Kiewit

Kiewit Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No Work / Life Balance
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 21, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: no work life balnce
Kiewit is constantly bidding work all over the US. So, working for Kiewit means a strong commitment to the company. Family second.
Great learning experience, not so much work-life balance
Structures Field Engineer (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches thursday, great benefits and matching 401k, great for entry level engineers looking to learn about the construction world
Cons: 12 hours is a short work day, great work ethic goes unrecognized, company is more about the image than attending to employees needs
As an entry level engineer, I came into an environment with not a lot of training available, but a huge amount of responsibility. I quickly learned everything relies on planning. The most difficult part of the job was communication between different levels of on the job. Management had one schedule, while us engineers went off their schedule, then the – more... whole thing changed the next day, and what you spent hours working on doesn't mean anything until 3 weeks down the road. I did enjoy connecting with the craft, actually checking all the work, and getting to use a builder's level everyday. – less
Great place to be
Driver (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: occasinal time off from weather
I ran liming operations and occasional safety tours. This is what really sparked my interest in safety
Lots of work going on in a very busy atmosphere.
Piping Tech. (Former Employee), Ingleside, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: many jobs available to be performed.
Cons: no matter the skills, or work established to move up, there's not much incentive, and pay is very low with little or no raises.
You can achieve many skills and be in control of your training.
Horrible
Cost Engineer (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 22, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: pay, hours
I'll make it easy and simple.
HR is a joke, no one knows anything.
No Life/Work Balance
I will never work for this company again
Founding member of employee safety council (Former Employee), Ingleside, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: terrible working environment
Kiewit is a very political company. Unless you are related to someone in upper management, you will never get promoted.
IT department is young
IM Regional Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 19, 2014
If you want to move up in the company you need to move to Omaha, NE.
Fast paced very productive days.
CAD Technician / I.T (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMay 5, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: away from home
I like working at Kiewit. I have learned a lot here. Worked away from home for 5 1/2 years ready to get back to Florida.
Horrible Company To Work For
NDE Tech (Former Employee), Kiewit, Ingleside TxApril 28, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement
Engineers are overworked. Very high turnover ratio, engineers get burned out and don't last more than two or three years. They advertise "Be part of the Kiewit family". There is no loyalty at the Kiewit Yard in Ingleside. Poor management, favoritism and way too much office drama. No room for advancement unless you kiss up or are in "The Click". Pay – more... raises are nonexistent. It doesn't matter how much you learn or how much responsibility you take on, hourly staff personnel get a whole 25 cent raise each year and that's if your lucky to get that. – less
Fun, interesting and good overall
Commercial and Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Sioux City, IAApril 14, 2014
Pros: free water all you could drink and morning and afternoon excercise
Cons: no too many
This job was mainly manned by electricians from other locals (cities) it was difficult for that alone but the guys made it fun and very interesting we learned to do things in many ways since everyone did things different where they come from but yet we all got along some better then others. Management was good they were very concerned about safety.
Drug addicts
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Gillette wyoApril 13, 2014
Pros: no rights
Cons: drugs, unsafe tic has killed several of its employees
Supervision use and sells meth.
Aliens welcome
Very evil corporation
Pays substandard wages and performs illegal hiring practices
Typical political corporate BS
HR (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 7, 2014
If you're not a golden child you won't get very far...they definitely play the political favorites. If you're not that AGGRESSIVE person...but a person who comes to work everyday and does their job..you won't get very far. That doesn't go very far with this company.
Great Internship
Intern (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXApril 5, 2014
I worked with Kiewit on a summer internship. I spent one to two weeks in each aspect of the company to get a well rounded education of the construction process during my time with the company. The co-workers were helpful and the management gave great guidance during the summer.
Work Experiance
Staff Tax Accountant (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 26, 2014
• Prepared Federal partnership returns.
• Computed estimated tax payments.
• Reconciled clients A/R and A/P in QuickBooks.
productive
scaffold helper (Former Employee), ingleside, txMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: short breaks
learn different things ex. carpenter, scaffold herlper, painter helper, and many more.
Awesome opportunity to meet new people
Human Resource Coordinator, Onboarding (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2014
My supervisor is super supportive and encourages goals and career growth. Kiewit provides flexibility in their schedule. Is probably the best place I've ever worked.
I like working at Kiewit
Lead man (Former Employee), Ingelside TxMarch 15, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: every other sunday off
I was contracted by Shore to work at Kiewit good company and good people to work for no issues as I always say you treat employees right you get a good respond and good feed back as well and that's what happen at KOS.
Great Job
Craft skilled Laborer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: seasonal
This job was great,I worked on the New Bay Bridge it felt good to be apart of something that will stand through the test of time. I sandblasted the entire Bay Bridge. The Pay Was Great,the hours were great we worked alot of overtime.
Good place to work just watch the groups...
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ingleside, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: not as busy as dayshift was, and the people that worked there
Cons: management could of been better... espesically on the disipline side...
typical day at work was taking off boots of of cars parked in no parking zone or wreck less driving... scan id cards of people coming in and out of the yard.. at night there really was not that good management till we got a junior leadman the co workers i worked with some were good some were bad just like any job... the hardest part was keeping yourself – more... busy i worked at night 6 to 6 so not as fast paced as day shift was... most enjoyable part was being able to make a strong friendship with people working in the field and having help when needed... – less
Two summer Internships with Kiewit Offshore Services.
Junior Field Engineer (Former Employee), Marystown, NLMarch 4, 2014
- Kiewit helped me gain valuable knowledge in prepare me for the engineering/construction field.
- Mentors/Supervisors gave excellent help and advice throughout both internships.
- Great working environment.

About Kiewit

Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth – Read more