Kiewit Employee Reviews

safe work environment
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta Kearl Lake1 November 2016
Very professional and safe environment great co- workers always looking out for one another. Have courses available for safety mentoring and many others to help with safety culture and to help with new employees
Pros
complimentary lunches for safety or goals
Great employee owned and operated company
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe Du Bois, MB30 September 2016
My experience with management was exceptional. This company is full of talented hard working professionals. Expect long hours and many challenges as this company has no trouble giving opportunities to go-getters and can-do people.
Pros
Reward for hard work
Cons
Long hours not always for extra pay.
Pushes Hard, Compensates Well
Co-op Student - Field Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB17 September 2016
I worked with Kiewit for 8 months as a co-op student and it was great other than flying in and out. I loved the work and the location but it put strain on personal relationships. They pay well, and expect you to earn it. The safety and job culture are great and so is the possibility of career advancement.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Fly in/out
Amazing Satey Protocol
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB26 October 2016
One of the best Industrial Electrical Companies I have ever worked for! Great work atmosphere, great people to work with awesome guys. Great management and GF's to work for. Great safety protocol to ensure a safe work environment.
Pros
Free Chicken Lunches
Cons
10 h work days
good safety
Welder (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL23 January 2017
I like working for this company.the money Is usually good and its usually close to home.i would relocate if this company was looking for long term workers. like alberta or western canada
Pros
good people
Cons
disorganized
Kiewit
Lead Administrator and Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
I loved every minute of my job at Kiewit Energy. I would love to go back to work with this company as I was given many opportunities to advance myself and learn many new skills.
Great Place to Work
Shop, Field and Serviceman Maintenance Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB19 November 2016
Great place to work, wish there were future projects to transfer to. Wages were exceptional, great coworkers, like a big happy family! Would recommend to anyone in construction
Pros
excellent Pay
Cons
No more work
Good job, hard on the familly
Technicien CAD - Département (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
It's a great place to make money and getting in differents projects but depending on your life goals, it gets tougher and tougher with time to have a job work/ life balance.
Good company to work for
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB5 December 2016
good wages, on site training, safety culture is strong, one of the safest companies to work for, work site is really clean, lots of opportunity to move up in the company.
Pros
wages/flights
Cons
usually camp jobs away from home alot
Great company
SURVEYOR CALCULATOR/DRAFTER (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB14 January 2017
Despite its large size, Kiewit treats its employees as family, offering room for advancement and a 'safety first' oriented work place. Great company for a new grad to start a career.
Good project in a small town
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL29 December 2016
Gave my hometown a great source of jobs and large income. Only wish it could've lasted longer. Work conditions were normal.
Pros
Local work with great pay
Cons
Scattered management mix-ups
Productive and Safe
Pipefitting Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 December 2016
Kiewit Energy and everyone involved with their success are outstanding individuals who encourage a safe working environment and a quality product. Great Company.
Great safety programs
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 January 2017
Camp based work 14 on 7 off. Pour management scheduling, Great safety program and excellent safe working record for this site. Good pay and the best part was fly day.
Kos
Journeyman Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Cow Head, NL20 February 2017
The company was great to work for but the Union was not very supportive. I've learned much about safety and also enjoyed the structural offshore work experience.
Safety oriented company
Welder/Fitter Foreman (Current Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB15 September 2016
I learned a lot about safety working for Kiewit. The hardest part of my job at first was getting used to the safety culture that Kiewit actually believes in and works by. I learned a great deal about how planning a job comes together and how to become a good leader.
Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
Great place to work, fun, room to advance, people
Company, competitive wedges, great benefit package, great retirement package, good people, keeps you busy
Not Honest When Hiring
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB1 November 2016
Hired for a 3 month project that was really only 2x14 day shifts. They knew this as soon as I showed up on site. Quite another job to take this one. Not impressed.
Pros
Big jobs
Cons
Dishonest recruiting process
N/a
Building Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 February 2017
Good company with great working environment. Employees enjoy great camaraderie with each other. Days are long and often you are required to work weekends.
Very productive and organized place to work.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bull Arm, NL1 September 2016
I absolutely loved my time working with Kiewit. I learned a lot about who I am as a person and during my time there I met some of the best people from all over the world. Working with Kiewit was my first experience in the construction/oil & gas field
I would definately go back
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2016
I was really impressed by the safety first attitude of the top management. it wasnt just lip service it was actively promoted and enforced from CEO to Laborer
Pros
great work atmosphere