KidsAbility empowers children and youth with special needs to realize their full potential.
1.0 FTE Permanent Financial Analyst
February 3, 2014
KidsAbility is currently seeking a team oriented, customer focused individual to fill the position of Financial Analyst. As a key member of the Finance department and working closely with the Manager of Finance, the Financial Analyst will be involved with internal and external reporting and ensuring compliance with funding legislation; assisting with the forecasting of operating results; analysing monthly financial results, developing and maintaining management reporting templates; cash management and internal control, along with overseeing the day to day operations of the Finance Department (AP, AR). Some responsibilities will include reviewing monthly reports of expenditures and assisting managers with budgeting, program monitoring and forecasting, completion of month end and quarter end reconciliations, preparation of month end schedules and year end audit preparation; assisting with the maintenance of the annual corporate budget; coordinating, compiling, submitting and reviewing monthly/quarterly financial and statistical reports in MIS format; as well as involvement in special projects.
- Post-secondary education in Commerce and/or Business Administration specializing in Accounting
- In pursuit of an accounting designation (CGA, CPA)
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Proven skills in financial statement preparation and analysis
- Advanced computer skills and superior knowledge of computer. Extensive experience with Excel is required
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and handle a high volume of work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sense of initiative and accountability, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with implementation, maintenance and report writing with a complex information management system
- Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with MIS standards for financial and statistical healthcare reporting is an asset
Occasional over-time is required during peak periods.
Interest applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, only if you have the stated requirements, by end of day January 24th, 2014 to:
Human Resources Generalist