KEYERA is one of the largest midstream operators in Canada. We provide essential services for oil and gas producers in western Canada and market related natural gas liquids throughout North America. Our business consists of two integrated business lines: Gathering and Processing, and Liquids Business Units. We have a strong reputation for operating our facilities safely and responsibly, and for giving back to the communities where we live and work.
With a vision to be the North American leader in delivering midstream energy solutions, it is our team of innovative, motivated and talented employees that drives our success. Keyera is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Calgary based Engineering Team.
This is a full time salary or contract opportunity based out of the Calgary corporate office supporting projects and operations throughout Western Canada. The Senior Project Manager is a critical member of the Engineering team and is responsible for a portfolio of projects within a specific geographic region. The Senior Project Manager is a strategic thinker, a technical expert and a people leader able to supervise and develop a high performing team of engineers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for project development and design including the scope, cost estimates regulatory approvals, procurement, scheduling and budgeting, HSE as well as the tender/bid packages
- Work closely with external clients and regulators as well as champion projects internally; ensuring all internal groups such as Business Development, Finance and Operations are working together efficiently and strategically.
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of external service providers such as Engineering, Construction and Procurement.
- Supervise and develop a team of Project/Facility Engineers assisting team members in annual performance reviews, career development opportunities and ensuring Key Performance Indicators for the team and projects are on track.
- Prepare and maintain technical reference drawings and documentation relating to projects.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders based on trust, integrity and professionalism.
- Support and further develop internal project controls and processes
- Engineering degree from accredited university and registered Professional Engineer in Alberta
- 15+ years of mechanical, process or production engineering experience in implementing projects and providing operational support for gas and NGL processing facilities
- Strong leadership experience and the ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams in an efficient and collaborate manner.
- Experience in leading, developing and motivating a technical team.
- Ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment, influence decision making and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and multi-task
- Creativity in developing identifying and evaluating alternate solutions to realize business opportunities
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization and analytical skills
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Familiarity with current codes (ABSA, ASME, CSA, API, NACE,etc.), acts and regulations
If you are interested in developing your career, as well as an opportunity to join a winning culture that fosters innovative thinking, open communication, integrity and mutual respect then please submit your resume at: www.keyera.com
The recruitment of a Senior Project Manager is an ongoing process, applications will be accepted until the position(s) are filled. Applications will be reviewed upon submission and candidates considered for an interview will then be contacted.