Location - Kanata, Ontario
Wage - $14.38 for RECE and $11.32 for ECA
Starting - Immediately
Hours - Full Time and On-Call Support Staff
Reporting to the Site Director, acts as an integral member of the Kids & Company team to assist in the overall management of day to day supervision and operations of a child age group through the conscientious application of Kids & Company standards to achieve our mission statement: to provide quality primary and backup childcare services conveniently located near our children’s parent’s place of work. We aim to assist corporations in creating a healthy work/life balance.
- Plans and implements enriched programs in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy;
- Leads children in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use of simple musical instruments, preparing craft materials and demonstrating their use and providing opportunities for creative expression;
- Takes a leadership role in the classroom and provides excellent supervision and interaction with children at all times including in all classroom, sleeproom, outside and playground activities;
- Observes children in their surroundings and assesses individual and group needs;
- Promotes open communication and works cooperatively and effectively as a team member and communicates and contributes information on a continuous basis;
- Provides training and acts as a role model for students, supply and new team members;
- Meets emotional, social, physical and cognitive needs of each child in the classroom;
- Follows all centre policies as outlined in the Staff Policy Manual including Behaviour Management, Serious Occurrence, Anaphylactic, Technology Use, Fire Drills, Workplace Harassment and Violence and Health and Safety practices;
- Prepares and maintains the indoor and outdoor play areas for children’s use, including checking toys and equipment to ensure safe functioning and performing various housekeeping and sanitizing duties as required;
- Participates in lunch, diapering, bathroom and toilet training duties and promotes healthy and independent practices;
- Ensures any special dietary requirements are met;
- If designated, administers medication as authorized by a physician and maintain appropriate records;
- Maintains open, positive, friendly and cooperative relationships with each child’s family;
- Accurately performs all administrative tasks including entries for the classroom log book, centre communication log book and required emergency and incident reporting in a timely manner;
- Maintains confidentiality;
- Attends monthly staff meetings;
- Attends staff development workshops;
- Adheres to dress code;
- If designated, takes call and messages in a polite, helpful manner;
- At times you may be asked to assist in another room or at another location;
- Participates in team/room meetings;
- Coordinates activities with other childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants and supply workers;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Who is Kids and Company?
Kids and Company is a corporate sponsored childcare and our philosophy revolves around the idea that we want to...