Kiewit Employee Review

Productive, fast paced and safe
Equipment Operator/Forman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2013
Every morning the site services team assembled to discuss the work scope for the day followed by a team stretch and flex to avoid physical injury. Everyone would then write out a Job Hazard review for there specific tasks for the day. JHA's would then be signed off by the Forman or superintendent.
As the equipment operator/Truck driver for the site, I would do pre trip inspections on all my equipment i would be operating for the day. (zoom boom, skid steer and Tractor trailer)
I would go to various areas of the mod yard taking calls on the radio for lifting pipe spools, scaffold racks or anything that needed moving with the zoom boom or skid steer. I also was responsible for bringing trailers over from our Lay down yard with pipe spools and various materials for continuing on construction of the mods.
Working at Kiewit Mod yard was very fast paced and saftey orientated. I enjoyed the challenge of keeping up with the pace and doing it without incident.
Pros
Safety orientated, Organized
Cons
Poor Communication

Other Kiewit Employee Reviews

great place to work overall
Millwright Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL11 February 2018
Great place to work overall. Great benefits and atmosphere was great. The site was close to my home like within driving distance so that was a plus for me. great overall!
Hardest Part is also the fun part of the job...a personal choice.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC9 February 2018
Hardest part is balancing life and work. But if you are ok travelling, there is no problem! Project work is actually the best part. So, it is up to you to determine how you want to balance it all.

If family is mobile, it can greatly help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.