Kidz Kare is a one-stop resource to support parents on their journey in raising healthy, happy and knowledgeable individuals. Our services include daycare services through our Licensed Kare division, personalized daycare through our Nannie Kare division, babysitting through our Kasual Kare division and educational support and enhancement through our Edu-Kare division.
Excellent opportunity for candidates seeking a career in the food industry to MAKE A DIFFERENCE where it counts most – FEEDING OUR YOUTH. Perfect for the chef who is tired of working in the restaurant industry, and wants to gain back his/her evenings.
- Loves to challenge their culinary skills but also wants to apply their creativity skills as well.
- Weekly shopping lists and eventually ordering through preferred vendors
- Monthly menu planning; minimum three months in advance, taking into account seasonal items and seasonal holidays, working with teachers to incorporate curriculum themes into the food when and where applicable
- Ability to keep both kitchen’s clean at all times including while they are cooking.
- Not only clean the appliances and kitchen gadgets used by help to ensure they are maintained and taken good care of.
- Must be able to wash all dishes and utensils.
- Serve both children and staff to ensure the entire family of Kidz Kare is eating properly.
- Other duties as required
- Must want to challenge their culinary skills each day to apply their creativity to the table to ensure both children and staff are eating healthy, nutritious, and wholesome meals according to Canada’s Food Guide.
- Ability to portion control while being able to feed a crowd on a budget conscious menu.
- To really stretch a dollar and keep food waste at a bare minimum.
- Still find ways to incorporate fun in the food they serve.
- Has the ability to make pasta from scratch, sauce from scratch and children friendly foods such as chicken nuggets from scratch rather than processed
- Open-minded, teachable, dedicated to excellence, driven, creative and organized
- Able to multi-task and work on various projects and meet strict deadlines.
Above & Beyond: (Individuals who do not have the below items should expect to strive for them as deemed necessary by the organization, as some are more of a priority than others).
- Culinary training and/or diploma/certification, etc.
- Food Handler Certification
- First aid and CPR, etc.
- Immunizations up to date including TB testing.
- Comfortable behind a computer; Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the Days Nursery Act
- Experience in a Licensed Daycare and/or school environment.
- Valid and clear Criminal Reference Check (within six months)
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role;
however only the selected candidates will be contacted.
This position will close August 20, 2014