Kiewit Employee Reviews

N/a
Building Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 February 2017
Good company with great working environment. Employees enjoy great camaraderie with each other. Days are long and often you are required to work weekends.
Kiewit
Lead Administrator and Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
I loved every minute of my job at Kiewit Energy. I would love to go back to work with this company as I was given many opportunities to advance myself and learn many new skills.
Was very difficult to move to a higher position
Piping Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL29 January 2017
Management positions were filled with relatively young people that did not leave much space for other people to move up. Stuck in a entry level position doing mindless tasks all day. Benefits were were good at first with rrsp but got reduced at the later part of the project. Raises we very little even with the best performing people. Company spends on district meetings and training rather than increasing their salaries.
Pros
Free Lunches
Fun and rewarding company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB29 January 2017
Treated their employers right and made you feel like part of a team. Very good employee benefits packing and being paid accordingly. Long hours but enough time to get the job done right with the right material.
good safety
Welder (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL23 January 2017
I like working for this company.the money Is usually good and its usually close to home.i would relocate if this company was looking for long term workers. like alberta or western canada
Pros
good people
Cons
disorganized
Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
Great place to work, fun, room to advance, people
Company, competitive wedges, great benefit package, great retirement package, good people, keeps you busy
Good job, hard on the familly
Technicien CAD - Département (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
It's a great place to make money and getting in differents projects but depending on your life goals, it gets tougher and tougher with time to have a job work/ life balance.
Great facilities
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB22 January 2017
Amazing place to work an company to work for
Safety was A1 great opportunities everyone is on the same level of safety it's was actually fun to go to work I loved it to bad the project had to end my job was to perform every task safe per an post trip inspections of equipment review my hazards and precautions in every task I do an watch out for everyone around me
Pros
Number 1 safety
Cons
There was none
Great safety programs
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 January 2017
Camp based work 14 on 7 off. Pour management scheduling, Great safety program and excellent safe working record for this site. Good pay and the best part was fly day.
Great company
SURVEYOR CALCULATOR/DRAFTER (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB14 January 2017
Despite its large size, Kiewit treats its employees as family, offering room for advancement and a 'safety first' oriented work place. Great company for a new grad to start a career.
Good company, with good benefits
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 January 2017
Good company, always great people on the various jobs I've been a part of. Good wages and competitive benefits. Most recently worked at the k+s potash mine in Regina, SK. Had a great camp and the job was full of new challenges. Great experience.
Pros
Great people, good wages, oppurtunity for advancement.
Cons
Work away from home, long flights.
well maintained camp
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 January 2017
Kiewit was a great company to work with simply because upper management had a high degree of respect for the team under there command eg.(Time off when need,and open to suggestions )
Pros
GREAT WORKING ENVIROMENT
Cons
WOULD PREFER A 3WEEK ON 2 WEEK OFF ROTATION
overall a good company to work for
Foreman, Edmonton Mod Yard, K+S Mine (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB / Regina, Sask4 January 2017
A typical day of work consists of a balance of production/safety/laughter
The management that I've met are professional & good at what they do
I've made lasting friendships with some of my co-workers which also made that the most enjoyable part of the job
amazing place to work
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB3 January 2017
Great place to work, good foremans and good supers. great wage. Lots of great co-workers, would definitely love to work there again.
Good project in a small town
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL29 December 2016
Gave my hometown a great source of jobs and large income. Only wish it could've lasted longer. Work conditions were normal.
Pros
Local work with great pay
Cons
Scattered management mix-ups
Productive and Safe
Pipefitting Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 December 2016
Kiewit Energy and everyone involved with their success are outstanding individuals who encourage a safe working environment and a quality product. Great Company.
Productive with room for fast advancement
GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 December 2016
Over my years with Kiewit I have had the opportunity to work with some great people. I have learnt allot about the business and how to professionally conduct myself around the client and coworkers.
The Kiewit management group is constantly pushing you to strive to be the best at everything you do and hold you accountable. Some days you ask yourself WHY do I do this to myself and others you are loving it.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
can be over micromanaged
Good company to work for
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB5 December 2016
good wages, on site training, safety culture is strong, one of the safest companies to work for, work site is really clean, lots of opportunity to move up in the company.
Pros
wages/flights
Cons
usually camp jobs away from home alot
Home
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL29 November 2016
Very close to home which don't happen often. Home every day with the kids. Can't ask for much more. Wife loves it and the paid was very good.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Little parking
Great Place to Work
Shop, Field and Serviceman Maintenance Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB19 November 2016
Great place to work, wish there were future projects to transfer to. Wages were exceptional, great coworkers, like a big happy family! Would recommend to anyone in construction
Pros
excellent Pay
Cons
No more work