Kiewit Employee Reviews in Canada

Great working conditions.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, OntarioApril 2, 2016
Kewit is the safety workplace who prides themselves doing the job safe .This company was the best I've ever had the chance to work for keep up the good work. Safety is top priority in this company it shows they care about you and your family more companies should take an example of this great company .
Pros
Long hours and can work 7 days plus
Cons
To many foremans on same job leads to confusion at times .
Great Company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2016
Depends on the project you are on but they have a great support system to help you learn and do your job efficiently. You will do weld inspection, turnover, vessel inspection, document review, QA walkdowns and Tri-party walks
Good company
Subcontract Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2016
Kiewit is a good company, their EIT program is very good.

I have learned a lot from working with Kiewit, its a great place to work if you would like to gain experience in the construction industry.
Pros
RRSP Program
Cons
Salary
Electrical intern (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 30, 2016
Its a great work environment with a focus on safety and the well being of the employees. It is a great place to work no matter who you are.
Pros
Great overall work environment
Cons
quite far away for me
decent place to work
Fitter/welder/ironworker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMarch 24, 2016
not too bad workers are awesome they provide good ppe safety is over the top the tools are all provided for your job they provide coffee and utensils for eating if you forget to bring yours.
Pros
workers are great
Cons
too much blame on the workers
Great work and great pay
Labourer/ First Aid Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 21, 2016
Enjoyed working here while the job lasted.
Great wages, great hours and great co-workers and bosses.
This company takes very good care of its employees.
very organized, well run company
Mobile Crane Operator, Red Seal (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLMarch 21, 2016
had a great experience working for Kiewit. sorry to see the job come to an end. hope to work for them again soon. great supervisors and co workers as well
Productive, challenging work environment
Construction Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Bull Arm, NLMarch 21, 2016
The Bull Arm Hebron Project is the first of its kind in the world in that the scope of the 700 Slip Form was never attempted before. This presented numerous challenges from a planning, logistical and engineering point of view.

A typical work day began with a 6:30am meeting to plan work, a Stretch and Flex, and toolbox talk. Attendance would then be taken and the craft would begin the day at 7am.

As the Field Tech, it was my job to monitor attendance, source material, monitor production and track costs for the department when I was on shift. We rotated between day shift and night shift every two weeks.

A shift was always the same team members, from departmental staff to Exxon Mobil Management, which provided the opportunity to get to know the people you worked with on a personal as well as professional level.

I learned that it can be quite simple to plan a task on paper or in a board room, but the realtime execution of the task is where the unforeseen problems can arise. However, through proper planning and monitoring, any task can be broken down into a series of smaller tasks, making it that much more manageable.
Pros
Excellent work experience, relevant to what I want to do
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement
great place to work with a lot of good skilled people
Warehouse Journey Person (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLMarch 19, 2016
All in a days work start with the stretch and flex and morning meeting cause safty always comes first.Follow employees working and watching out for each other and working good together makes for a great day.
Pros
Meeting so many good people
Cons
Some people jealous cause you work hard for what you get.
enjoyable place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABMarch 15, 2016
Learned a lot of safety , Kiewit goes the extra mile to make sure safety is always the number one . CSA are constantly making sure all new employees are given proper training and assigned the proper mentors before heading out in the field
Pros
good work, good wages
Cons
too many staff
Awesome experience.
Fireproofer/Painter (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLMarch 11, 2016
Received a lot of training, lots of challenging situations, good work place, great co workers. Over all a great place to work.
Good
Journeyman painter (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLMarch 11, 2016
Worked hard, a lot of nice people, good experience. Fire proofing was a blast. Learned lot of skills that will help me in the future.
productive and safe work environment
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 2, 2016
Enjoyed working with this company and maybe I will again someday. My day consisted of many different things to do with scaffolding. My employer and employees was a great group of people
overall ok
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 29, 2016
I did not like middle management, overall company was good and tried very hard to develop employees. Relationships depended deeply on what location you worked out of.
very fast paced fun environment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2016
As an equipment operator i was alway bust throughout the day. working with every trade on site as well as snow clearing in the winter .
Pros
safety awards
Cons
very busy and productive place to work
heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2016
I learned many parts of working with different trades being an equipment operator. Kiewit is a very safety based company which made it nice to come to work knowing you could stay safe.
Pros
safety awards. Barbecues
Cons
supervision with little or no experience in certain trades
Great
Lead Estimator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2016
Great work life balance with a great learning experience. Excellent work environment. Mutual respect with the co workers.
Nice working environment.
Precast Yard Surveyor and QC (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 19, 2016
Gives me lots of opportunities to learn on different methods of construction, autocad drawings, precast construction and other road works construction.
great place to work
Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLFebruary 16, 2016
i learned so much and over come some challenges that i thought was not possible and i also made alot of friends , and got touse my people skills and work with alot of cultures it was great.
Pros
safety awards and they also donate to help the towns with stuff in need
Cons
not always work in the ship yard
it was a Great company to work for until the jobs in BC dried out for the Company.
Key Foreman (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 15, 2016
Working at Kiewit was a great learning experience. I enjoyed the variety of work on the Port Mann Bridge. I was part building the bridge, the demolition of the old bridge and the Marine work. I took care of the barges and worked with tug boat operations.
I learned to work with explosives, pile driving, iron working, welding, and all the Marine operations.
I got along with the Iron Workers and Tug Boat Operators.
Hardest part of the job was working at Camp when the Port Mann bridge was done because I had to be away from my family. But I enjoyed learning how to operate loaders. It was a great learning experience.
Pros
learning a variety of new aspects in construction
Cons
loss of job