Kiewit Employee Reviews

Was very difficult to move to a higher position
Piping Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL29 January 2017
Management positions were filled with relatively young people that did not leave much space for other people to move up. Stuck in a entry level position doing mindless tasks all day. Benefits were were good at first with rrsp but got reduced at the later part of the project. Raises we very little even with the best performing people. Company spends on district meetings and training rather than increasing their salaries.
Pros
Free Lunches
Great facilities
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB22 January 2017
Amazing place to work an company to work for
Safety was A1 great opportunities everyone is on the same level of safety it's was actually fun to go to work I loved it to bad the project had to end my job was to perform every task safe per an post trip inspections of equipment review my hazards and precautions in every task I do an watch out for everyone around me
Pros
Number 1 safety
Cons
There was none
Productive with room for fast advancement
GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 December 2016
Over my years with Kiewit I have had the opportunity to work with some great people. I have learnt allot about the business and how to professionally conduct myself around the client and coworkers.
The Kiewit management group is constantly pushing you to strive to be the best at everything you do and hold you accountable. Some days you ask yourself WHY do I do this to myself and others you are loving it.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
can be over micromanaged
Good company, with good benefits
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 January 2017
Good company, always great people on the various jobs I've been a part of. Good wages and competitive benefits. Most recently worked at the k+s potash mine in Regina, SK. Had a great camp and the job was full of new challenges. Great experience.
Pros
Great people, good wages, oppurtunity for advancement.
Cons
Work away from home, long flights.
a day at work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 October 2016
basically do our stretches, safety meeting in the morning and write our jha for the day then receive work from our foreman for the day then we would walk down the job and gather tools and information for the task then complete the task. we would record all material used for the day then give it to our foreman at the end of the day. sometimes i would learn stuff sometimes i would not. hardest part of my work days are probally working after breaks or when i got to walk around look for my foreman because im confused or dont know what to do.
Huge company with pros and cons of large companies
QC Manager - Kokish River Hydro Project (Former Employee) –  Port McNeill, BC21 February 2017
Kiewit is a large company.
It has enormous resources and opportunities for those that fit into that type of environment.
Many of the people I worked with had been with the company for decades and seemed satisfied.

They do numerous types of projects all over North America.
overall a good company to work for
Foreman, Edmonton Mod Yard, K+S Mine (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB / Regina, Sask4 January 2017
A typical day of work consists of a balance of production/safety/laughter
The management that I've met are professional & good at what they do
I've made lasting friendships with some of my co-workers which also made that the most enjoyable part of the job
awesome job environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Pointe Du Bois, MB16 November 2016
friendly people safe working environment excellent team work
management is quick to act on problems when they arise. also
good transport to and from job site . . I really enjoyed meeting and working with the people I've met in this company...
Pros
Paid travel time, friendly and work safe environment
Cons
n/a
it was a good place to work i learned a lot of new techniques in how to install concrete.
concrete finisher / point and patch (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON22 September 2016
my job was to pour and place concrete and to patch any deficiencies at the dam.
i learned what it takes to build a power dam.
the hardest part of my job was to be away from my family for 28 days at a time
there was a good core of guys to work with they where ready to help you when you needed it.
well maintained camp
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 January 2017
Kiewit was a great company to work with simply because upper management had a high degree of respect for the team under there command eg.(Time off when need,and open to suggestions )
Pros
GREAT WORKING ENVIROMENT
Cons
WOULD PREFER A 3WEEK ON 2 WEEK OFF ROTATION
Great employee owned and operated company
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe Du Bois, MB30 September 2016
My experience with management was exceptional. This company is full of talented hard working professionals. Expect long hours and many challenges as this company has no trouble giving opportunities to go-getters and can-do people.
Pros
Reward for hard work
Cons
Long hours not always for extra pay.
Pushes Hard, Compensates Well
Co-op Student - Field Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB17 September 2016
I worked with Kiewit for 8 months as a co-op student and it was great other than flying in and out. I loved the work and the location but it put strain on personal relationships. They pay well, and expect you to earn it. The safety and job culture are great and so is the possibility of career advancement.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Fly in/out
safe work environment
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta Kearl Lake1 November 2016
Very professional and safe environment great co- workers always looking out for one another. Have courses available for safety mentoring and many others to help with safety culture and to help with new employees
Pros
complimentary lunches for safety or goals
Work was completed in a safe and timely manner
Industrial Insulator Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 February 2017
Everything was very well organized, including transportation and accommodation. The management was respectful, and they placed a strong emphasis on safety and responsibility.
great group to work with
Scaffolding Superintendent (Former Employee) –  kearl lake21 February 2017
In my five years with Kiewit over 3 projects i only have good things to say about this organization. If you want to move up in the company all you need to do is apply your self and work hard and you will get noticed.
Fun and rewarding company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB29 January 2017
Treated their employers right and made you feel like part of a team. Very good employee benefits packing and being paid accordingly. Long hours but enough time to get the job done right with the right material.
Amazing Satey Protocol
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB26 October 2016
One of the best Industrial Electrical Companies I have ever worked for! Great work atmosphere, great people to work with awesome guys. Great management and GF's to work for. Great safety protocol to ensure a safe work environment.
Pros
Free Chicken Lunches
Cons
10 h work days
Great Place to Work
Shop, Field and Serviceman Maintenance Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB19 November 2016
Great place to work, wish there were future projects to transfer to. Wages were exceptional, great coworkers, like a big happy family! Would recommend to anyone in construction
Pros
excellent Pay
Cons
No more work
good company
Structural Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2017
This is a company yhat has passion and dedication for the jobs they choose. They strive to be the best at what they do which will keep you improving your skills year after year.
Pros
Superintendent
Cons
Good company to work for
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB5 December 2016
good wages, on site training, safety culture is strong, one of the safest companies to work for, work site is really clean, lots of opportunity to move up in the company.
Pros
wages/flights
Cons
usually camp jobs away from home alot