Kids and Company

Kids and Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work and Great staff
Supply Daycare Teacher (Current Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 27, 2013
Incredible place to work and learn new skills, the staff is encouraging and management is always helpful.
More profit for the company
Childcare Worker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 6, 2013
fun and happy inside my own room spending time with children. very fulfilled. I learned how to interact and deal with infants. Management wise not so good since it is more on the companies benefits all the time, it always think of how will they get more money out of parents pocket since the parents could afford it but they don't pay their employees – more... very well :( the company increases its fees and informing parents that it will go to the staff's wages but unfortunately it never increased the staff wages but instead the company expanded its business and opened new facilities. My co-worker is great. She is a team player, we work hand in hand in making sure that we provide the best and quality childcare. Even though she has difficulty in her program planning it was not hard for me to help do it for her since we know each others strength and weakness.The hardest part of the job is when you are being honest by expressing yourself in a nice way by asking permission that you are sick ex. fever a reaction from the vaccine taken Friday afternoon and you wanted to have a time off just to recuperate from the sickness and your boss will tell you that you need to report for work because her excuse is that somebody was already scheduled on that day to have a day off and would ask you to present a doctor's note if you return the next day. It seems that boss is not competent enough to believe on her staff that she is sick so I went to see the doctor and informed me that I need to rest for a couple of days. But if my boss was just so nice enough, I would have worked the next day and just sucked up all the pain just to work. But she doesn't deserve to have a hardworking staff that would be willing to stay and worked hard for the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is being fulfilled in seeing the children grow, learn and play at their own pace and that when I see their smile and do the things being thought to them is my biggest achievement in life.:) – less
Infant room teacher
Infant room lead (Former Employee), auroraApril 26, 2013
I enjoyed the infants greatly.
Always a different day!!
The problem was the staffing and that is why I left. There was horrific turn over in the centre as the Supervisor was lacking skills to motivate the staff
Amazing Job
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaNovember 7, 2012
so understanding with life outside of work and truly a great place to work would highly reccomend!
Great place to make a differece in children's lives.
Site Director (Former Employee), Waco, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: being a part of chidrens lives
Working with Kids and Co. was a powerful experience. I built relationships and witnessed growth through being a mentor.
Infant Teacher (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 10, 2013
I enjoyed working there but the management was not very helpful when dealing with problems with the kids. They were a clean place to work but teachers were left on their own when behavior problems arose.
horrible
Lead teacher (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAOctober 4, 2013
I did not like working here. The daycare was filled with drama. The manager was very mean and did not care about anyone but her self. Horrible environment for children and was dirty facility.
Fun work place with toys and games
Staff (Former Employee), Richland, WAJune 7, 2013
Pros: free snacks, great work environment, and field trips during the summer with the kiddos.
Cons: getting up at 5am to open at 6am, take a break in the middle of the day, and then closing (too long of a shift).
A typical day at work would be to open at 6 am and close at 6pm. I helped with before school/after school activities, art projects, cooking projects, helping with homework, cleaning, and fixing objects with they broke (clogged sink and door latch not latching). My co-workers were friendly and we helped each other out when needed.

I don't think there – more... was a hard part to the job. I loved being there and interacting with both the kids and staff. – less
worked with children
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), joplin moMay 17, 2012
love working with the kiddos did not have a very good boss, she was never there. parents complained about her never being there