KIDS & COMPANY Employee Reviews in Canada

Preschool Teacher Room age (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 3, 2016
Upon arriving to work, I enter the office, and I greet the Director, "saying hi how are you?" and The Director doesn't even answer. The Director was very unprofessional and did not give ant positive feedback to work well done. Only the negative. The halls leading inside and outside are never washed and babies crawl on the floors. The end of day cleaner was washing the floors with dirty water. The staff/teachers are over worked and under paid. It is a very depressing work environment. The management encourages talking to them if you have issues but it is held against you later. I worked in the downtown area of Calgary. I do not recommend anyone working there.
Pros
all teachers are hard workers and good friends
Cons
Toxic environment
Very Sad
ECA (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I was Hired at the London Branch. My first day, I sat in the office waiting to start my day, but instead I had to sit with my director and assistant Director, talk about a fellow employee, negatively. Not very professional. I think the worst was when I asked to leave early as my Aunt was dying, and the director told me, she would let me know if she was going to let me leave or not (after she was sending people home early at that moment), a half hour later, she let me leave, my Aunt passed two hours later. A lot of mind games. The other teachers were amazing, and the kids. I was there two months, and the floors were never washed, the infants crawled around in dirt. We had no paper towels for weeks. All the children's art work was taken down, as I watched them cry, because corporate did not want to re paint the walls, from damage of hanging up children's work. Not many activities for the children. Totally against my personal values, and philosophy of a future ECE teacher. The salary is minimum wage. The hours are long. Horrible place.
productive
ECE Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
the child care atmosphere is very welcoming the children learn so much from there teachers and friends. this company was a great experience to build skills.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Was ECA practioner in infant room
Early Childcare Assistant ( co-op placement) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 16, 2015
This was my one of the best of best working experience I would never forget!. Every day was mind-growing over here !. I take work as a pleasure, enjoy working and never feel like I am working. What I learned over here is how to do activities, feed, help special need children, smooth a baby, interact with parents, how to keep environment neat and tidy and child- friendly, sleep them, get them ready for outside, full fill their needs in appropriate manner, how to increase their different level of development, how to write dailies, observe, what will be my duties as an ECA and how should I do in a appropriate manner. I had great relationship with my teachers and other staff. The most enjoying part of my placement was when I used to interact with babies, doing activity and when I was helping my teachers.
Pros
Had became perfect ECA and developed friendly relationship with staff and parents.
Cons
I am sorry to say there were no cons
Enjoyable job! But unorganized
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 26, 2015
Was an amazing job, other than the Manager and Co-Manager and unfair employee treatment, very unorganized at training staff.
Great work place.
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSOctober 6, 2015
Great environment to work in and great employers to work for. I enjoy coming to work everyday. I have worked for this company for 2+ years and have really enjoyed my time here.
A day in childcare
School Age & Camp Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 13, 2015
I am fortunate to have a job that starts with a rockstar like welcoming every time i start my shift. Hugs and greetings from the children i serve really make for a positive day of fun, and learning.

The ongoing journey of self improvement and being a great mentor to the children i serve grows daily and with the support of some fellow co-workers and the directors of the company, i find that i am given the opportunity to use my individual style of learning and interacting with children to the benefit of the children, staff and families i am connected with.

The challenge lies in the limitations that clearly come with working with a private childcare company such as programming structures, and methods of development that are set by head office and required to be followed. However, when one understands the language of the child even these limitations can be a learning opportunity to find ways to not only implement the learning structures that i must follow but also make them fun and unique with a little imagination.

