Accounts Payable Coordinator – Keystone Excavating Ltd. (Calgary)
Keystone is a provider of residential, commercial and infrastructure earthwork services in the Calgary & Edmonton regions. We are an industry leader in safety, equipment technology and have an expertise based team made up of many long term employees. We invest in our employees and offer career growth, competitive salaries and a pension plan. As the company continues to grow we strive to build and develop our team strategically to align with our core values.
Reporting to the Controller, the AP Coordinator is responsible for vendor management, invoice entry and cheque preparation.
Key Responsibilities and Functions
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Entering invoices for suppliers (service, materials, rentals, parts and labour) in a timely manner.
- Vendor reconciliations and confirming that payables in Timberline are correct.
- Requesting missing invoices from Vendors in order to complete reconciliations.
- Group Benefits Cheque Requests from our providers at the beginning of each month.
- Cheque run for Subcontractors
- Ensuring that all invoices and timesheets have been received and entered into Timberline/Bizflow.
- Requesting a copy of all missing timesheets from Subcontractors.
- Ensuring all General Commercial Liability insurance is current.
- WCB Clearances for all vendors listed must be checked and received prior to releasing cheques on the 15th and 30th.
- Adding new Subcontractors to the WCB list.
- Processing Quick Pay and updating the Quick Pay list of Subcontractors
- Stop Payment and Voiding Cheques may only be processed with the approval of the Controller.
- Responsible for adding new Subcontractors and Vendors after approval from the General Supervisor.
- Filing and organization of work orders and invoices.
- Communication with field supervisors, subcontractors and all office staff.
- Back up for reception and answering phones.
- Perform other accounting related duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications for this position:
- Accounting certification or diploma or; 2 years of experience in Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable
- Experience in Timberline Office or similar accounting software an asset.
- Intermediate to Advance skill set in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Detail oriented, professional attitude and reliable.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Results oriented, works well with tight deadlines, flexible schedule to ensure deadlines are met.
Hours of work for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Keystone is a provider of residential, commercial, and infrastructure earthwork services in the Calgary & Edmonton regions. We are an...