KIDS & COMPANY Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Volunteered as Assistant Co-op preschool 3 Teacher (Former Employee) –  236 Wellington St E, Aurora, ON L4G 1J510 May 2017
A typical day co-op working with preschoolers. I learned respect, kindness, teamwork, working preschoolers and how to help them.management was great learned alot. Workplace fun environment. Hardest part making sure none of the preschoolers ate anything they werent supposed to eat. Working with preschoolers and seeing them happy.
Pros
Brought lunch from home
Cons
Have to eat lunch before coming to placement.
Fun working environment
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 May 2017
Great experience to work at Kids&company. Free lunch provided everyday. Many opportunities to work with different ages of children's group and nice work environment overall.
Pros
free lunch, flexible schedule
Cons
low wages
Very friendly and conducive work environment
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Evanston Manor, Calgary4 May 2017
Kids and Company Evanston Community Calgary has an excellent work culture and a very friendly environment. They respect cultural diversity and the director is a wonderful person. The staff have a great team spirit, they are reliable, dependable and trustworthy.The children and their families are excellent. they promote growth and welcome positive changes and contribution. They encourage employees development and actualization of their full potential.They promote hard work and are accomodating of new employees. I highly recommend them for any prospective employee.
Pros
Friendly environment and growth oriented work culture
Cons
Renumeraton should be improved
establishing and maintaining a safe and nurturing environment for children
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Finch, ON3 May 2017
I've learned a lot from those working at Kids&Company about how to establish and maintain a safe and nurturing environment for the very young children. They all were passionate and enthusiastic about children and their learning experiences by providing safe and developmentally appropriate activities and taking their structural guidance into consideration when needed.
Amazing Team
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
Great coworkers, fun job! Lots of work but also good opportunity to learn and advance within the company. My team is very supportive. More pizza parties would be nice.
Pros
Opportunity for career growth, Gym membership
Interesting Company
Early Childhood Assistant/Supply Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
Great staff although the management is not very supportive. Very organized but the rate of pay is terrible and needs to be increased as times have changed.
Pros
Lots of hours, fun working environment, lots of equipment for the kids
Cons
Rate of pay, lack of support from management, lack of staff to relive breaks and lunches
good
Daycare Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
Best place for children all teachers were highly educated and dedicated with their work. they provide high quality food to children
good
Cons
nothing
Lots of great programs within the daycare
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 January 2017
Great place to gain experience and to learn about new and upcoming programs that the centre participates in. Great staff to work with. Fair wages. Lots always going on, fast paced.
fun place to work at
Site Director-In Training (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 January 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is to you get to meet different type of people and people in management are friendly and approachable. They treat everyone fair and just .
Fun work environment, if you have a great partner like me and great neighbours!!
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  95 wellington street west, Toronto, Ontario25 November 2016
I've been working at Kids and Company for several years and have seen many changes. Communication is KEY when working with children. Try to stay positive and focused. Your day will go by quickly that way!
Pros
Somewhat good benefits
Cons
Salary, ratio (not enough help), paper work, short lunches and lack of toys/materials
Very nice bright & happy place
Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary12 November 2016
Excellent management at Royaloak location for once in three years. Very honest director
Not a double face like previous ones.
It makes a big difference when your boss is honest.
ThankGod for giving us new management.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not much
Really nice place to work
Child Development Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2016
They are organised, a place with job security and conducive work environment. They have a team enabling environment. There is room for advancement and ensures a fair balance between work and home.
Pros
Free lunches
Great staff, HORRIBLE management
ECA (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 October 2016
Good job, excellent food, good daily routine/activities for the children, great staff
Unfair employee treatment, horrible management/assistant management, unresponsive labour committee
Official response from KIDS & COMPANY
18 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with Kids &Company. We agree that our food is excellent and we have wonderful staff members on our team. Regarding your additional comments - we'd like to hear more about your experience and where you feel we may have let you down. We value our staff and maintaining positive employee relationships is extremely important to us. Our National HR Director would be happy to discuss this further with you. She can be reached at jaclyn.sopik@kidsandcompany.com

a good place to work.
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2016
It is very rewarding being a part of the child's learning experience. When they smile at you because of their accomplishment, I feel very happy as well.
Pros
free lunch
Langley bc new location
Na (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC27 June 2016
Horrible won't recommend it to parents or teachers both deserve the best not kids and company, just a name, but inside won't be satisfied with the environment some of the teachers with title like assistant manager aren't doing what they are supposed to do to support the team
Pros
Ready witn lunch and snacks
Cons
Everythung else
Official response from KIDS & COMPANY
14 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience at Kids & Company. At Kids & Company, we strongly believe in teamwork and we do our best to foster a team environment. If any employee has a concern, we suggest (and encourage) they speak with their Director or Human Resources so that we can find a solution, clear up any miscommunication and make things better. Our national HR Director can be reached at jaclyn.sopik@kidsandcompany.com

good
Site Director-Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
sites are beautiful, operation depends on management style of the site, the HR department is terrible, menu of food is great, union sites pay and benefits are good, but survivors are over worked high demands.
ok company to work for
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (ECE) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 April 2016
Kids and company has an extremely high turnover rate in regards to staff. it is necessary to wear navy blue scrubs with a name tag everyday and there are so many extra daily duties that must be performed on top of the regular planning for early childhood education.
You get next to no staff appreciation for all the hard work that gets put in to working for this company
productive
ECE Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2016
the child care atmosphere is very welcoming the children learn so much from there teachers and friends. this company was a great experience to build skills.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Was ECA practioner in infant room
Early Childcare Assistant ( co-op placement) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 December 2015
This was my one of the best of best working experience I would never forget!. Every day was mind-growing over here !. I take work as a pleasure, enjoy working and never feel like I am working. What I learned over here is how to do activities, feed, help special need children, smooth a baby, interact with parents, how to keep environment neat and tidy and child- friendly, sleep them, get them ready for outside, full fill their needs in appropriate manner, how to increase their different level of development, how to write dailies, observe, what will be my duties as an ECA and how should I do in a appropriate manner. I had great relationship with my teachers and other staff. The most enjoying part of my placement was when I used to interact with babies, doing activity and when I was helping my teachers.
Pros
Had became perfect ECA and developed friendly relationship with staff and parents.
Cons
I am sorry to say there were no cons
Enjoyable job! But unorganized
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 November 2015
Was an amazing job, other than the Manager and Co-Manager and unfair employee treatment, very unorganized at training staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KIDS & COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.