The hardest part of my job unfortunately comes down to the salary and benefits. Furthermore being a male in this line of work has its own challenges, most of which i welcome and grow from.
Pros
Meals are family style dining with staff and children.
Cons
Long hours and short staffed at times.
Over all a positive enviroment and helpful staff
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
I did enjoy working with Kids and Company and had a good time in spending time with all of the children. I enjoyed going to the workshops and learned more about the care giver I want to be. I came out of this experience wanting to advance my skills and to go for my Level 2 certificate.
Pros
had extra work to earn more money
Cons
long days
RECE
RECE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2015
*Maintain Professionalism
*Organzied and developed programs designed to meet the childrens needs with social, physical, intellectual, creatve, cultural,emotional and developmental enviornment
*respected families, cultures, and religions
*programmed planned activities that support goals and milesones
Fun But Stressful
Early Childhood Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 20, 2015
Diaper, Stories, Singing watching the kids, out side time,
The hardest part is lack or organization, the co-workers are great
Outdoors, Working with friends, approachable staff
I helped the Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  OttawaSeptember 12, 2014
A typical day involves 6 periods of activities, a staff member often only works at one or two activities throughout the day. I learned how to schedule staff and how to work with people of all personality types. Hardest part of the job happens when it rains because for the most part it is all outdoors and when it rains there is a quick change of plans. The most enjoyable part is being part of a great staff team and getting to know all of the campers.
folding clothing, refill stock, talk to custmer when need help
Support the development of learning strategies (Former Employee) –  30 finch ave eastJuly 15, 2014
I would in to work 8 am until 4 pm I work 7.5 hour in total during my co-op stay with this company
Pros
n/a
Cons
7.5
standard
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto OnFebruary 17, 2014
I enjoy working with my co- Workers and we have lots of fun during the day.
Love my job :)
Supply Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  KingstonJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day at work starts out that we get to work, swipe in, and go to our classrooms. The children arrive, and you're being mauled by a bunch of babies, with the best staff in the world. I have learned a lot from my job and I absolutely would recommend someone to work here. My management staff is awesome, anything you need help with in any aspect, they are willing to accommodate you. All of my coworkers are excellent at what they do and extremely kind. Hardest part of my job is debating whether I want it to be my turn for diapers or for cleaning the babies up after lunch. The best part of my job is that I am actually excited to go to work and miss it when I have a day off.
challenging working environment
Part-time Custodian (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2013
I was a custodian at a daycare. It was a challenging environment to work in as teachers and kids often stayed late waiting for some of the parents to come and pick up their kids.

Some of the rooms were often very untidy with toys all over, making it difficult to clean them. Some of the rooms also had things like paint, glue and sunscreen on the floor, which made it difficult to wash.

The hardest part of the job was issues with the rooms as far as mopping them went. The easiest part of the job was that it was the same routine every day.
Pros
the same daily routine
Cons
challenging to clean
Great place to work and Great staff
Supply Daycare Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONOctober 27, 2013
Incredible place to work and learn new skills, the staff is encouraging and management is always helpful.
great company
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  160 Bloor street East Toronto, ONMay 11, 2013
everyone is nice
learning about the child behaviours
having to spend time with the kids
Pros
kids are wonderful
Cons
not getting payed
More profit for the company
Childcare Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 6, 2013
fun and happy inside my own room spending time with children. very fulfilled. I learned how to interact and deal with infants. Management wise not so good since it is more on the companies benefits all the time, it always think of how will they get more money out of parents pocket since the parents could afford it but they don't pay their employees very well :( the company increases its fees and informing parents that it will go to the staff's wages but unfortunately it never increased the staff wages but instead the company expanded its business and opened new facilities. My co-worker is great. She is a team player, we work hand in hand in making sure that we provide the best and quality childcare. Even though she has difficulty in her program planning it was not hard for me to help do it for her since we know each others strength and weakness.The hardest part of the job is when you are being honest by expressing yourself in a nice way by asking permission that you are sick ex. fever a reaction from the vaccine taken Friday afternoon and you wanted to have a time off just to recuperate from the sickness and your boss will tell you that you need to report for work because her excuse is that somebody was already scheduled on that day to have a day off and would ask you to present a doctor's note if you return the next day. It seems that boss is not competent enough to believe on her staff that she is sick so I went to see the doctor and informed me that I need to rest for a couple of days. But if my boss was just so nice enough, I would have worked the next day and just sucked  more... up all the pain just to work. But she doesn't deserve to have a hardworking staff that would be willing to stay and worked hard for the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is being fulfilled in seeing the children grow, learn and play at their own pace and that when I see their smile and do the things being thought to them is my biggest achievement in life.:)  less
Infant room teacher
Infant room lead (Former Employee) –  auroraApril 26, 2013
I enjoyed the infants greatly.
Always a different day!!
The problem was the staffing and that is why I left. There was horrific turn over in the centre as the Supervisor was lacking skills to motivate the staff
Keeps you on your toes.
Early Childhood Assistant (internship) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2013
A typical day at this centre was coming in the room in the morning and doing a head count. Then we shifted to an activity. Before morning snack we would do bathroom break and diaper chanes. We would then serve first snack and after that we would get ready to go outside (wearther permitting). Coming back we would do another bathroom break and diaper changes. Moving on to lunch and then nap time. After nap time we do another bathroom break and diaper changes and then sit down for second snack; when done snack we head back outside. Re-entering from outside we would have another bathroom break and diaper changes; then have free play until pick up.