Kiewit Employee Reviews

great company
chief mate (Former Employee) –  bull arm nl22 June 2017
this was the first time I worked for Kiewit. I found this company to be very safety oriented and provided all employees with all the tools necessary to complete their duties in a safe and timely manner. I found all supervisors to be competent and were very good at treating the workers with respect and guided them whenever needed.

james connolly
Excellent company
Finish Painter (Former Employee) –  Bull Arm, NL16 June 2017
Great company to work for - excellent salary and benefits. Again, short term employment due to being a project - once project was completed; employees laid off.
It's been a great 5 years, good experience and great people
Warehouse Manager / Purchasing Lead (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 June 2017
Overall it's been a great experience working for Kiewit over the past 5 years. I have learned a lot about the construction industry and how to participate in day to day busy activities
Great company to work for.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 June 2017
Enjoyed working with Kiewit for the past several years. Started in Warehouse then took a job running the maintenance department.
Staff was excellent !
Great place to get a good overall exposure to corporate business
Business Clerk & Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2017
great company to work for including great benefits and employee appreciation days and swag. Management was good and well structured. Hours were normal and the people that work there are also fantastic.
mixed reviews
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 May 2017
working in the mod yard in Edmonton was great and the guys running it did a great job. Working out of town for them though was a lot different, the organization was terrible and the would layoff people and then tell the they screwed up and hire them back on in the same day
N/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2017
No work life balance. If you are driven and don't care about your home life then this company is for you. Otherwise, it's a good startup company to get your foot in the door for many other great opportunities out there.
Great company in construction industry
Senior Engineering Lead (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 May 2017
Great company in construction industry. Involved in major complex diversified projects around the world with primary focus in North America. Employees have opportunities to specialize in a variety of roles.
good people to work with
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 May 2017
the job was fly in fl out they paid for all the flights.camp was clean and well organized. the job only lasted three months but it was a great job while lasted.
Pros
well organized
Cons
only seasonal work
Excellent Company
Survey Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2017
Kiewit has been nothing but good to me over the last 10 years. I have been consistently employed and enjoyed every year. They do an excellent job at work/life balance. They also allow a lot of room for advancement.
Liked working here good crew
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2017
10 Scaffolders in all worked here. We would start with our tool box meeting and from there we would either split in half or stay as one depending on the jobs we had for the day. Everyone worked well together here and we were very productive.
Productive and good too work for.
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB,21 April 2017
Excellent company and great too work for, when they have the work they keep their employees busy and keep the regular people that have been with them for years employed!
Great experience
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2017
This was a great experience i enjoyed the lifestyle of the camp life. I also enjoyed the wages and work of the position. I would have enjoyed to have a long career had the oil sand industry not down sized for that moment of time.
Superintendent on the project
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL16 April 2017
looking after 8 chargehands and crews making sure you had work to keep everyone busy. Attending production meeting and safety meeting. This was one of the safety jobs I work on. The hardest part of this job was getting journypersons to come to the area to work with other jobs to go to at the time.
Pros
people you were working with
Cons
Gettting skill tradepersons
fun place to work
Welder and Fitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
the hours where great . nice to be able to work in town and make a really good pay check. safety oriented which is nice and the people where great to work with.
Very productive and safe environment.
Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Hudson's Hope, BC22 March 2017
Didnt mind working for kiewit, just have to know kiewit culture. Very safe environment, if you needed gear example ppe they had it for you. Good managment
keal lake project
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB21 March 2017
The typical day of work was fast passed challenging and very rewarding at the end of the day.You learned how work and communicate with your crew efficiently and productively to get the job done in the safest way possible.Management was very efficient with the day to day work planning making sure all schedules of the project were met and safety of all there employees.work culture was safety first no body gets hurt go home the same way you came.The hardest part of the job was long hours and being away from family.Most enjoyable part was seeing what was accomplished after all the hard work was completed by crew and staff.
Pros
all expenses paid
Cons
Leaving family
Good Camaraderie
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  BC13 March 2017
We have good relationship in the work place, the management make sure that we improve our skills by providing us more corporate trainings. Management extended their cares to our families too by giving us gifts like gift card on Christmas of Turkey vouchers on Thanksgiving day
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Kiewit
Laborer (K+S Legacy Potash, Regina Saskatchewan) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 March 2017
I learned how to work with a variety of different people in different trades and learn new skills each day i worked there.. i enjoyed the work experience as it was different every time i came back from turn around...14 days on and 7 days off..flights were provided and also camp accomidations were...
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
waiting to fly home(time)
Great Company
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
Kiewit is a great company to work for, the work itself is good, people are great, atmosphere is relaxing which allows you to focus on your work. Flexible company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes the work can be tideous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.