Kiewit Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
saftyfirst
journeyman ironworker (Former Employee), CanadaMay 20, 2016
worked for Kiewit in the past and enjoyed learning new things about any trade hope to work for them in the future. co-workers were great to work with and I was taught new skills about the trade
my job as an operator
Zoom Boom Operator (Former Employee), Marystown, NLMay 11, 2016
Pros: i get to get a days work
Cons: getting laid off
i love to go to work as an operator and learned new things ,i can work unsupervised, i can get long with anyone i go to work each day to make a living and to give my employer a good days work i work hard and injoy what i do ,my last employer was very pleased with my work.
Bureaucratic and mis-managed
Ballast Control Operator (Current Employee), Bull Arm, NLMay 11, 2016
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
The Ballast team work 14 hour days and are situated 50m below sea level where we coordinate and control the stability of the 640,000 tonne floating structure. Frequently butting heads with construction teams where there are compromises to marine and structural integrity issues, a diplomatic and firm stance is required.
A substandard ballast system in use means we have to innovate frequently whilst holding back our frustration at the lack of progress to repair and replace items that are supplied by the vendors.
Fun environment but you work hard
FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee), Kearl Lake, ABMay 9, 2016
Long days
structured company, almost always someone to report to and they have someone they report to etc.
Fun people to work with for the most part
good place to work
Millwright Apprentice (Current Employee), SaskatchewanMay 7, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: good hours
routine job that we do from A to Z , nice environment of work good team and co-worker, management very professional . enjoyable time was every week for meeting and discuss.
good admospheric team and staff
Millwright Apprentice (Current Employee), SaskatchewanMay 7, 2016
Pros: reward point
Cons: good shitf
Have good day noting to complain , nice team and co-worker. they give me chance to learn stuff that I never work on. Management young team but always there to discuss with us.
Productive and safe workplace for construction
CAD Engineer/Field Engineer/Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2016
Safety management is best where I have ever known. Salary and benefits are very good and with good life balance. Quality control is so so.
Very Aggressive Company
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 3, 2016
Sometimes profits get in the way of safety but all in all a good company to work for. A majority of the time they promote the wrong people for the position and they end up paying for it in the end.
Challenging but rewarding environment
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Annapolis JunctionApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed the challenge that the construction industry brings and working together with my colleagues to complete the project successfuly and on time.
enjoyed my time their
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABApril 18, 2016
Kiewit mod yard was a very rewarding job very high saftey standards and reliable planning and management i enjoyed my time working for them.
Good company to work for.
Power Engineer (Former Employee), ManitobaApril 17, 2016
Pros: Professional workers
Cons: Working schedule
Professional company with good honest bosses, they ensure safety is a top priority, follow all protocols, acts, and comply to all laws and regulations.
Safest company in the construction industry
Material Handler (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
Pros: Organized fast pace environment.
Cons: Position is reliant on future projects that may not be rewarded.
Working in the material distribution department, gave great exposure to materials used in piping, structural and electrical. Assisting the tool crib gave me greater knowledge in the equipment required for use in this industry.
Excellant company to work for.
Construction/ Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2016
Pros: Well oiled Machine
Cons: Travel
Kiewit is a well oiled machine, the people are committed and the process and procedures are second to none.
They look after their key people and even when things are slow they look after you.
The training programs for staff is exceptional and the advancement opportunities are only restricted to your own desire to advance.
The only down side for me with Kiewit is you must be prepared to travel to projects just about anywhere. Some people really enjoy this but not in my forte.
Great working conditions.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Cochrane, OntarioApril 2, 2016
Pros: Long hours and can work 7 days plus
Cons: To many foremans on same job leads to confusion at times .
Kewit is the safety workplace who prides themselves doing the job safe .This company was the best I've ever had the chance to work for keep up the good work. Safety is top priority in this company it shows they care about you and your family more companies should take an example of this great company .
Great Company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2016
Depends on the project you are on but they have a great support system to help you learn and do your job efficiently. You will do weld inspection, turnover, vessel inspection, document review, QA walkdowns and Tri-party walks
Good company
Subcontract Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2016
Pros: RRSP Program
Cons: Salary
Kiewit is a good company, their EIT program is very good.

I have learned a lot from working with Kiewit, its a great place to work if you would like to gain experience in the construction industry.
Electrical intern (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Great overall work environment
Cons: quite far away for me
Its a great work environment with a focus on safety and the well being of the employees. It is a great place to work no matter who you are.
decent place to work
Fitter/welder/ironworker (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 24, 2016
Pros: workers are great
Cons: too much blame on the workers
not too bad workers are awesome they provide good ppe safety is over the top the tools are all provided for your job they provide coffee and utensils for eating if you forget to bring yours.
Great work and great pay
Labourer/ First Aid Attendant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 21, 2016
Enjoyed working here while the job lasted.
Great wages, great hours and great co-workers and bosses.
This company takes very good care of its employees.
very organized, well run company
Mobile Crane Operator, Red Seal (Former Employee), Marystown, NLMarch 21, 2016
had a great experience working for Kiewit. sorry to see the job come to an end. hope to work for them again soon. great supervisors and co workers as well
Headquarters