Kiewit Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB5 December 2016
good wages, on site training, safety culture is strong, one of the safest companies to work for, work site is really clean, lots of opportunity to move up in the company.
Pros
wages/flights
Cons
usually camp jobs away from home alot
Home
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL29 November 2016
Very close to home which don't happen often. Home every day with the kids. Can't ask for much more. Wife loves it and the paid was very good.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Little parking
Great Place to Work
Shop, Field and Serviceman Maintenance Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB19 November 2016
Great place to work, wish there were future projects to transfer to. Wages were exceptional, great coworkers, like a big happy family! Would recommend to anyone in construction
Pros
excellent Pay
Cons
No more work
awesome job environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Pointe Du Bois, MB16 November 2016
friendly people safe working environment excellent team work
management is quick to act on problems when they arise. also
good transport to and from job site . . I really enjoyed meeting and working with the people I've met in this company...
Pros
Paid travel time, friendly and work safe environment
Cons
n/a
I would definately go back
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2016
I was really impressed by the safety first attitude of the top management. it wasnt just lip service it was actively promoted and enforced from CEO to Laborer
Pros
great work atmosphere
safe work environment
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta Kearl Lake1 November 2016
Very professional and safe environment great co- workers always looking out for one another. Have courses available for safety mentoring and many others to help with safety culture and to help with new employees
Pros
complimentary lunches for safety or goals
Not Honest When Hiring
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB1 November 2016
Hired for a 3 month project that was really only 2x14 day shifts. They knew this as soon as I showed up on site. Quite another job to take this one. Not impressed.
Pros
Big jobs
Cons
Dishonest recruiting process
Good working team of players
Foreman/Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2016
Work was merited with advancement in foreman position. Bonus features for advanced productivity. Good working functional machines. All in all , it was a good company to work for.
a day at work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 October 2016
basically do our stretches, safety meeting in the morning and write our jha for the day then receive work from our foreman for the day then we would walk down the job and gather tools and information for the task then complete the task. we would record all material used for the day then give it to our foreman at the end of the day. sometimes i would learn stuff sometimes i would not. hardest part of my work days are probally working after breaks or when i got to walk around look for my foreman because im confused or dont know what to do.
Amazing Satey Protocol
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB26 October 2016
One of the best Industrial Electrical Companies I have ever worked for! Great work atmosphere, great people to work with awesome guys. Great management and GF's to work for. Great safety protocol to ensure a safe work environment.
Pros
Free Chicken Lunches
Cons
10 h work days
Graet job
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2016
Awesome times working here. Top shelf employer with great pay and benefits. Treated workers with respect and always kept us busy.
Great employee owned and operated company
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe Du Bois, MB30 September 2016
My experience with management was exceptional. This company is full of talented hard working professionals. Expect long hours and many challenges as this company has no trouble giving opportunities to go-getters and can-do people.
Pros
Reward for hard work
Cons
Long hours not always for extra pay.
Good relationship building and strong project management office
Project SSHE Manager (Former Employee) –  Bull Arm, Newfoundland27 September 2016
Commence with review of shift reports and then prepare for Production / Safety Management meeting. Provide direction and leadership to safety, health, environment, security and emergency response teams.
Conduct safety analysis and trending of incidents, coordinate HAZID and Risk Assessment for job activity, review project procedures ad management of change.
Meet with Level 1 managers and provide updates on safety to project director. Facilitate monthly client / contractor SSHE Steering Committee meetings and provide project updates and trending.
At beginning of project, Multi cultural workforce and management created a challenge in understanding work processes and personalities. Leadership forums helped the understanding completed a strong 'one team' approach. This at the beginning was difficult, however became the most enjoyable in learning about eacvh culture on the project.
Pros
Team Buildings. Being a component of a dynamic team
Cons
it was a good place to work i learned a lot of new techniques in how to install concrete.
concrete finisher / point and patch (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON22 September 2016
my job was to pour and place concrete and to patch any deficiencies at the dam.
i learned what it takes to build a power dam.
the hardest part of my job was to be away from my family for 28 days at a time
there was a good core of guys to work with they where ready to help you when you needed it.
Pushes Hard, Compensates Well
Co-op Student - Field Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB17 September 2016
I worked with Kiewit for 8 months as a co-op student and it was great other than flying in and out. I loved the work and the location but it put strain on personal relationships. They pay well, and expect you to earn it. The safety and job culture are great and so is the possibility of career advancement.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Fly in/out
Safety oriented company
Welder/Fitter Foreman (Current Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB15 September 2016
I learned a lot about safety working for Kiewit. The hardest part of my job at first was getting used to the safety culture that Kiewit actually believes in and works by. I learned a great deal about how planning a job comes together and how to become a good leader.
average company
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB6 September 2016
average company at many levels
high supervision lacking vision and knowledge
cut throat environment in supervision level
facilities are ok
professional company
Industrial Insulator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 September 2016
good management and mentor program. working conditions very good and the CVIS program between craftand management is a useful tool
Pros
good wages
Fun place to work
Construction Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2016
I really enjoyed working for Kiewit a very safety oriented company
awesome group of people to work with and for. Good experience and very knowledgeable group
Pros
Safety oriented Good Money
Cons
Very productive and organized place to work.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bull Arm, NL1 September 2016
I absolutely loved my time working with Kiewit. I learned a lot about who I am as a person and during my time there I met some of the best people from all over the world. Working with Kiewit was my first experience in the construction/oil & gas field