KIDS & COMPANY Employee Reviews

good
Site Director-Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
sites are beautiful, operation depends on management style of the site, the HR department is terrible, menu of food is great, union sites pay and benefits are good, but survivors are over worked high demands.
horrible managment
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2016
as a former employee I don't rec command this CHILDCARE as it doesn't have the decency to help support their employees, director would listen to her favorite staff only and encourages assistance and floaters to walk around freely with no boundaries. doesn't sits with employee and talk about complaints and doesn't encourage communication between ece and parents. she rudely speaks with ece's and pressurize them to the limit. also, the director lacks managment and coordinating skills and spreads personal complaints to other staff who are not responsible to be delegated this information.
Pros
good food
Cons
long hours, bad managment, lacks confidentiality and favoring certain workers
Really nice place to work
Child Development Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2016
They are organised, a place with job security and conducive work environment. They have a team enabling environment. There is room for advancement and ensures a fair balance between work and home.
Pros
Free lunches
Very nice bright & happy place
Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary12 November 2016
Excellent management at Royaloak location for once in three years. Very honest director
Not a double face like previous ones.
It makes a big difference when your boss is honest.
ThankGod for giving us new management.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not much
Great staff, HORRIBLE management
ECA (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 October 2016
Good job, excellent food, good daily routine/activities for the children, great staff
Unfair employee treatment, horrible management/assistant management, unresponsive labour committee

Comment – October 18, 2016

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with Kids &Company. We agree that our food is excellent and we have wonderful staff members on our team. Regarding your additional comments - we'd like to hear more about your experience and where you feel we may have let you down. We value our staff and maintaining positive employee relationships is extremely important to us. Our National HR Director would be happy to discuss this further with you. She can be reached at jaclyn.sopik@kidsandcompany.com

a good place to work.
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2016
It is very rewarding being a part of the child's learning experience. When they smile at you because of their accomplishment, I feel very happy as well.
Pros
free lunch
Langley bc new location
Na (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC27 June 2016
Horrible won't recommend it to parents or teachers both deserve the best not kids and company, just a name, but inside won't be satisfied with the environment some of the teachers with title like assistant manager aren't doing what they are supposed to do to support the team
Pros
Ready witn lunch and snacks
Cons
Everythung else

Comment – October 14, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience at Kids & Company. At Kids & Company, we strongly believe in teamwork and we do our best to foster a team environment. If any employee has a concern, we suggest (and encourage) they speak with their Director or Human Resources so that we can find a solution, clear up any miscommunication and make things better. Our national HR Director can be reached at jaclyn.sopik@kidsandcompany.com

A day in childcare
School Age & Camp Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 July 2015
I am fortunate to have a job that starts with a rockstar like welcoming every time i start my shift. Hugs and greetings from the children i serve really make for a positive day of fun, and learning.

The ongoing journey of self improvement and being a great mentor to the children i serve grows daily and with the support of some fellow co-workers and the directors of the company, i find that i am given the opportunity to use my individual style of learning and interacting with children to the benefit of the children, staff and families i am connected with.

The challenge lies in the limitations that clearly come with working with a private childcare company such as programming structures, and methods of development that are set by head office and required to be followed. However, when one understands the language of the child even these limitations can be a learning opportunity to find ways to not only implement the learning structures that i must follow but also make them fun and unique with a little imagination.

