Kiewit Employee Reviews

Productive and good too work for.
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB,21 April 2017
Excellent company and great too work for, when they have the work they keep their employees busy and keep the regular people that have been with them for years employed!
Great experience
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2017
This was a great experience i enjoyed the lifestyle of the camp life. I also enjoyed the wages and work of the position. I would have enjoyed to have a long career had the oil sand industry not down sized for that moment of time.
Superintendent on the project
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL16 April 2017
looking after 8 chargehands and crews making sure you had work to keep everyone busy. Attending production meeting and safety meeting. This was one of the safety jobs I work on. The hardest part of this job was getting journypersons to come to the area to work with other jobs to go to at the time.
Pros
people you were working with
Cons
Gettting skill tradepersons
fun place to work
Welder and Fitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
the hours where great . nice to be able to work in town and make a really good pay check. safety oriented which is nice and the people where great to work with.
Very productive and safe environment.
Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Hudson's Hope, BC22 March 2017
Didnt mind working for kiewit, just have to know kiewit culture. Very safe environment, if you needed gear example ppe they had it for you. Good managment
keal lake project
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB21 March 2017
The typical day of work was fast passed challenging and very rewarding at the end of the day.You learned how work and communicate with your crew efficiently and productively to get the job done in the safest way possible.Management was very efficient with the day to day work planning making sure all schedules of the project were met and safety of all there employees.work culture was safety first no body gets hurt go home the same way you came.The hardest part of the job was long hours and being away from family.Most enjoyable part was seeing what was accomplished after all the hard work was completed by crew and staff.
Pros
all expenses paid
Cons
Leaving family
Good Camaraderie
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  BC13 March 2017
We have good relationship in the work place, the management make sure that we improve our skills by providing us more corporate trainings. Management extended their cares to our families too by giving us gifts like gift card on Christmas of Turkey vouchers on Thanksgiving day
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Kiewit
Laborer (K+S Legacy Potash, Regina Saskatchewan) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 March 2017
I learned how to work with a variety of different people in different trades and learn new skills each day i worked there.. i enjoyed the work experience as it was different every time i came back from turn around...14 days on and 7 days off..flights were provided and also camp accomidations were...
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
waiting to fly home(time)
Great Company
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
Kiewit is a great company to work for, the work itself is good, people are great, atmosphere is relaxing which allows you to focus on your work. Flexible company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes the work can be tideous
World class contractor
General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Bull Arm, NL8 March 2017
Working with Kiewit gives you the opportunity to work on some very exciting and interesting projects. They challenge you to preform, but give you all the support and resources you need. Great place to work!
Pros
Professional growth
Cons
Work life Balance is a little more work than life
Great job with a view to excellence from its staff
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB6 March 2017
The job has many facets due to the position I held. I was involved in most aspects of the accounting end including AP, AR, General accounting and assisting the payroll department. I really liked the variety of roles I was able to fulfill. My fellow workers were great and treated you with respect.
Pros
Good potential if one would be able to relocate
Cons
Most opportunities are for engineers
Work was completed in a safe and timely manner
Industrial Insulator Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 February 2017
Everything was very well organized, including transportation and accommodation. The management was respectful, and they placed a strong emphasis on safety and responsibility.
Huge company with pros and cons of large companies
QC Manager - Kokish River Hydro Project (Former Employee) –  Port McNeill, BC21 February 2017
Kiewit is a large company.
It has enormous resources and opportunities for those that fit into that type of environment.
Many of the people I worked with had been with the company for decades and seemed satisfied.

They do numerous types of projects all over North America.
great group to work with
Scaffolding Superintendent (Former Employee) –  kearl lake21 February 2017
In my five years with Kiewit over 3 projects i only have good things to say about this organization. If you want to move up in the company all you need to do is apply your self and work hard and you will get noticed.
Kos
Journeyman Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Cow Head, NL20 February 2017
The company was great to work for but the Union was not very supportive. I've learned much about safety and also enjoyed the structural offshore work experience.
good company
Structural Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2017
This is a company yhat has passion and dedication for the jobs they choose. They strive to be the best at what they do which will keep you improving your skills year after year.
Pros
Superintendent
N/a
Building Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 February 2017
Good company with great working environment. Employees enjoy great camaraderie with each other. Days are long and often you are required to work weekends.
Kiewit
Lead Administrator and Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
I loved every minute of my job at Kiewit Energy. I would love to go back to work with this company as I was given many opportunities to advance myself and learn many new skills.
Was very difficult to move to a higher position
Piping Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL29 January 2017
Management positions were filled with relatively young people that did not leave much space for other people to move up. Stuck in a entry level position doing mindless tasks all day. Benefits were were good at first with rrsp but got reduced at the later part of the project. Raises we very little even with the best performing people. Company spends on district meetings and training rather than increasing their salaries.
Pros
Free Lunches
Fun and rewarding company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB29 January 2017
Treated their employers right and made you feel like part of a team. Very good employee benefits packing and being paid accordingly. Long hours but enough time to get the job done right with the right material.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.