Kiewit Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellant company to work for.
Construction/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2016
Kiewit is a well oiled machine, the people are committed and the process and procedures are second to none.
They look after their key people and even when things are slow they look after you.
The training programs for staff is exceptional and the advancement opportunities are only restricted to your own desire to advance.
The only down side for me with Kiewit is you must be prepared to travel to projects just about anywhere. Some people really enjoy this but not in my forte.
Pros
Well oiled Machine
Cons
Travel
Great
Lead Estimator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2016
Great work life balance with a great learning experience. Excellent work environment. Mutual respect with the co workers.
very fast paced fun environment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2016
As an equipment operator i was alway bust throughout the day. working with every trade on site as well as snow clearing in the winter .
Pros
safety awards
overall ok
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 29, 2016
I did not like middle management, overall company was good and tried very hard to develop employees. Relationships depended deeply on what location you worked out of.
Nice environment to work and employees are well compensated
Procurement Lead (Former Employee) –  VancouverSeptember 1, 2015
I like the attitude of the people and how management treat their employees fairly. The company are equipping employees in the right direction to improve the quality of their work, giving them trainings, seminars and taking special coarses. Overall its a fun workplace.
Pros
a lot of company benifits
Cons
Non
Good for a while
Environmental Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 11, 2015
There are some definite perks to working here, including competitive compensation, annual pay increases and paid time off, but there is very poor work/life balance.
A typical day at work is morning management update meetings. Development and leadership of team
Project SSHE Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's NewfoundlandOctober 22, 2015
This company is a co-venture partnership with multiple levels of management. Cultural differences between two companies from different world locations started as a challenge but through extensive team building at different management levels and throughout the organization solidified the team as One Team coming together to accomplish the goal for completion of a world class project.
Pros
Travel Allowance
Cons
Distance from home
good job
jm welder (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLFebruary 3, 2016
was i a good paying job good management not to bad to work for town was small friendy people good that you didnt have t pay for a place flights ect
Co-op Student Typical Day
Safety Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Bull Arm, NLDecember 15, 2015
I would go into work each morning and get together with the safety team to determine what was the main focus for the day. Then, unless something came up (such as an incident), the main duty would be to be field present. Look for hazards, review job task with workers, ensure everyone was working safely, and deal with any safety issues as they arose. Meetings, safety walks, and learning were part of my daily job requirements. I would love to get out in the field and participate in ensuring the site was safe. I didn't find any of the job hard as it was a complete learning experience and i was lucky to be a part of it.
Pros
The level of safety coworkers I had to assist me
Fast paced and rewarding work environment
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2015
The ability to work on nearly any kind of project imaginable is incredibly rewarding. You can head to a hydro dam retrofit or a nuclear power plant, a co-gen power plant, an LRT line, or the building of a new hospital, or countless other projects. The amount you can learn is endless.

The work environment is always faced paced but the quality of the people there make it very easy to forget stress and turn out incredible work.

The hardest part of the job is really only trying to determine where you are going next!
Pros
Learning experiences galore
Cons
some days can get long, and not knowing where you are going after your current project can be stressful
Safest company in the construction industry
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
Working in the material distribution department, gave great exposure to materials used in piping, structural and electrical. Assisting the tool crib gave me greater knowledge in the equipment required for use in this industry.
Pros
Organized fast pace environment.
Cons
Position is reliant on future projects that may not be rewarded.
Productive and Fun place to work.
Journeyman Red Seal Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Fun workplace with good camp facilities. Been with the company from 2009 to 2015. Met lot of good people who I worked with. The fun part was when we used to watch movies is the lounge area. Had a lot of travelling to do every fortnight.

Used to get the job done and make sure the work place is safe at all times.
Everyday do an inspection of the Crane before going to the job site, and making notes as required on the site.
Pros
Good Camp Food
Cons
10 hours per day with some overtime
Good work environment
Heavy equipement operator (Former Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 18, 2015
Safety is taken very seriously
Benefits included
Great crews
Organised leadership
Fun work place with supportive management.
my job as an operator
Zoom Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLMay 11, 2016
i love to go to work as an operator and learned new things ,i can work unsupervised, i can get long with anyone i go to work each day to make a living and to give my employer a good days work i work hard and injoy what i do ,my last employer was very pleased with my work.
Pros
i get to get a days work
Cons
getting laid off
Excellent Company
Estimating Engineer (Current Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 4, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Has opportunity for growth. Compensation is average. Management listens to your requests.
decent place to work
Fitter/welder/ironworker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMarch 24, 2016
not too bad workers are awesome they provide good ppe safety is over the top the tools are all provided for your job they provide coffee and utensils for eating if you forget to bring yours.
Pros
workers are great
Cons
too much blame on the workers
Good company to work for.
Full time Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Pointe Du Bois, MBNovember 21, 2015
Safety is foremost. They take pride in there safe work practices. Salary and benefits are also very good. Good company to work for.
Great Learning Experience
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLFebruary 9, 2016
I've worked here for 3 weeks during a work exposure and I've learned a lot in those three weeks. I've enjoyed working there and I always got satisfaction from actually getting to complete real work.
Pros
Staff here were always willing to help out if I found difficulty
good admospheric team and staff
Millwright Apprentice (Current Employee) –  SaskatchewanMay 7, 2016
Have good day noting to complain , nice team and co-worker. they give me chance to learn stuff that I never work on. Management young team but always there to discuss with us.
Pros
reward point
Cons
good shitf
enjoyable place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABMarch 15, 2016
Learned a lot of safety , Kiewit goes the extra mile to make sure safety is always the number one . CSA are constantly making sure all new employees are given proper training and assigned the proper mentors before heading out in the field
Pros
good work, good wages
Cons
too many staff