Kiewit Employee Reviews

keal lake project
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB21 March 2017
The typical day of work was fast passed challenging and very rewarding at the end of the day.You learned how work and communicate with your crew efficiently and productively to get the job done in the safest way possible.Management was very efficient with the day to day work planning making sure all schedules of the project were met and safety of all there employees.work culture was safety first no body gets hurt go home the same way you came.The hardest part of the job was long hours and being away from family.Most enjoyable part was seeing what was accomplished after all the hard work was completed by crew and staff.
Pros
all expenses paid
Cons
Leaving family
Was very difficult to move to a higher position
Piping Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL29 January 2017
Management positions were filled with relatively young people that did not leave much space for other people to move up. Stuck in a entry level position doing mindless tasks all day. Benefits were were good at first with rrsp but got reduced at the later part of the project. Raises we very little even with the best performing people. Company spends on district meetings and training rather than increasing their salaries.
Pros
Free Lunches
Great job with a view to excellence from its staff
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB6 March 2017
The job has many facets due to the position I held. I was involved in most aspects of the accounting end including AP, AR, General accounting and assisting the payroll department. I really liked the variety of roles I was able to fulfill. My fellow workers were great and treated you with respect.
Pros
Good potential if one would be able to relocate
Cons
Most opportunities are for engineers
Great facilities
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB22 January 2017
Amazing place to work an company to work for
Safety was A1 great opportunities everyone is on the same level of safety it's was actually fun to go to work I loved it to bad the project had to end my job was to perform every task safe per an post trip inspections of equipment review my hazards and precautions in every task I do an watch out for everyone around me
Pros
Number 1 safety
Cons
There was none
Kiewit
Laborer (K+S Legacy Potash, Regina Saskatchewan) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 March 2017
I learned how to work with a variety of different people in different trades and learn new skills each day i worked there.. i enjoyed the work experience as it was different every time i came back from turn around...14 days on and 7 days off..flights were provided and also camp accomidations were...
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
waiting to fly home(time)
Productive with room for fast advancement
GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 December 2016
Over my years with Kiewit I have had the opportunity to work with some great people. I have learnt allot about the business and how to professionally conduct myself around the client and coworkers.
The Kiewit management group is constantly pushing you to strive to be the best at everything you do and hold you accountable. Some days you ask yourself WHY do I do this to myself and others you are loving it.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
can be over micromanaged
Good company, with good benefits
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 January 2017
Good company, always great people on the various jobs I've been a part of. Good wages and competitive benefits. Most recently worked at the k+s potash mine in Regina, SK. Had a great camp and the job was full of new challenges. Great experience.
Pros
Great people, good wages, oppurtunity for advancement.
Cons
Work away from home, long flights.
Huge company with pros and cons of large companies
QC Manager - Kokish River Hydro Project (Former Employee) –  Port McNeill, BC21 February 2017
Kiewit is a large company.
It has enormous resources and opportunities for those that fit into that type of environment.
Many of the people I worked with had been with the company for decades and seemed satisfied.

They do numerous types of projects all over North America.
Good Camaraderie
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  BC13 March 2017
We have good relationship in the work place, the management make sure that we improve our skills by providing us more corporate trainings. Management extended their cares to our families too by giving us gifts like gift card on Christmas of Turkey vouchers on Thanksgiving day
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
a day at work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 October 2016
basically do our stretches, safety meeting in the morning and write our jha for the day then receive work from our foreman for the day then we would walk down the job and gather tools and information for the task then complete the task. we would record all material used for the day then give it to our foreman at the end of the day. sometimes i would learn stuff sometimes i would not. hardest part of my work days are probally working after breaks or when i got to walk around look for my foreman because im confused or dont know what to do.
World class contractor
General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Bull Arm, NL8 March 2017
Working with Kiewit gives you the opportunity to work on some very exciting and interesting projects. They challenge you to preform, but give you all the support and resources you need. Great place to work!
Pros
Professional growth
Cons
Work life Balance is a little more work than life
overall a good company to work for
Foreman, Edmonton Mod Yard, K+S Mine (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB / Regina, Sask4 January 2017
A typical day of work consists of a balance of production/safety/laughter
The management that I've met are professional & good at what they do
I've made lasting friendships with some of my co-workers which also made that the most enjoyable part of the job
awesome job environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Pointe Du Bois, MB16 November 2016
friendly people safe working environment excellent team work
management is quick to act on problems when they arise. also
good transport to and from job site . . I really enjoyed meeting and working with the people I've met in this company...
Pros
Paid travel time, friendly and work safe environment
Cons
n/a
well maintained camp
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 January 2017
Kiewit was a great company to work with simply because upper management had a high degree of respect for the team under there command eg.(Time off when need,and open to suggestions )
Pros
GREAT WORKING ENVIROMENT
Cons
WOULD PREFER A 3WEEK ON 2 WEEK OFF ROTATION
Work was completed in a safe and timely manner
Industrial Insulator Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 February 2017
Everything was very well organized, including transportation and accommodation. The management was respectful, and they placed a strong emphasis on safety and responsibility.
great group to work with
Scaffolding Superintendent (Former Employee) –  kearl lake21 February 2017
In my five years with Kiewit over 3 projects i only have good things to say about this organization. If you want to move up in the company all you need to do is apply your self and work hard and you will get noticed.
it was a good place to work i learned a lot of new techniques in how to install concrete.
concrete finisher / point and patch (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON22 September 2016
my job was to pour and place concrete and to patch any deficiencies at the dam.
i learned what it takes to build a power dam.
the hardest part of my job was to be away from my family for 28 days at a time
there was a good core of guys to work with they where ready to help you when you needed it.
Fun and rewarding company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB29 January 2017
Treated their employers right and made you feel like part of a team. Very good employee benefits packing and being paid accordingly. Long hours but enough time to get the job done right with the right material.
safe work environment
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta Kearl Lake1 November 2016
Very professional and safe environment great co- workers always looking out for one another. Have courses available for safety mentoring and many others to help with safety culture and to help with new employees
Pros
complimentary lunches for safety or goals
Great employee owned and operated company
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe Du Bois, MB30 September 2016
My experience with management was exceptional. This company is full of talented hard working professionals. Expect long hours and many challenges as this company has no trouble giving opportunities to go-getters and can-do people.
Pros
Reward for hard work
Cons
Long hours not always for extra pay.