Killam Properties Inc. Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great career to build on.
Res Mangr (Former Employee) –  NS12 September 2017
What other job is there that will give you a free apartment, may be amazing or not so great depending on the area, while paying you a decent amount? Staff is nice, no place is close to perfect, but find the lazy ones don't bug you while the nice ones help out a lot, so works out well.
Pros
Live where you work, help provided and easy to reach and fast to respond.
Cons
Work where you live, some crazy tenants.
Less than ideal
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB11 May 2017
I worked with this company as a part time Resident Manager...or at least that's what the salary compensation contract indicated at the time of hire. Instead, I found myself routinely working 50 hours per week for a 25 hour per week paycheck. Management is unrealistic. SOME coworkers were nice but there were several who routinely made working for the company horrible through s-e-x-u-a-l harassment, bullying, and other inappropriate behaviors. Attempts to resolve all of these issues through the proper chain of commanded yielded nothing whatsoever. I ended up quitting after 6 months of repeatedly horrible experiences and shortages on pay for supplementary work which was to be billed at $14 or $15/hour. Don't work for this company on any salaried position unless you are willing to put up with juvenile behavior and are willing to work for approximately $6.00 or less per hour. Horrible. Would recommend only to someone who was starving as a last ditch effort.
Pros
tenants are great
Cons
hours don't match contract, pay does not match hours, harassment, bullying, unrealistic expectations, employees routinely set up to fail
Resident Manager - Great Life
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 December 2016
I have a great job with Killam Properties. I am a resident manager of one their apartment buildings. The management and staff are great as well as the tenants in my building.

My basic duties are to keep current tenants happy and to maintain full vacancy. I maintain the property inside and out, provide communication to tenants and management.
Pros
Free rent, utilities and cable/internet
Cons
Have to have the phone on me 4/7 to answer tenants needs.
lots work all hours not much pay
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 March 2016
No respect for you or your life call you in any time work like a animal think it over the f considering this company not much salary it is eaten up in paying for the so called free apt
Pros
not much other then move around the site
Cons
lots work day nite weekends little pay
Enjoyable place to live and work
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 May 2014
It is always a great and interesting day. It starts with cleaning the building taking care of contractors, doing inspections and dealing with the residents. It;s very enjoyable, I work alone which is fine and the office is easy to deal with.
Pros
Location and the people
Cons
None that I can mention
Doesn't work for everyone.
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick11 March 2013
Since in most positions you are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, it can be hard to schedule personal/family time that isn't interrupted. Not for everyone. Good for those who can make sure they get things done without constant supervision.
benefits
Cons
always on call, pay not so great.