This position is directly responsible for the financial performance of the milling equipment and efficiency therein. Individual is ultimately responsible for all mill personnel, functions, systems, scheduling, procedures, planning, and related tasks.
- Monitors and assesses the efficiencies within the mill operations. Makes recommendations on new ideas and approaches to operational efficiency. Ensures that all processes and mill services continuously improve to produce results aligned with customer and organizational needs and expectations.
- Individual will assist in identifying and leading small to medium sized capital projects within the facility.
- Helps identify and solve all issues within the milling operations, resolves critical issues with low to medium risk and potentially plant wide impact.
- Collaborates with peers inside and outside the facility and represents our clients Milling in the International Association of Operative Millers (IAOM) committee and other related organizations.
- Implements, monitors, and reports related key performance indicators to measure processes and efficiencies within the mill operations.
- Experienced in oat, flour and/or related cereal grain milling management, dedicated to maintaining technical knowledge by staying current in technology, trends, innovations, and best practices. A leader in safety and food safety disseminating companywide objectives and values throughout mill operations.
- Perform other related duties as required, up to and including but not limited to, all department related HR issues such as; timecard approval, employee coaching and counseling, etc.
Experience & Education/Training
- Degree in Technical Milling and/or Engineering and/or equivalent experience. Minimum of five (5) year’s experience in managing a mill department and/or similar operation in a unionized and/or non-unionized environment. Minimum of three (3) months experience in project management of small to medium capital project.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requirements include proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of peers, subordinates, internal resources, vendors, and suppliers. Must be able to coach, teach, lead, and develop front line staff, and if applicable supervisor trainees, so they are able to achieve desired organizational results. Must have good organization skills and demonstrated excellent oral, written and listening communication skills
- Must have good analytical, mechanical and problem solving skills. Must possess strong leadership skills, presentation skills and be computer competent with demonstrated moderate ability to use spreadsheets, project management, and database software within a Windows based environment.
Indeed - 5 months ago
We are dedicated to tracking down top talent for top quality positions.
Why choose KeyStaff?
We work with employers and candidates...