KIDS & COMPANY Employee Reviews in Canada

Bad management big froud to parents
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2016
I spent few days at kids and company. It's not true parents can watch kids all that time. When parents turn on camera at that same time director got red signal and ask the staff pay special attention to kid.Thay are very harsh with kids allways punish them behind the camera. If toddler got hurt by staff mistakes Thay hide realty for each other. Never ever mention any body to sand there kids in this compny .they hire uneducated people so Thay can safe there money. 70 percent staff is Filipino Thay even don't understand English. Thay make daily report at 12 : 00 and tell the parents what did Thay eat at 3pm even if can only request safe your children. Don't trust on these cameras because Thay already knew that and pay special attention to that kid .
Pros
Cons
Fake statmant about kids safely
Fun workplace, horrible management
RECE (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJuly 5, 2016
Management was horrible. Fed children chocolate in the office. Attempted to give a child food that they're allergic to without realizing. Made staff cry. Gossiped about staff all the time. Handled situations very unprofessionally on a regular basis. I don't need to say anymore because a bad manager can turn the best staff into the worst.
Pros
The staff were very friendly and it felt like a second home
Cons
disorganization, unsanitary, bad management
Langley bc new location
Na (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 27, 2016
Horrible won't recommend it to parents or teachers both deserve the best not kids and company, just a name, but inside won't be satisfied with the environment some of the teachers with title like assistant manager aren't doing what they are supposed to do to support the team
Pros
Ready witn lunch and snacks
Cons
Everythung else
good
Site Director-Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2016
sites are beautiful, operation depends on management style of the site, the HR department is terrible, menu of food is great, union sites pay and benefits are good, but survivors are over worked high demands.
Preschool Teacher Room age (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 3, 2016
Upon arriving to work, I enter the office, and I greet the Director, "saying hi how are you?" and The Director doesn't even answer. The Director was very unprofessional and did not give ant positive feedback to work well done. Only the negative. The halls leading inside and outside are never washed and babies crawl on the floors. The end of day cleaner was washing the floors with dirty water. The staff/teachers are over worked and under paid. It is a very depressing work environment. The management encourages talking to them if you have issues but it is held against you later. I worked in the downtown area of Calgary. I do not recommend anyone working there.
Pros
all teachers are hard workers and good friends
Cons
Toxic environment
ok company to work for
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (ECE) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 27, 2016
Kids and company has an extremely high turnover rate in regards to staff. it is necessary to wear navy blue scrubs with a name tag everyday and there are so many extra daily duties that must be performed on top of the regular planning for early childhood education.
You get next to no staff appreciation for all the hard work that gets put in to working for this company
Very Sad
ECA (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I was Hired at the London Branch. My first day, I sat in the office waiting to start my day, but instead I had to sit with my director and assistant Director, talk about a fellow employee, negatively. Not very professional. I think the worst was when I asked to leave early as my Aunt was dying, and the director told me, she would let me know if she was going to let me leave or not (after she was sending people home early at that moment), a half hour later, she let me leave, my Aunt passed two hours later. A lot of mind games. The other teachers were amazing, and the kids. I was there two months, and the floors were never washed, the infants crawled around in dirt. We had no paper towels for weeks. All the children's art work was taken down, as I watched them cry, because corporate did not want to re paint the walls, from damage of hanging up children's work. Not many activities for the children. Totally against my personal values, and philosophy of a future ECE teacher. The salary is minimum wage. The hours are long. Horrible place.
productive
ECE Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
the child care atmosphere is very welcoming the children learn so much from there teachers and friends. this company was a great experience to build skills.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Was ECA practioner in infant room
Early Childcare Assistant ( co-op placement) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 16, 2015
This was my one of the best of best working experience I would never forget!. Every day was mind-growing over here !. I take work as a pleasure, enjoy working and never feel like I am working. What I learned over here is how to do activities, feed, help special need children, smooth a baby, interact with parents, how to keep environment neat and tidy and child- friendly, sleep them, get them ready for outside, full fill their needs in appropriate manner, how to increase their different level of development, how to write dailies, observe, what will be my duties as an ECA and how should I do in a appropriate manner. I had great relationship with my teachers and other staff. The most enjoying part of my placement was when I used to interact with babies, doing activity and when I was helping my teachers.
Pros
Had became perfect ECA and developed friendly relationship with staff and parents.
Cons
I am sorry to say there were no cons
Enjoyable job! But unorganized
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 26, 2015
Was an amazing job, other than the Manager and Co-Manager and unfair employee treatment, very unorganized at training staff.
Great work place.
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSOctober 6, 2015
Great environment to work in and great employers to work for. I enjoy coming to work everyday. I have worked for this company for 2+ years and have really enjoyed my time here.
A day in childcare
School Age & Camp Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 13, 2015
I am fortunate to have a job that starts with a rockstar like welcoming every time i start my shift. Hugs and greetings from the children i serve really make for a positive day of fun, and learning.

