Kiewit Employee Reviews

Best company I have ever worked for
Carpenter Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONJanuary 27, 2016
This company treated me great! It was the only time I have bounced out of bed everyday excited to go to work. They rewarded hard work and dedication, and had a great safety policy that helped the work crews rather than hindering them. I would work for this company anytime!
Pros
Great safety and work achievement awards
Awesome experience.
Fireproofer/Painter (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLMarch 11, 2016
Received a lot of training, lots of challenging situations, good work place, great co workers. Over all a great place to work.
Good Safety Environment
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearl LakeJuly 14, 2015
Employee owned company based out of the USA with heavy American influence in all management decisions. A circle the wagon mentality and assess blame to workers and treats them as sacrificial goats to protect field management.

Management in the field does not know what each separate division is doing and work stacks up. If you do make a difference they get rid of you, they do not like people who think.

Leadership at the senior level and on the ground appear on the surface to care, but at the end of the day you are nothing to them but an avenue to achieve a goal. Promises are made but never followed through and once they have met their goal you are gone.

Over all if you are an hourly tradesman good place to work, entry level or middle management and not a stock owner, you are a virus and the politics are total nonsense.
Pros
Pay & Safety
Cons
Good
Journeyman painter (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLMarch 11, 2016
Worked hard, a lot of nice people, good experience. Fire proofing was a blast. Learned lot of skills that will help me in the future.
Nice working environment.
Precast Yard Surveyor and QC (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 19, 2016
Gives me lots of opportunities to learn on different methods of construction, autocad drawings, precast construction and other road works construction.
the camp we were lodged in had a gym, ice rink, and a pool table games room.
Lead Hand/ Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 7, 2015
I really enjoyed working with Kiewit. They were really safety oriented and cared for the employees. We would start the shift off with a safety tool box talk and doing morning stretches then be given ou task and go do it, if you were unsure you were more then free to ask with nothing said about making sure your clear. They would check in with you to see how things were progressing and see if there was any changes.

I really enjoyed it as I started out as a skilled labourer and moved up to lead hand then a lead hand equipment operator, they had no trouble with moving a individual up when it was warranted and the need was there.
Pros
the ability to move up in job positions
Cons
Long Cold Weather in the winter working night shift.
PMH1
Field Engineer / Quality Control (QC/QA) Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 20, 2014
Peter Kiewit Infrastructure PMH1 Upgrade Project:

Good variety of experiences and responsibilities,
If you are a go getter it's a great place.
Salary is competitive.
The co-workers are good quality people.
Can learn a lot in a short period.
Pros
unlimited potential
Cons
a lot of required overtine
Inspections
Environmental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Smithville, ONFebruary 7, 2016
We have a very strategic inspection duties , Working here you learn allot about Team work and allot of challenges .

Alex
great learning tools
MLMR CSA Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 26, 2015
Teach you the things you need to know to get the job done..
Work life balance is lacking. Young engineers are taken advantage of, and if you are not willing to slit your coworkers throat to get ahead...you'll never get ahead.
Great place to work.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 5, 2016
I Enjoyed driving truck, setting up work plants, and overall duties. I recieved experience driving trucks from U.S. and across Canada.
Awesome Company to work for !
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, ABFebruary 1, 2015
It was a good company , who paid a good salary and looked after its workers ! Flights home were paid for which was a big bonus .Workers were easy to get along with .
Pros
camp provided, flights home paid for
Excellent place to learn but starve doing it
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2013
Kiewit is a great place for new engineers to "get their feet wet" within the industry but maybe not the best place for more experienced individuals to work as their salary level are subpar when compared to the competition.
Pros
excellent management staff
Cons
low salary
Great Company, Great People!
Engineer in Training (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2013
Peter Kiewit is a great company to gain valuable experience in the engineering field. There's a lot of opportunity for career advancement and the people that you work with are outstanding.
Pros
good salary and benefit packages
Cons
away from home (camp jobs)
Company that Does Not Care About Employee Safety
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCJanuary 10, 2012
Multiple accidents occurred while I was employed there. When you try to report an incident the safety team ignores you. If you get injury compensation you will lose your job.
In addition, you are told to keep an eye out for environmental impacts but then ignored if you report them, as well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
employee deaths, injuries
A valuable team was the most important part of my success with this company.
FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Kapaskasing,ON.February 7, 2015
A very fast paced work place with advancement for those willing to work hard.I liked the faith placed in me to do the job right every time,without being micro-managed.The hours were long and the work was hard,but the days flew by.A valuable team was the most important part of my success with this company.In construction,all good things come to an end-as did this one.
Good company
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  port mcneillDecember 22, 2012
safety is #1 priority. overall good company to work for. benifits kicked in within first month, union is easy to deal with and access.
Pros
pay, coworkers, lots of hours
Cons
job security, too many bosses
good safe educational place to work
Assistant welding superintendant (Current Employee) –  Marystown, NLSeptember 21, 2015
no job security as of contract work, otherwise very fun enjoyable place to work! most employees and office staff are friendly and helpful and as I was on a 14/7 rotation the transportation and accomadations were great!
Pros
awards for saftey, some lunches
Awesome Place To work
pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLDecember 3, 2015
Kiewit Offshore Services in Marystown,Nl was a great place to work. Between the Office staff right down the the labours on site. The atmosphere was great. I am very pleased to say I worked down there for 19 months. I hope to go back soon!!
Site Administrator
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 26, 2015
Had a hand in most of the administration on site, interacting with management from different countries in a team environment. Awesome company to work for
Pros
family environment
Cons
layoffs
Excellent employer
Quality Assurance Specialist / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLNovember 27, 2015
Very good - I would highly recommend. I would also think that the feelings are mutual.

Please do contact them if you would like to.
Pros
Very good