Kiewit Employee Reviews in Canada

Big Company
Material Controller Lead (Former Employee) –  KEARL Froth Site, North of Fort McMurray AlbertaOctober 23, 2015
High Turnover rate, otherwise great company to work for.
Huge and serious on Safety.
Many companies talk safety but production is quite often more important.
Not so with Kiewit.
They are the first employer I have worked for that is very serious about safety, and will go to any lengths to ensure that Safety is the #1 concern of everyone, no exceptions.
Great Company
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, ABAugust 21, 2015
Would love to go back. Liked the camp and the fifo program. cant compalin about the benefits either. all around good company
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Amazing learning opportunity but no life worklife balance
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMarch 5, 2015
is a company with great opportunity for growth you will get a job that is worth it and they give you lots of responsibility however the lack of respect and the long hours make this company hard to work for
Pros
free trips and compensation and if you get shares
Cons
loooooong hours and they dont treat people with respect
Great people and and great company
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 3, 2015
It was good while it lasted great people I learned a lot and will always take what I learn with me. Also the hours weren't bad I was happy with my hours
Pros
great people
Cons
needs improvements
Great Learning Experience
Planner/Reporting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bull Arm, NLNovember 24, 2015
This is a one of a kind project. Building a concrete GBS while it floats in the middle of the ocean. Such a great engineering accomplishment and very proud to be a part of this journey.
Great place to work!!
Steam fitter /QA/QC (Current Employee) –  Edmonton mod yardNovember 11, 2012
Very safety oriented , great Benifits and great wages. Lots of OT steady work working night shift has its pros and cons. Fridays are optional. People are saying that management is no good but those are the people that are screwing up and losing there jobs. If your a hard worker and work smart and properly then you have nothing to worry about. If you are looking for a company with lots of room for advancement and safe steady work then Kiewit is the place to be
Work enviornment was always changing which helped to gain different skills at every site
Electrical Foreman (Current Employee) –  Marystown, NLOctober 16, 2015
Had a chance to help with the fabrication of the KFTT project at Kearl Lake and learned a lot of nessecary skills to help me in advancing in the electrical trade.
When I needed them the most they were not there.
Ironworker/Welder (Former Employee) –  BCSeptember 16, 2014
Worked for them this year on a project in British Columbia, I got hurt on the job. Everything was fine, management acted like they were behind me until I filed for compensation through WCB, I later found out they disputed my injury. They went as far as contacting WCB to tell them that they believed I was hurt that morning and that I wasn't feeling well(which was entirely made up)

Would NEVER work for Kiewitt or any CLAC affiliation ever again.
Pros
not many come to mind.
Cons
stabbed me in the back when i needed them.
god company !
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 17, 2015
very good company. I worked with great pleasure. Always ready to
continue with this nice people. My best regard for this company
Great Culture
Engineer-Estimator/ Discipline Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QCNovember 6, 2015
Day of Work: In the field average 12 Hrs per day
At the office: 8 Hrs per day
Great Team to work with
Kiewit invest a lot in the skillls of his employee.
Fluctuating market created an unstable work place
Quality Surveillance(QA) (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLOctober 8, 2015
Seemed to be a bit of butting heads between Kiewit and Kvaerner, but a lot of good people on both sides of the table. The disastrous drop in oil prices created an unstable work environment, but in the 3 years I worked here I was always treated fair.
Best job I ever had
CWB Welder (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AlbertaJune 30, 2015
Loved working for Kiewit in Kearl Lake. Made a huge mistake by leaving, wish i had stayed. Management, supervision, formans and engineers all top of the line people who took great pride in there work and keeping moral at its best.
Pros
the best job ever
Cons
14 days away from family across the country
stressful
Portable Fabricator and Welder (Former Employee) –  sherwood parkJuly 29, 2015
project management was horrible. not enough tools for the job horrible welders lots of repairs. management is horrible to deal with
terrible moral
concrete finisher (Current Employee) –  mildred lk ab.April 24, 2014
We are treated like we're just a number. The management is the big problem with this place. Management has a hard time not letting the power they have go to thier heads. If youre hard up for a job than this is the place to go for a filler job. This place is no good for your mental health. Everything you ever learned any where else does not apply here. This is a good place to work if you know nothing about the industry and are just starting out in your career.
Pros
decent pay, when they didnt mess it up
Cons
having to do things the hard way, not doing things the right way the first time. they like to play, games
Good bunch of workers for the most part
CWB Welder (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLJune 30, 2015
Management is unorganized, left hand doesn`t know what the right hand is doing. If better organized and managed better would be the best place i have ever worked.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
14 days away from family
Great place to be
Carpenter Foreman (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 17, 2014
Typical day at work starts off with writing a Pre Task Instruction (PTI) for the crew. Go over what we are going to do for the day. I then get the guys/girls set up to where they are going to work, then carry out the days tasks.

The Management has been nothing but great to me and the rest of the crew, they are willing to train and answer any questions as required.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a job completed with nobody getting hurt, and making budget
Pros
great wages, great crew, great management
Cons
long hours, sometimes too many bosses
productive and fun place to work
Fabrication Lead Planner (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 14, 2012
Very busy environment but fun at the same time.
Without team work success is slower.
Lack of communications with upper management
Co-workers are excellent! We work hard and still manage to de-stress ourselves.
Hardest part of the job is not being recognized for the hard work the team has put in. And only one person gets the credits.
Having a good team and seeing that we accomplish our targets is very rewarding.
Pros
comraderie, helping and leading one another
Cons
lack of communications from upper management
Poor Management
Payroll / Benefit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 27, 2015
This company went from success to mess.The management was in constant change. The managers had no clue what they were doing.
Shared services was a disaster. No direction
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
working for Kiewit was pretty good
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, ABJune 15, 2015
Working for Kiewit was pretty good, it was a camp job witch I like a lot. 90% of the guys that I worked were easy to get along with and helpful when you needed help. Management was the same I would definitely work for them again.
Great people and alot of great perks to be a happy and productive employee.
Safety Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJanuary 13, 2015
I can't say anything bad about the company. Its project related so the project came to an end and there was no where to place me. I learned how to work productively with managers. I started off working there solely as time card entry. I entered timecards for the craft employees and at its perk it was about 800 plus employees. I moved up to payroll and was responsible to see that all those 800 employees were paid on time and accurately. I then was moved to the Safety Team and worked along side the safety manager who I learned was a great mentor.
Pros
free lunch every friday. great benefits package. great people to work with.
Cons
they had no where to place me.