Kiewit Employee Reviews in Canada

Very Aggressive Company
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 3, 2016
Sometimes profits get in the way of safety but all in all a good company to work for. A majority of the time they promote the wrong people for the position and they end up paying for it in the end.
Great Company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2016
Depends on the project you are on but they have a great support system to help you learn and do your job efficiently. You will do weld inspection, turnover, vessel inspection, document review, QA walkdowns and Tri-party walks
Best company I have ever worked for
Carpenter Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONJanuary 27, 2016
This company treated me great! It was the only time I have bounced out of bed everyday excited to go to work. They rewarded hard work and dedication, and had a great safety policy that helped the work crews rather than hindering them. I would work for this company anytime!
Pros
Great safety and work achievement awards
not a team company!!
rigger/labourer (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONJuly 11, 2016
very racist!!!,, take advantage of workers.. they do not like Indians,,, and or anyone whom is not French,,,or can speak French!!!!
Pros
job threats
Cons
you can be replaced, always threated
Working at Kearl Lake is not that bad
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Bethune, SKJune 14, 2016
The only problem I didn't really like is the long one hour drive to work everyday back and forth to camp. It just seems very unnessacary.
Fast Paced high production large industrial construction projects
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 22, 2016
Excellent Company to work for. Safety Orientated, high production, on the job leadership training.
Strong emphases on site awareness and organization. High potential for danger industrial construction in live traffic or extreme terrain.
Pros
long term projects
Great Place to work.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, ABAugust 22, 2016
Great place to work, above average pay, great camp to stay at while working, not a lot of job security. Friendly co-workers all worked well with each other.
Good company to work for.
Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  ManitobaApril 17, 2016
Professional company with good honest bosses, they ensure safety is a top priority, follow all protocols, acts, and comply to all laws and regulations.
Pros
Professional workers
Cons
Working schedule
Good company
Subcontract Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2016
Kiewit is a good company, their EIT program is very good.

I have learned a lot from working with Kiewit, its a great place to work if you would like to gain experience in the construction industry.
Pros
RRSP Program
Cons
Salary
Working As pipe fitter
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Alberta CanadaJanuary 1, 2016
Excellent company benefits, and very good rate. They give us allot of safety training and certifications, safety first culture. Superintendent give the opportunity to be pipe fitter foreman because my skills and hard work.
Pros
Very nice experience, and excellent company, they give us tools, food, travel.
Cons
Work in freeze wather, and close to gases on live plant.
Great Learning Experience
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLFebruary 9, 2016
I've worked here for 3 weeks during a work exposure and I've learned a lot in those three weeks. I've enjoyed working there and I always got satisfaction from actually getting to complete real work.
Pros
Staff here were always willing to help out if I found difficulty
Co-op Student Typical Day
Safety Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Bull Arm, NLDecember 15, 2015
I would go into work each morning and get together with the safety team to determine what was the main focus for the day. Then, unless something came up (such as an incident), the main duty would be to be field present. Look for hazards, review job task with workers, ensure everyone was working safely, and deal with any safety issues as they arose. Meetings, safety walks, and learning were part of my daily job requirements. I would love to get out in the field and participate in ensuring the site was safe. I didn't find any of the job hard as it was a complete learning experience and i was lucky to be a part of it.
Pros
The level of safety coworkers I had to assist me
Fast paced and rewarding work environment
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2015
The ability to work on nearly any kind of project imaginable is incredibly rewarding. You can head to a hydro dam retrofit or a nuclear power plant, a co-gen power plant, an LRT line, or the building of a new hospital, or countless other projects. The amount you can learn is endless.

The work environment is always faced paced but the quality of the people there make it very easy to forget stress and turn out incredible work.

The hardest part of the job is really only trying to determine where you are going next!
Pros
Learning experiences galore
Cons
some days can get long, and not knowing where you are going after your current project can be stressful
Challenging but rewarding environment
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Annapolis JunctionApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed the challenge that the construction industry brings and working together with my colleagues to complete the project successfuly and on time.
Fun environment but you work hard
FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, ABMay 9, 2016
Long days
structured company, almost always someone to report to and they have someone they report to etc.
Fun people to work with for the most part
Not just a career but a lifestyle
scheduling (Current Employee) –  NLDecember 10, 2015
This company can be very demanding with the amount of travel, being away from home and the long hours that are expected. Majority of my co-workers throughout the 9 years I was with this company could not handle it and moved on to greener pastures. They weren't very good at managing their most important assets - people. A lot of decisions were last minute and they expected people to move at the drop of dime. They hire a lot of young people and exploit them making them work demanding positions with long hours and little compensation for the work involved. It tends to be a good way though for younger people to gain experience and Kiewit will usually allow younger people to work these demanding positions.
Pros
Good for experience
Cons
Kiewit Lifestyle
Electrical intern (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 30, 2016
Its a great work environment with a focus on safety and the well being of the employees. It is a great place to work no matter who you are.
Pros
Great overall work environment
Cons
quite far away for me
great enviroment
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
safety is a number one concern, productivity and morale followed right behind! worked with a good group of guys who put in a solid effort daily.
productive and safe work environment
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 2, 2016
Enjoyed working with this company and maybe I will again someday. My day consisted of many different things to do with scaffolding. My employer and employees was a great group of people
very organized, well run company
Mobile Crane Operator, Red Seal (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLMarch 21, 2016
had a great experience working for Kiewit. sorry to see the job come to an end. hope to work for them again soon. great supervisors and co workers as well