WHO WE ARE/COMPANY OVERVIEW
In over 30 years since its inception in Japan in 1974, Keyence Corporation has steadily grown to become a leading force in industrial automation technologies, serving over 100,000 customers in over 70 countries worldwide. Today, Keyence Corporation has expanded into an efficient global network of 16 international affiliates, with annual sales exceeding two billion dollars, but only 3300 employees worldwide. Keyence ranks 17th on Forbes’ list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and has been named one of Business Week's “1000 Best Valued Companies.”
At KEYENCE, we pride ourselves on providing a wide variety of manufacturers the world's best automation technologies. But, we aren't satisfied to merely offer the world's best technologies. We know that the true key to our success is our highly trained, direct sales force. KEYENCE is committed to providing its customers with the most professional, consultative sales force and support staff in any industry.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU (KEYENCE CANADA SALES REPRESENTATIVE/ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION)
The Technical Sales Representative Position with Keyence Canada is the premier opportunity for you to learn consultative, solution-based sales. At Keyence Canada, sales professionals work in a highly professional and fast-paced office an average of two days a week, while three days a week they visit manufacturers in a sales territory so that they can consult face-to-face on solving customers’ critical quality control, reliability, and research or design applications. While Keyence products are highly technical, you will receive the training to become an expert on our products, solving applications, following our pro-active sales process, and conducting successful sales consultations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend product and application training at Keyence Canada’s Head Office in Toronto (approximately 3 months). Training is paid.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Keyence products and applications through classes, seminars, and on-the-job training.
- Provide technical consultation and service to customers to help solve their applications using Keyence’s products in a variety of industries, selecting and promoting the proper company products/services for their application.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to Keyence Canada’s expectations and the challenges customers present you.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to customer requests.
- Secure new customers consistently and efficiently.
- Travel to customer locations three days per week and successfully sell products/services into a wide variety of manufacturing & related industries.
- Coordinate account strategy and contribute to territory’s strategic plan.
- Successfully implement new product-launch strategies.
- Deliver growth in market share within assigned sales territory.
- Coordinate off-site seminars and trade shows as needed.
- Manage day-to-day activities with little to no managerial supervision.
- Understand and observe company / department policies and procedures.
- Other duties or projects, as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Four-year college degree in related discipline (Engineering preferred)
- Interest and aptitude to master Keyence’s highly technical products.
- Interest in working in manufacturing environments.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism (French/English) for positions in Montreal.
- Ability to listen and pro-actively react to customer questions and requests.
- Goal-oriented and extremely hard working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to Keyence Canada’s success.
- Desire to better yourself through our intensive training, mentorship, engaged management, and pro-active, process-oriented sales approach.
- Understand and abide by all company policies and procedures: including professional dress code, punctuality, attendance, and sales process policies.
- Willingness to travel 60% of the time, including the possibility of overnight travel.
- Must have own vehicle.
- You are passionate about beginning a career in technical sales.
- You are interested in visiting manufacturing environments.
- You are interested in technology and have a strong technical aptitude.
- You have a strong work ethic and want to work hard.
- You are interested in working at a professional and disciplined company.
- You want the opportunity to advance within one company.
- You enjoy speaking to people on the phone or in person.
- You are goal-oriented and pro-active.
Earnings Potential: $40k Base Salary + Bonus + Paid Overtime = $58k-62k (approx.) in the first year.
Position requires the ability to lift and carry 30 – 70 lbs. of demonstration equipment in and out of vehicles and through customer locations with or without reasonable accommodation(s). Incumbents are expected to demonstrate flexibility to a wide variety of manufacturing environments in terms of level of cleanliness, temperature, and/or noise. Incumbents must also abide by all safety regulations in offices and customer locations, including wearing safety clothing and/or gear whenever required.
Keyence Canada is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, religion, colour, place of origin, ancestry, citizenship, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, use of any means to palliate any disability, marital status, pregnancy, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, record of offences (as defined in applicable human rights legislation), veteran status, liability for service in the armed forces, political convictions, language, social condition, civil status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If, due to disability, you are unable to complete this online application, please fax your request for a reasonable accommodation or expression of interest to (905)366-1122.