The Safety Supervisor is responsible for the management and successful execution of the Keystone Safety program. This role manages and ensures that the safety policy, procedure and education is delivered and maintained throughout the organization. Safety, damage prevention and loss control are the essence of a Safety Manager and this role is critical for identifying, developing and maintain damage and quality control initiatives.
- Lead, manage and coach a Safety Department (Field Supervisor, Administrator)
- Implement safety practices, policies and plans of the company.
- Develop and maintain damage and quality control initiatives – through ways and means of providing necessary training, leadership, organization and control to meet the company's goal of zero incidents. To achieve this goal through Incident Report Management:
o Conduct accident investigations as necessary to assist with liability determination and causation, including resolution of open claims
o File requests for accident evaluations, ensuring unpreventable accidents are recorded as such wherever applicable.
- Accept full authority to take any necessary action to maintain overall safe practices and procedures, including the authority to cease an unsafe operating procedure.
- Stays current on industry safety standards and new innovations through implementing information flow and data publications to ensure each level of management is properly informed of all activities relative to compliance with company safety policies and bulletins.
- Instruct workers and monitor performance on safety.
- Lockout recommendations and advising department managers - observe equipment and property conditions and report discrepancies to appropriate managers.
- Orientation of new employees with safety instruction including, but not limited to Dangerous Goods, WHMIS, driver, warehouse, and maintenance personnel education.
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of all safety programs and documentation required as part of compliance with National Safety Codes. - Observe all company rules, policies and procedures with regards to quality control, -Occupational Health and Safety, etc.
- Develop a team from within the company to ensure safety and compliance is observed at all levels.
- Develop manuals, policies, and procedures for training and safe work practices to be approved by the Senior Management and then implemented.
- Identify training or development opportunities, and set up training programs and tracking for all field employees. (RSTS, First Aid, Driving).
- NCSO designation or equivalent
- 5- 10 years’ experience as a Safety Professional
- Experience in research, analysis, interpretation and implementation of safety regulations, standards, and best practices as they pertain to Keystone Excavating Ltd.’s operations
- Understand and have complete knowledge of all Federal, Provincial rules and regulations pertaining to safety codes and Occupational Health and Safety rules
- Direct experience assessing training needs, creating training materials to fulfill those needs, and then delivering the training
- Excellent at creating high quality presentations using a variety of technologies (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint, LCD projectors, etc.)
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with individuals
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach, evaluate, and improve others
- Motivated, energetic, goal-oriented, and positive outlook critical
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong sense of professionalism and diplomacy
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and other stakeholders
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Monday to Friday, Saturdays as required
- Company Vehicle Provided – vehicle privileges include personal use in and around the Calgary Area
- Office and Field (outdoor) working conditions
- Travel to Edmonton
Keystone Excavating provides quality earthwork to Calgary's Commercial builders.
At Keystone we strive to be the leader in our industry,...