Kiewit Employee Reviews

Inspections
Environmental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Smithville, ON7 February 2016
We have a very strategic inspection duties , Working here you learn allot about Team work and allot of challenges .

Alex
Great place to work.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2016
I Enjoyed driving truck, setting up work plants, and overall duties. I recieved experience driving trucks from U.S. and across Canada.
Good ppl
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB14 February 2016
Good group of guys to work with. all pros. There work hard and get the job done. Learnt that i didn't want to be apart of the politics there tho.
good job
jm welder (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL3 February 2016
was i a good paying job good management not to bad to work for town was small friendy people good that you didnt have t pay for a place flights ect
Great people and and great company
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 December 2015
It was good while it lasted great people I learned a lot and will always take what I learn with me. Also the hours weren't bad I was happy with my hours
Pros
great people
Cons
needs improvements
Fluctuating market created an unstable work place
Quality Surveillance(QA) (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 October 2015
Seemed to be a bit of butting heads between Kiewit and Kvaerner, but a lot of good people on both sides of the table. The disastrous drop in oil prices created an unstable work environment, but in the 3 years I worked here I was always treated fair.
Nice environment to work and employees are well compensated
Procurement Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver1 September 2015
I like the attitude of the people and how management treat their employees fairly. The company are equipping employees in the right direction to improve the quality of their work, giving them trainings, seminars and taking special coarses. Overall its a fun workplace.
Pros
a lot of company benifits
Cons
Non
Great Learning Experience
Planner/Reporting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bull Arm, NL24 November 2015
This is a one of a kind project. Building a concrete GBS while it floats in the middle of the ocean. Such a great engineering accomplishment and very proud to be a part of this journey.
Productive, challenging work environment
Construction Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Bull Arm, NL21 March 2016
The Bull Arm Hebron Project is the first of its kind in the world in that the scope of the 700 Slip Form was never attempted before. This presented numerous challenges from a planning, logistical and engineering point of view.

A typical work day began with a 6:30am meeting to plan work, a Stretch and Flex, and toolbox talk. Attendance would then be taken and the craft would begin the day at 7am.

As the Field Tech, it was my job to monitor attendance, source material, monitor production and track costs for the department when I was on shift. We rotated between day shift and night shift every two weeks.

A shift was always the same team members, from departmental staff to Exxon Mobil Management, which provided the opportunity to get to know the people you worked with on a personal as well as professional level.

I learned that it can be quite simple to plan a task on paper or in a board room, but the realtime execution of the task is where the unforeseen problems can arise. However, through proper planning and monitoring, any task can be broken down into a series of smaller tasks, making it that much more manageable.
Pros
Excellent work experience, relevant to what I want to do
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement
good safe educational place to work
Assistant welding superintendant (Current Employee) –  Marystown, NL21 September 2015
no job security as of contract work, otherwise very fun enjoyable place to work! most employees and office staff are friendly and helpful and as I was on a 14/7 rotation the transportation and accomadations were great!
Pros
awards for saftey, some lunches
great learning tools
MLMR CSA Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 October 2015
Teach you the things you need to know to get the job done..
Work life balance is lacking. Young engineers are taken advantage of, and if you are not willing to slit your coworkers throat to get ahead...you'll never get ahead.
Work enviornment was always changing which helped to gain different skills at every site
Electrical Foreman (Current Employee) –  Marystown, NL16 October 2015
Had a chance to help with the fabrication of the KFTT project at Kearl Lake and learned a lot of nessecary skills to help me in advancing in the electrical trade.
Excellent employer
Quality Assurance Specialist / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 November 2015
Very good - I would highly recommend. I would also think that the feelings are mutual.

Please do contact them if you would like to.
Pros
Very good
Cons
Great company to work for, very team oriented employees.
Quality Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC12 August 2015
I loved the experience of working for Kiewit Infrastructure.
All employees I worked with were professional and helpful in getting my job done.
I would love the opportunity to be employed by them again.
Pros
Great people, and supervisors
Cons
none......no pressure
Good Safety Environment
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake14 July 2015
Employee owned company based out of the USA with heavy American influence in all management decisions. A circle the wagon mentality and assess blame to workers and treats them as sacrificial goats to protect field management.

Management in the field does not know what each separate division is doing and work stacks up. If you do make a difference they get rid of you, they do not like people who think.

Leadership at the senior level and on the ground appear on the surface to care, but at the end of the day you are nothing to them but an avenue to achieve a goal. Promises are made but never followed through and once they have met their goal you are gone.

Over all if you are an hourly tradesman good place to work, entry level or middle management and not a stock owner, you are a virus and the politics are total nonsense.
Pros
Pay & Safety
Horrible Company
Site Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 September 2015
Company that expects their employees to give everything to the company but will give nothing in return. Working for a company in fort mcmurray, away from family is hard enough but being away to work for a company that doesn't care about their employees is very sad.
Site Administrator
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2015
Had a hand in most of the administration on site, interacting with management from different countries in a team environment. Awesome company to work for
Pros
family environment
Cons
layoffs
a great work enviroment with new potentials to learn everyday
Marine Foreman (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC18 September 2015
Great working atmosphere with a variety of challenges one may encounter on a daily basis. Fasted paced work majority of the time, yet with a very hard working crew, daily duties were well managed.
Great Culture
Engineer-Estimator/ Discipline Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC6 November 2015
Day of Work: In the field average 12 Hrs per day
At the office: 8 Hrs per day
Great Team to work with
Kiewit invest a lot in the skillls of his employee.
Good place with a strong safety culture
Warehouse Person/Tool Crib Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2015
Good place with a strong safety culture.
Good Wage
Well stocked supply shop
Good People
Stable hours 5-10's
Technology innovative
good craft buy in for their safety culture empowering each worker to have their say.
Poor turnover
Pros
Free Breakfast occasionally
Cons
Poor Management. extremely poor turnover