Kiewit Employee Reviews

Awesome experience.
Fireproofer/Painter (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLMarch 11, 2016
Received a lot of training, lots of challenging situations, good work place, great co workers. Over all a great place to work.
Good
Journeyman painter (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLMarch 11, 2016
Worked hard, a lot of nice people, good experience. Fire proofing was a blast. Learned lot of skills that will help me in the future.
productive and safe work environment
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 2, 2016
Enjoyed working with this company and maybe I will again someday. My day consisted of many different things to do with scaffolding. My employer and employees was a great group of people
overall ok
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 29, 2016
I did not like middle management, overall company was good and tried very hard to develop employees. Relationships depended deeply on what location you worked out of.
very fast paced fun environment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2016
As an equipment operator i was alway bust throughout the day. working with every trade on site as well as snow clearing in the winter .
Pros
safety awards
Cons
very busy and productive place to work
heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2016
I learned many parts of working with different trades being an equipment operator. Kiewit is a very safety based company which made it nice to come to work knowing you could stay safe.
Pros
safety awards. Barbecues
Cons
supervision with little or no experience in certain trades
Great
Lead Estimator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2016
Great work life balance with a great learning experience. Excellent work environment. Mutual respect with the co workers.
Nice working environment.
Precast Yard Surveyor and QC (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 19, 2016
Gives me lots of opportunities to learn on different methods of construction, autocad drawings, precast construction and other road works construction.
great place to work
Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLFebruary 16, 2016
i learned so much and over come some challenges that i thought was not possible and i also made alot of friends , and got touse my people skills and work with alot of cultures it was great.
Pros
safety awards and they also donate to help the towns with stuff in need
Cons
not always work in the ship yard
it was a Great company to work for until the jobs in BC dried out for the Company.
Key Foreman (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 15, 2016
Working at Kiewit was a great learning experience. I enjoyed the variety of work on the Port Mann Bridge. I was part building the bridge, the demolition of the old bridge and the Marine work. I took care of the barges and worked with tug boat operations.
I learned to work with explosives, pile driving, iron working, welding, and all the Marine operations.
I got along with the Iron Workers and Tug Boat Operators.
Hardest part of the job was working at Camp when the Port Mann bridge was done because I had to be away from my family. But I enjoyed learning how to operate loaders. It was a great learning experience.
Pros
learning a variety of new aspects in construction
Cons
loss of job
Good ppl
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABFebruary 14, 2016
Good group of guys to work with. all pros. There work hard and get the job done. Learnt that i didn't want to be apart of the politics there tho.
Great Learning Experience
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLFebruary 9, 2016
I've worked here for 3 weeks during a work exposure and I've learned a lot in those three weeks. I've enjoyed working there and I always got satisfaction from actually getting to complete real work.
Pros
Staff here were always willing to help out if I found difficulty
Inspections
Environmental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Smithville, ONFebruary 7, 2016
We have a very strategic inspection duties , Working here you learn allot about Team work and allot of challenges .

Alex
Great place to work.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 5, 2016
I Enjoyed driving truck, setting up work plants, and overall duties. I recieved experience driving trucks from U.S. and across Canada.
good job
jm welder (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLFebruary 3, 2016
was i a good paying job good management not to bad to work for town was small friendy people good that you didnt have t pay for a place flights ect
Awesome coworkers, learned a LOT
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day is busy, but you learn a lot. It was never-ending learning and change, but if you are the type of person who likes that, it was fun!
The friendly and amazing coworkers I was lucky enough to work with definitely kept me at Kiewit for 5 years.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
HR staff is not inviting/friendly
Productive and Fun place to work.
Journeyman Red Seal Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Fun workplace with good camp facilities. Been with the company from 2009 to 2015. Met lot of good people who I worked with. The fun part was when we used to watch movies is the lounge area. Had a lot of travelling to do every fortnight.

Used to get the job done and make sure the work place is safe at all times.
Everyday do an inspection of the Crane before going to the job site, and making notes as required on the site.
Pros
Good Camp Food
Cons
10 hours per day with some overtime
Best company I have ever worked for
Carpenter Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONJanuary 27, 2016
This company treated me great! It was the only time I have bounced out of bed everyday excited to go to work. They rewarded hard work and dedication, and had a great safety policy that helped the work crews rather than hindering them. I would work for this company anytime!
Pros
Great safety and work achievement awards
Fast Paced high production large industrial construction projects
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 22, 2016
Excellent Company to work for. Safety Orientated, high production, on the job leadership training.
Strong emphases on site awareness and organization. High potential for danger industrial construction in live traffic or extreme terrain.
Pros
long term projects
Working As pipe fitter
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Alberta CanadaJanuary 1, 2016
Excellent company benefits, and very good rate. They give us allot of safety training and certifications, safety first culture. Superintendent give the opportunity to be pipe fitter foreman because my skills and hard work.
Pros
Very nice experience, and excellent company, they give us tools, food, travel.
Cons
Work in freeze wather, and close to gases on live plant.