Kijiji Canada is a star performer within the eBay Classifieds portfolio and the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada, with more than 3X the traffic of the next largest competitor. Kijiji receives nearly 10 million unique visitors every month (~40% of all Canadian internet users) and has over 4 1/2 million live classifieds listings. We have succeeded because we think and behave like an aggressive start-up and we hire the best and brightest people.
Our team members continually exceed expectations; demonstrate a great deal of passion, initiative, creativity, and problem solving skills, while working in a fun, open and honest environment. Our developers will take ownership of major areas of our platform, designing and coding them to meet the growing needs of our business while providing a quality user experience for our users. A flexible and innovative mindset, balanced by solid experience in building scalable and quality web applications is paramount. It’s also important that you are detail oriented with a tendency to over-communicate. We are an Agile shop that uses Scrum to manage our iterations.
We are Macs!
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Segment and design system layers to support component and layered application development,
including user interface, business functionality, and database access.
- Work with your development lead, other developers, product managers, QA, and operation teams to
develop solutions that meet the business’ product requirements and deliver good performance,
scalability, and reliability.
- Estimate your development efforts, plan implementations, and rollout system changes.
- Meet realistic implementation schedules and adhere to development goals and principles.
- Share release management duties during feature rollouts and share on-call responsibilities.
- Develop industry and product technical expertise.
- BS/BA in CS/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed,
fault-tolerant applications for the internet.
- Significant experience with OOD, transactional services, concurrent programming, asynchronous and
event driven systems along with web application development.
- Strong core Java knowledge
- Significant experience with Spring Framework in projects that need to scale.
- A passion for elegant architecture, data modeling, problem solving and dealing with scaling issues.
- Extensive experience with Hibernate or JPA and MySQL.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing of service layers.
- Thirst for exploring leading edge technologies.
- Prioritize tasks and deliver according to estimates.
- Be able to have fun!
- Prefer experience with Apache, Tomcat, ActiveMQ, SOLR, MySQL, Linux/Unix, Spring core & MVC, JPA
or Hibernate, REST, AJAX, XML, JSON, JQuery and perhaps some Java EE.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Kijiji.ca is a star performer within the eBay Classifieds portfolio and the #1 online Classifieds site in Canada, with more than 3X the...