The hardest part of my job unfortunately comes down to the salary and benefits. Furthermore being a male in this line of work has its own challenges, most of which i welcome and grow from.
Pros
Meals are family style dining with staff and children.
Cons
Long hours and short staffed at times.
ok company to work for
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (ECE) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 April 2016
Kids and company has an extremely high turnover rate in regards to staff. it is necessary to wear navy blue scrubs with a name tag everyday and there are so many extra daily duties that must be performed on top of the regular planning for early childhood education.
You get next to no staff appreciation for all the hard work that gets put in to working for this company
Was ECA practioner in infant room
Early Childcare Assistant ( co-op placement) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 December 2015
This was my one of the best of best working experience I would never forget!. Every day was mind-growing over here !. I take work as a pleasure, enjoy working and never feel like I am working. What I learned over here is how to do activities, feed, help special need children, smooth a baby, interact with parents, how to keep environment neat and tidy and child- friendly, sleep them, get them ready for outside, full fill their needs in appropriate manner, how to increase their different level of development, how to write dailies, observe, what will be my duties as an ECA and how should I do in a appropriate manner. I had great relationship with my teachers and other staff. The most enjoying part of my placement was when I used to interact with babies, doing activity and when I was helping my teachers.
Pros
Had became perfect ECA and developed friendly relationship with staff and parents.
Cons
I am sorry to say there were no cons
productive
ECE Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2016
the child care atmosphere is very welcoming the children learn so much from there teachers and friends. this company was a great experience to build skills.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Enjoyable job! But unorganized
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 November 2015
Was an amazing job, other than the Manager and Co-Manager and unfair employee treatment, very unorganized at training staff.
Love my job :)
Supply Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Kingston16 January 2014
A typical day at work starts out that we get to work, swipe in, and go to our classrooms. The children arrive, and you're being mauled by a bunch of babies, with the best staff in the world. I have learned a lot from my job and I absolutely would recommend someone to work here. My management staff is awesome, anything you need help with in any aspect, they are willing to accommodate you. All of my coworkers are excellent at what they do and extremely kind. Hardest part of my job is debating whether I want it to be my turn for diapers or for cleaning the babies up after lunch. The best part of my job is that I am actually excited to go to work and miss it when I have a day off.
Great work place.
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS6 October 2015
Great environment to work in and great employers to work for. I enjoy coming to work everyday. I have worked for this company for 2+ years and have really enjoyed my time here.
Keeps you on your toes.
Early Childhood Assistant (internship) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2013
A typical day at this centre was coming in the room in the morning and doing a head count. Then we shifted to an activity. Before morning snack we would do bathroom break and diaper chanes. We would then serve first snack and after that we would get ready to go outside (wearther permitting). Coming back we would do another bathroom break and diaper changes. Moving on to lunch and then nap time. After nap time we do another bathroom break and diaper changes and then sit down for second snack; when done snack we head back outside. Re-entering from outside we would have another bathroom break and diaper changes; then have free play until pick up.
challenging working environment
Part-time Custodian (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2013
I was a custodian at a daycare. It was a challenging environment to work in as teachers and kids often stayed late waiting for some of the parents to come and pick up their kids.

Some of the rooms were often very untidy with toys all over, making it difficult to clean them. Some of the rooms also had things like paint, glue and sunscreen on the floor, which made it difficult to wash.

The hardest part of the job was issues with the rooms as far as mopping them went. The easiest part of the job was that it was the same routine every day.
Pros
the same daily routine
Cons
challenging to clean
Outdoors, Working with friends, approachable staff
I helped the Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa12 September 2014
A typical day involves 6 periods of activities, a staff member often only works at one or two activities throughout the day. I learned how to schedule staff and how to work with people of all personality types. Hardest part of the job happens when it rains because for the most part it is all outdoors and when it rains there is a quick change of plans. The most enjoyable part is being part of a great staff team and getting to know all of the campers.
Over all a positive enviroment and helpful staff
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2015
I did enjoy working with Kids and Company and had a good time in spending time with all of the children. I enjoyed going to the workshops and learned more about the care giver I want to be. I came out of this experience wanting to advance my skills and to go for my Level 2 certificate.
Pros
had extra work to earn more money
Cons
long days
RECE
RECE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2015
*Maintain Professionalism
*Organzied and developed programs designed to meet the childrens needs with social, physical, intellectual, creatve, cultural,emotional and developmental enviornment
*respected families, cultures, and religions
*programmed planned activities that support goals and milesones
Great place to work and Great staff
Supply Daycare Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 October 2013
Incredible place to work and learn new skills, the staff is encouraging and management is always helpful.