KEYERA is one of the largest midstream operators in Canada. We provide essential services for oil and gas producers in western Canada and market related natural gas liquids throughout North America. Our business consists of two integrated business lines: Gathering and Processing, and Liquids Business Units. We have a strong reputation for operating our facilities safely and responsibly, and for giving back to the communities where we live and work.
With a vision to be the North American leader in delivering midstream energy solutions, it is our team of innovative, motivated and talented employees that drives our success. Keyera is currently seeking a Plant Operator to join our Fort Saskatchewan facility.
As a valuable member of the Natural Gas Liquids Facilities team, the successful candidate will be responsible for intermediate operating assignments on plant equipment and the maintenance of a safe working environment within the facility.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operations of fractionation plant, truck loading/offloading rack, and cavern storage
- Facility monitoring and readings, product sampling and quality control
- Contractor/driver orientation and supervision
- Review, modification, and/or development of facility procedures
- Support engineering and maintenance team on various projects
Duties will be adjusted to provide the successful applicant with varied experience, to meet the current needs of the Facility Team and to provide a pathway for future succession within the team.
- Technical diploma from NAIT/SAIT (or relevant diploma/degree from an accredited institution)
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in NGL processing, product storage, and pipeline operation or related industry experience
- 3rd or 4th Class interprovincial steam ticket is required
- Demonstrated ability to perform successfully in a multi-disciplined work team
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills with attention to detail
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Valid H2S Alive, WHMIS, TDG and First Aid Certificates would be an asset
- Valid Driver’s license
- Physically able to perform all components of the position (lifting, working at heights, etc.)
- Able to work in seasonal weather conditions
- Must be able to work on a rotational shift (days/nights)
- Must be available to work occasional overtime
If you are interested in developing your career, as well as an opportunity to join a winning culture that fosters innovative thinking, open communication, integrity and mutual respect then please visit us at www.keyera.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.