Controller – Keystone Excavating Ltd. (Calgary)
Keystone is a provider of residential, commercial, and infrastructure earthwork services in the Calgary & Edmonton regions. We are an industry leader in safety, equipment technology, and have an expertise based team made up of many long term employees. We invest in our employees and offer career growth, competitive salaries and a pension plan. As the company continues to grow we strive to build and develop our team strategically to align with our core values.
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for managing the organization’s accounting and financial functions. This position plays a direct role in establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems, ensuring that systems are in place to produce accurate and timely reporting of financial results.
Key Responsibilities and Functions
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the coordination of the preparation and distribution of monthly statements and reports.
- Manages and provides leadership to the annual budget process including issuing guidelines and procedures, training staff, auditing, overseeing data input, preparing reports and examining all qualitative and quantitative aspects of the budget.
- Continuously monitors branch budget expenses to ensure that funds are used efficiently.
- Coordinates the year-end of Keystone and related companies including preparation and review of year-end audit working papers and financial statements.
- Manages quarterly budgets and reporting.
- Tracks and reports on capital assets.
- Coordinates cash flow reporting.
- Supervises the Accounting Team; provides leadership and employee development.
- Manages the IT Contractors and projects Keystone’s upcoming needs for additional IT support.
- Creates and maintains a positive partnership with the Leadership, Senior Executive Team and branch administration staff.
- Ensures an efficient use of association resources and monitors consistency and accuracy of resources among branches.
- Supports the branches in controlling and monitoring revenue, expenses and branch operations.
- Initiates and is a participant in multiple projects for the development of appropriate controls and monitoring tools to keep the Senior Executive team informed.
- Manages or participates in a variety of special assignments as requested by the CFO.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA) is required.
- Previous experience working in the construction industry is preferred.
- 5 – 10years post-designation experience in a senior finance or accounting leadership role, preferably with Controller experience.
- Minimum 3 -5 year’s post-designation supervisory experience.
- Experience with Sage Timberline is an asset.
- Ability to manage the integration of multiple computer systems and programs.
- Highly organized, detail oriented.
- The ability to working in a fast-paced environment and lead growth management initiatives.
Please send resumes with compensation expectations included in the cover letter to Jillian Van Engen, HR Generalist
Keystone Excavating provides quality earthwork to Calgary's Commercial builders.
At Keystone we strive to be the leader in our industry,...