KEYERA is one of the largest midstream operators in Canada. We provide essential services for oil and gas producers in western Canada and market related natural gas liquids throughout North America. Our business consists of two integrated business lines: Gathering and Processing, and Liquids Business Units. We have a strong reputation for operating our facilities safely and responsibly, and for giving back to the communities where we live and work.
With a vision to be the North American leader in delivering midstream energy solutions, it is our team of innovative, motivated and talented employees that drives our success. Keyera is currently seeking a Health & Safety Advisor to join our Corporate Responsibilty team in support of our Strachan operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Keyera’s Health and Safety programs for Keyera’s Strachan gas plant. This position will be based at the Strachan site (Rocky Mountain House Region) and the competencies acquired in this role will provide an excellent foundation for advancement to a supervisory position within an operating facility or as a long-term Health and Safety professional.
Working as part of the Corporate Responsibility team and integrated with our existing Operations and Maintenance groups, the Field Health & Safety Advisor will be responsible for the development and implementation of programs in support of Keyera’s Health and Safety Management System. This role will include travel to plant sites in support of these activities. Specific duties include but not limited to:
- Utilizing the knowledge of Keyera’s Health and Safety Management System to advise, mentor and assist facilities with the implementation of programs in order to satisfy the needs and expectations of the related areas and facilities.
- Participate in the development and field implementation of new programs or systems to further the health and safety objectives of the Company.
- Provide support to the facilities for incident investigation that will include identifying investigation requirements and leading investigations of high-risk events.
- Provide consultation to the facilities around regulatory compliance requirements relating to health and safety and provide monitoring, auditing and support to identify opportunities for improvement of safety performance.
- Actively participate in project reviews, selection, approval and monitoring of operations and construction contractors to ensure their compliance with Keyera Contractor Safety Management Programs.
- Support of Emergency Response Activities for the facilities.
- Minimum of five years gas plant operations, maintenance or health & safety experience
- Strong organization, coaching, communication and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated desire for personal growth
- Self-motivated team player with a strong commitment to improving Health and Safety Performance
- A proven ability to develop relationships and become an effective business partner
- Possess a valid calss five drivers license and be able to produce a reasonable driving abstract
- A desire to continue personal education and to obtain NCSO an OHS certificates
If you are interested in developing your career, as well as an opportunity to join a winning culture that fosters innovative thinking, open communication, integrity and mutual respect then please submit your resume at: www.keyera.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.