The ongoing journey of self improvement and being a great mentor to the children i serve grows daily and with the support of some fellow co-workers and the directors of the company, i find that i am given the opportunity to use my individual style of learning and interacting with children to the benefit of the children, staff and families i am connected with.

The challenge lies in the limitations that clearly come with working with a private childcare company such as programming structures, and methods of development that are set by head office and required to be followed. However, when one understands the language of the child even these limitations can be a learning opportunity to find ways to not only implement the learning structures that i must follow but also make them fun and unique with a little imagination.

The hardest part of my job unfortunately comes down to the salary and benefits. Furthermore being a male in this line of work has its own challenges, most of which i welcome and grow from.
Pros
Meals are family style dining with staff and children.
Cons
Long hours and short staffed at times.
Over all a positive enviroment and helpful staff
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
I did enjoy working with Kids and Company and had a good time in spending time with all of the children. I enjoyed going to the workshops and learned more about the care giver I want to be. I came out of this experience wanting to advance my skills and to go for my Level 2 certificate.
Pros
had extra work to earn more money
Cons
long days
RECE
RECE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2015
*Maintain Professionalism
*Organzied and developed programs designed to meet the childrens needs with social, physical, intellectual, creatve, cultural,emotional and developmental enviornment
*respected families, cultures, and religions
*programmed planned activities that support goals and milesones
Fun But Stressful
Early Childhood Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 20, 2015
Diaper, Stories, Singing watching the kids, out side time,
The hardest part is lack or organization, the co-workers are great
Outdoors, Working with friends, approachable staff
I helped the Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  OttawaSeptember 12, 2014
A typical day involves 6 periods of activities, a staff member often only works at one or two activities throughout the day. I learned how to schedule staff and how to work with people of all personality types. Hardest part of the job happens when it rains because for the most part it is all outdoors and when it rains there is a quick change of plans. The most enjoyable part is being part of a great staff team and getting to know all of the campers.
folding clothing, refill stock, talk to custmer when need help
Support the development of learning strategies (Former Employee) –  30 finch ave eastJuly 15, 2014
I would in to work 8 am until 4 pm I work 7.5 hour in total during my co-op stay with this company
Pros
n/a
Cons
7.5
standard
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto OnFebruary 17, 2014
I enjoy working with my co- Workers and we have lots of fun during the day.
Love my job :)
Supply Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  KingstonJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day at work starts out that we get to work, swipe in, and go to our classrooms. The children arrive, and you're being mauled by a bunch of babies, with the best staff in the world. I have learned a lot from my job and I absolutely would recommend someone to work here. My management staff is awesome, anything you need help with in any aspect, they are willing to accommodate you. All of my coworkers are excellent at what they do and extremely kind. Hardest part of my job is debating whether I want it to be my turn for diapers or for cleaning the babies up after lunch. The best part of my job is that I am actually excited to go to work and miss it when I have a day off.
challenging working environment
Part-time Custodian (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2013
I was a custodian at a daycare. It was a challenging environment to work in as teachers and kids often stayed late waiting for some of the parents to come and pick up their kids.

Some of the rooms were often very untidy with toys all over, making it difficult to clean them. Some of the rooms also had things like paint, glue and sunscreen on the floor, which made it difficult to wash.

The hardest part of the job was issues with the rooms as far as mopping them went. The easiest part of the job was that it was the same routine every day.
Pros
the same daily routine
Cons
challenging to clean

2.9