Kiewit Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and safe workplace for construction
CAD Engineer/Field Engineer/Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2016
Safety management is best where I have ever known. Salary and benefits are very good and with good life balance. Quality control is so so.
Challenging but rewarding environment
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Annapolis JunctionApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed the challenge that the construction industry brings and working together with my colleagues to complete the project successfuly and on time.
Excellant company to work for.
Construction/ Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2016
Pros: Well oiled Machine
Cons: Travel
Kiewit is a well oiled machine, the people are committed and the process and procedures are second to none.
They look after their key people and even when things are slow they look after you.
The training programs for staff is exceptional and the advancement opportunities are only restricted to your own desire to advance.
The only down side for me with Kiewit is you must be prepared to travel to projects just about anywhere. Some people really enjoy this but not in my forte.
Great working conditions.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Cochrane, OntarioApril 2, 2016
Pros: Long hours and can work 7 days plus
Cons: To many foremans on same job leads to confusion at times .
Kewit is the safety workplace who prides themselves doing the job safe .This company was the best I've ever had the chance to work for keep up the good work. Safety is top priority in this company it shows they care about you and your family more companies should take an example of this great company .
Great Company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2016
Depends on the project you are on but they have a great support system to help you learn and do your job efficiently. You will do weld inspection, turnover, vessel inspection, document review, QA walkdowns and Tri-party walks
Good company
Subcontract Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2016
Pros: RRSP Program
Cons: Salary
Kiewit is a good company, their EIT program is very good.

I have learned a lot from working with Kiewit, its a great place to work if you would like to gain experience in the construction industry.
Electrical intern (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Great overall work environment
Cons: quite far away for me
Its a great work environment with a focus on safety and the well being of the employees. It is a great place to work no matter who you are.
very organized, well run company
Mobile Crane Operator, Red Seal (Former Employee), Marystown, NLMarch 21, 2016
had a great experience working for Kiewit. sorry to see the job come to an end. hope to work for them again soon. great supervisors and co workers as well
Awesome experience.
Fireproofer/Painter (Former Employee), Marystown, NLMarch 11, 2016
Received a lot of training, lots of challenging situations, good work place, great co workers. Over all a great place to work.
overall ok
Materials Manager (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 29, 2016
I did not like middle management, overall company was good and tried very hard to develop employees. Relationships depended deeply on what location you worked out of.
Great
Lead Estimator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2016
Great work life balance with a great learning experience. Excellent work environment. Mutual respect with the co workers.
Good ppl
Welder (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABFebruary 14, 2016
Good group of guys to work with. all pros. There work hard and get the job done. Learnt that i didn't want to be apart of the politics there tho.
Great Learning Experience
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Marystown, NLFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Staff here were always willing to help out if I found difficulty
I've worked here for 3 weeks during a work exposure and I've learned a lot in those three weeks. I've enjoyed working there and I always got satisfaction from actually getting to complete real work.
Inspections
Environmental Coordinator (Current Employee), Smithville, ONFebruary 7, 2016
We have a very strategic inspection duties , Working here you learn allot about Team work and allot of challenges .

Alex
Great place to work.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 5, 2016
I Enjoyed driving truck, setting up work plants, and overall duties. I recieved experience driving trucks from U.S. and across Canada.
Awesome coworkers, learned a LOT
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: HR staff is not inviting/friendly
A typical day is busy, but you learn a lot. It was never-ending learning and change, but if you are the type of person who likes that, it was fun!
The friendly and amazing coworkers I was lucky enough to work with definitely kept me at Kiewit for 5 years.
Productive and Fun place to work.
Journeyman Red Seal Crane Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Good Camp Food
Cons: 10 hours per day with some overtime
Fun workplace with good camp facilities. Been with the company from 2009 to 2015. Met lot of good people who I worked with. The fun part was when we used to watch movies is the lounge area. Had a lot of travelling to do every fortnight.

Used to get the job done and make sure the work place is safe at all times.
Everyday do an inspection of the Crane before going to the job site, and making notes as required on the site.
Best company I have ever worked for
Carpenter Lead Hand (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Great safety and work achievement awards
This company treated me great! It was the only time I have bounced out of bed everyday excited to go to work. They rewarded hard work and dedication, and had a great safety policy that helped the work crews rather than hindering them. I would work for this company anytime!
Great people and and great company
Construction Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 3, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: needs improvements
It was good while it lasted great people I learned a lot and will always take what I learn with me. Also the hours weren't bad I was happy with my hours
Great Culture
Engineer-Estimator/ Discipline Superintendent (Former Employee), Boisbriand, QCNovember 6, 2015
Day of Work: In the field average 12 Hrs per day
At the office: 8 Hrs per day
Great Team to work with
Kiewit invest a lot in the skillls of his employee.
Headquarters