Kimberly-Clark

Kimberly-Clark Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
trainer
Operations Coordinator/ Trainer (Former Employee), Paris, TXApril 4, 2014
Pros: atmoshere was good
Cons: shift work
Lead Machine Operator for a 6 man crew
Served as Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
Supervised 10 call center agents for employment
Responsible for employee development and maintaining employee-training levels
Trainer, Travel for the company to provide and assist in installation of new machinery for the
company
Provided class room trainer in a setting – more... of 25-50 employees
Served as a company Emergency responder
Employee Relation – less
Great work Place
Forklift Driver and warehouse computer processor (Former Employee), Aiken, SCMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good company to move up in..
Cons: bad management..
Work was always low had to many days off, the management was good at the time all he did was watch and never show hands on what need to be done at the of the shift, It was like we were out there on our shift with our head cut off..
An everchanging environment
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), South AfricaMarch 23, 2014
Pros: exposure
Cons: fast change
Meetings, reports and systeme reviews form most of my day

I learnt resilience, working to diverse teams.

most enjoyable part of the job is to impart knowledge and skill to production staff during training I administer.

Than harded part of the job is when I am faced with hard consumer complaints
Great people, great products
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 22, 2014
Kimberly-Clark is not only a great place to work because of its people, but also because we make products that change lives.
Balanced life-work environment with bias in favor of men with families
Assoc. Marketing Director, Relationship Management (Former Employee), Roswell, GAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: very limited work hours; invitations to shop, take long lunches, long happy hours, etc.
Cons: women not promoted, women encouraged to have children, women objectified.
Although from the outside KC might seem like an open, female-friendly workplace, in reality, mainly if not all men make business and hiring decisions, and either hire their friends or ex-colleagues to continue the all-male, all-white culture.

As a female, most of the conversations directed at me were related to my need for children, the importance – more... of family (i.e. children), and the importance of church - discussed openly in private meetings at work.

Finally, most competent women, if not all, were either not promoted, not allowed to apply for promotions, for suspicious circumstances, while less qualified males applied for promotions and were in fact promoted without rationale.

In addition, a culture of drinking, offense language by management, and a total absence of good business decisions (i.e. no fully transparent, professional budgets, product launch deadlines, performance reviews - they were agreed to by the parties before being submitted so that the politics, of upmost importance, would be protected),

An altogether unprofessional, male-oriented, old-school place to work that seems out of place in 2014. – less
Fun, safety oriented workplace
Machine Operator/Technician (Current Employee), Conway, ARMarch 14, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, 401k
Cons: 12 hour shifts are kind of long
The work schedule, benefits, and pay are fantastic. The management works to make the environment pleasant and productive. Unfortunately, it is manufacturing. Therefore, it is one of the first industries to lay off when there are economy and/or sales issues.
Job Function
QA PROJECT ENGINEER (Electrical & Mechanical) (Former Employee), Neenah, WIMarch 10, 2014
Pros: i liked what i did
Directed a full spectrum of trade professionals, vendors, and contractors for the purpose of designing, manufacturing, distribution, and maintaining a vast array of custom instruments globally. This $18M asset base ensures consistency in the quality of FDA regulate devices.
• Concurrently managed 2 cross-functional teams, one chartered with designing, – more... manufacturing, distribution, and maintaining a vast array of custom instruments; the second comprised of several business units in order to drive uniformity and consistency throughout the organization
• Designed several medical and consumer products yielded 7 patents, 4 publications, and 6 trade secrets
• Implemented a quality initiative that reduced the required labor to maintain a vast array of documents by 2000+ hours annually and increased traceability
• Generated $3.6M in cost savings through highly effective contract negotiations – less
Good work-life balance
Finance (Current Employee), Neenah, WIMarch 4, 2014
Pros: work-life balance, opportunity to work remotely from home around holidays
Cons: hq location
It's a good company with overall good people and managers that really seem to care about work life balance and improving the culture. I would say that overall the benefits (healthcare, on site health clinic and exercise facility, flexibility to work remotely) are really great.

There are pretty good opportunities for relocation around the country if – more... you want to work for a stint at a manufacturing site or at a sales office, but if you want to move up in the company, most likely you are going to have to come back to the HQ in Wisconsin.

If you don't mind cold weather, are looking for a non-competitive environment and want a company with a good work-life balance, then this is a good fit for you. – less
Device Consultant
Interventional Spine Account Consultant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 4, 2014
Pros: able to run territory like my own business
Cons: 75 % travel which equates to time away from family
I provide new innovative medical solutions to Hospitals, Surgery Centers, and Physicians. My call points are directors, materials management, physicians, and ultimitaly ending up in the C-Suites. I have significant experience consulting to and working with C-suite to achieve measurable improvements in their clinical, operational, and financial performance. – more... I am responsible for managing a multi-state territory that includes parts of TN, KY, MS, AR, and OH. I am a true hunter. I cold call, research, pre plan, and execute sales initiatives given to me by upper management with an excellent track record. I have learned consultive selling techniques based off the Challenger and SPIN sales. I work closely with others sharing best practices as well as learning best practices from others. I have an excellent relationship with management. I am not micromanaged due to my numbers speaking for themselves. I consultant management to brainstorm solutions and angles to approach. I am always learning and learning from my experiences. The hardest part of my job is the extensive travel which is over 75% of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing an opportunity through the pipeline over a 9 month timeframe to fruition. – less
100+ year old company
FP&A/Corporate Finance/Treasury Operations (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 26, 2014
learning to run machines
process worker (Former Employee), Warwick Farm, NSWFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: good working conditions
Cons: long hours
learn new machines

packing of goods

working in unison with others
Account Manager
Account Representative (Former Employee), Field Sales Representative - Buffalo?RochesterFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: customer relationships
Cons: corporate communication
3 - 4 Acute Care call points per day with multiple call points within. The hardest part of the position was communication within corporate and obtaining feedback in a timely manner. Great relationships with co-workers within Region.
Flexible Hours
Production Operative (Former Employee), Barton upon Humber, ENGFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: break every 1.5 hours
Cons: unsociable hours
The main roles within this position were working on a busy production line and keeping to a set schedule. I had to report any faults with the products to the team leader. Making sure the production area complied with the Health and Safety legislation by keeping the area clear or any waste materials.
Good place to work and friendly atmosphere
Marketing Executive (Former Employee), Reigate, ENGFebruary 11, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Kimberly-Clark for over three years and meeting great people across Europe and different teams.

It was a valuable experience which enabled me to gain a strong background and exposure in Marketing.
productive place
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Southaven, MSFebruary 8, 2014
i played a very important role at this job, so i had to stay productive at all times.
great employer
sales manager (Former Employee), Roswell, GAFebruary 4, 2014
No longer in business as Fort Howard. Bought out by another manufactures
Fast paced, independant work environment.
Baby & Child Care Division Brand Trade Manager (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: management, little room for advancement
Very fast paced environment with an evolving culture. Great opportunities provided for self improvement through onsite classes and seminars.
KC Turkey
EHS and Security MAnager (Current Employee), İstanbul, T34January 30, 2014
Kimberly Clark is very big company, BUT
Turkey organization is not a company that could be adviced.

About Kimberly-Clark

Kimberly-Clark engages in worldwide manufacturing and marketing of a wide range of products for personal, business and industrial – Read more