Kiewit Employee Reviews in Canada

Awesome coworkers, learned a LOT
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day is busy, but you learn a lot. It was never-ending learning and change, but if you are the type of person who likes that, it was fun!
The friendly and amazing coworkers I was lucky enough to work with definitely kept me at Kiewit for 5 years.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
HR staff is not inviting/friendly
Productive and Fun place to work.
Journeyman Red Seal Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Fun workplace with good camp facilities. Been with the company from 2009 to 2015. Met lot of good people who I worked with. The fun part was when we used to watch movies is the lounge area. Had a lot of travelling to do every fortnight.

Used to get the job done and make sure the work place is safe at all times.
Everyday do an inspection of the Crane before going to the job site, and making notes as required on the site.
Pros
Good Camp Food
Cons
10 hours per day with some overtime
Best company I have ever worked for
Carpenter Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONJanuary 27, 2016
This company treated me great! It was the only time I have bounced out of bed everyday excited to go to work. They rewarded hard work and dedication, and had a great safety policy that helped the work crews rather than hindering them. I would work for this company anytime!
Pros
Great safety and work achievement awards
Fast Paced high production large industrial construction projects
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 22, 2016
Excellent Company to work for. Safety Orientated, high production, on the job leadership training.
Strong emphases on site awareness and organization. High potential for danger industrial construction in live traffic or extreme terrain.
Pros
long term projects
Working As pipe fitter
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Alberta CanadaJanuary 1, 2016
Excellent company benefits, and very good rate. They give us allot of safety training and certifications, safety first culture. Superintendent give the opportunity to be pipe fitter foreman because my skills and hard work.
Pros
Very nice experience, and excellent company, they give us tools, food, travel.
Cons
Work in freeze wather, and close to gases on live plant.
Co-op Student Typical Day
Safety Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Bull Arm, NLDecember 15, 2015
I would go into work each morning and get together with the safety team to determine what was the main focus for the day. Then, unless something came up (such as an incident), the main duty would be to be field present. Look for hazards, review job task with workers, ensure everyone was working safely, and deal with any safety issues as they arose. Meetings, safety walks, and learning were part of my daily job requirements. I would love to get out in the field and participate in ensuring the site was safe. I didn't find any of the job hard as it was a complete learning experience and i was lucky to be a part of it.
Pros
The level of safety coworkers I had to assist me
Fast paced and rewarding work environment
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2015
The ability to work on nearly any kind of project imaginable is incredibly rewarding. You can head to a hydro dam retrofit or a nuclear power plant, a co-gen power plant, an LRT line, or the building of a new hospital, or countless other projects. The amount you can learn is endless.

The work environment is always faced paced but the quality of the people there make it very easy to forget stress and turn out incredible work.

The hardest part of the job is really only trying to determine where you are going next!
Pros
Learning experiences galore
Cons
some days can get long, and not knowing where you are going after your current project can be stressful
Not just a career but a lifestyle
scheduling (Current Employee) –  NLDecember 10, 2015
This company can be very demanding with the amount of travel, being away from home and the long hours that are expected. Majority of my co-workers throughout the 9 years I was with this company could not handle it and moved on to greener pastures. They weren't very good at managing their most important assets - people. A lot of decisions were last minute and they expected people to move at the drop of dime. They hire a lot of young people and exploit them making them work demanding positions with long hours and little compensation for the work involved. It tends to be a good way though for younger people to gain experience and Kiewit will usually allow younger people to work these demanding positions.
Pros
Good for experience
Cons
Kiewit Lifestyle
Lots of great people to work with
Canadian District Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 5, 2015
Safety culture was great. Any and all training was paid for and provided by the company. lots of job perks, like travel, lunches and staff functions
Pros
great salary
Cons
Long hours, no work lift balance
Awesome Place To work
pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLDecember 3, 2015
Kiewit Offshore Services in Marystown,Nl was a great place to work. Between the Office staff right down the the labours on site. The atmosphere was great. I am very pleased to say I worked down there for 19 months. I hope to go back soon!!
Great people and and great company
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 3, 2015
It was good while it lasted great people I learned a lot and will always take what I learn with me. Also the hours weren't bad I was happy with my hours
Pros
great people
Cons
needs improvements
Excellent employer
Quality Assurance Specialist / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLNovember 27, 2015
Very good - I would highly recommend. I would also think that the feelings are mutual.

Please do contact them if you would like to.
Pros
Very good
Great Learning Experience
Planner/Reporting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bull Arm, NLNovember 24, 2015
This is a one of a kind project. Building a concrete GBS while it floats in the middle of the ocean. Such a great engineering accomplishment and very proud to be a part of this journey.
Good company to work for.
Full time Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Pointe Du Bois, MBNovember 21, 2015
Safety is foremost. They take pride in there safe work practices. Salary and benefits are also very good. Good company to work for.
god company !
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 17, 2015
very good company. I worked with great pleasure. Always ready to
continue with this nice people. My best regard for this company
wasnt a good company
skilled labouror (Former Employee) –  edmonton abNovember 12, 2015
Kiewit had a problem with playing the blame game. company could have had better management and could have used more zoom booms for the delivery of steel. pay was good but the mod yard was a mess and a lot of injury in a month. Kiewit didn't offer job stability as one minute they hire a bunch of people and in a week lay 15 others off. the co workers were good people and had no issues with any. just letting everyone know if you go to this company you make an error your terminated and come up with a bull excuses is to why your terminated
Pros
good pay
Cons
no job security and poor managment
Great Culture
Engineer-Estimator/ Discipline Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QCNovember 6, 2015
Day of Work: In the field average 12 Hrs per day
At the office: 8 Hrs per day
Great Team to work with
Kiewit invest a lot in the skillls of his employee.
Great company if you're willing to devote your life to work
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  A-25 highwayOctober 29, 2015
Overall, Kiewit is an excellent employer: the company is very organized, they continuously provide on-the-job training for new and seasoned employees, the salary is competitive, the benefits are great, and there is no limit to career advancement as long as you're willing to work long and hard.
Pros
excellent benefits
great learning tools
MLMR CSA Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 26, 2015
Teach you the things you need to know to get the job done..
Work life balance is lacking. Young engineers are taken advantage of, and if you are not willing to slit your coworkers throat to get ahead...you'll never get ahead.
Site Administrator
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 26, 2015
Had a hand in most of the administration on site, interacting with management from different countries in a team environment. Awesome company to work for
Pros
family environment
Cons
layoffs