KEYERA is one of the largest midstream operators in Canada. We provide essential services for oil and gas producers in western Canada and market related natural gas liquids throughout North America. Our business consists of two integrated business lines: Gathering and Processing, and Liquids Business Units. We have a strong reputation for operating our facilities safely and responsibly, and for giving back to the communities where we live and work.
With a vision to be the North American leader in delivering midstream energy solutions, it is our team of innovative, motivated and talented employees that drives our success. Keyera is currently seeking a Projects Construction Manager to join our Calgary based Engineering Team.
This is a full time salary or contract opportunity based out of the Calgary corporate office supporting projects and operations throughout Western Canada. The Projects Construction Manager is a critical member of the Projects Execution team and is responsible for a portfolio of construction projects. The successful candidate will be an experienced project manager with a significant of construction experience within the oil and gas industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations to ensure the successful construction, procurement, scheduling and budgeting of projects
- Assist teams in construction planning, contractor selections and developing and evaluating construction tender documents
- Work collaboratively with Health and Safety Advisors and Operations staff and contractors to ensure that the appropriate HSE programs and procedures are in place.
- Resource and manage site construction and safety personnel
- Monitor and report on the construction performance of projects and measure against established KPI’s to ensure projects are on schedule and budget.
- Monitor day to day activities and progress of projects; working closely with contractors to ensure that projects are being completed safely and within Keyera’s standards, specifications and procedures
- Work closely with project engineers, external clients, regulators and operations, ensuring everyone is working together efficiently and strategically.
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of external service providers such as Engineering, Construction and Procurement.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of technical reference drawings and documentation relating to projects.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders based on trust, integrity and professionalism.
- 10+ years of oil and gas construction experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience within the role of Construction/Project Manager preferred
- Extensive experience with gas processing and fractionation facilities, liquids handling terminals and pipelines
- Strong leadership experience and the ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams in an efficient and collaborate manner
- Experience in leading, developing and motivating a team of technical and trades personnel
- Ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment, influence decision making and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and multi-task
- Creativity in developing identifying and evaluating alternate solutions to realize cost and schedule commitments
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization and analytical skills
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Related post – secondary education such as an Engineering degree or technical diploma
- Professional designation such as a CET, P. Eng and/or PMP will be a definite asset
- Familiarity with current codes (ABSA, ASME, CSA, API, NACE,etc.), acts and regulations
If you are interested in developing your career, as well as an opportunity to join a winning culture that fosters innovative thinking, open communication, integrity and mutual respect then please submit your resume at www.keyera.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.