Kiewit Employee Review

Productive, fast paced and safe
Equipment Operator/Forman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2013
Every morning the site services team assembled to discuss the work scope for the day followed by a team stretch and flex to avoid physical injury. Everyone would then write out a Job Hazard review for there specific tasks for the day. JHA's would then be signed off by the Forman or superintendent.
As the equipment operator/Truck driver for the site, I would do pre trip inspections on all my equipment i would be operating for the day. (zoom boom, skid steer and Tractor trailer)
I would go to various areas of the mod yard taking calls on the radio for lifting pipe spools, scaffold racks or anything that needed moving with the zoom boom or skid steer. I also was responsible for bringing trailers over from our Lay down yard with pipe spools and various materials for continuing on construction of the mods.
Working at Kiewit Mod yard was very fast paced and saftey orientated. I enjoyed the challenge of keeping up with the pace and doing it without incident.
Pros
Safety orientated, Organized
Cons
Poor Communication

Other Kiewit Employee Reviews

Difficult workplace environment.
Project Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2017
The expectation is to go above and beyond but there is little appreciation when you do. Poor systems to manage your work. Management would rather lie to you than tell you the truth about the companies future work potential. They are very reluctant to give you the bad news.
Pros
Good work experience to be gained
Cons
Where do I start.
great company to work with,
Journeyman Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 November 2017
respect for there workers ,goes above and beyond to keep saftey first,worked with keiwit on many projects would return again when work becomes avaible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.