos