WHO WE ARE/COMPANY OVERVIEW
In over 30 years since its inception in Japan in 1974, Keyence Corporation has steadily grown to become a leading force in industrial automation technologies, serving over 100,000 customers in over 70 countries worldwide. Today, Keyence Corporation has expanded into an efficient global network of 16 international affiliates, with annual sales exceeding two billion dollars, but only 3300 employees worldwide. Keyence ranks 17th on Forbes’ list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and has been named one of Business Week's “1000 Best Valued Companies.”
At KEYENCE, we pride ourselves on providing a wide variety of manufacturers the world's best automation technologies. But, we aren't satisfied to merely offer the world's best technologies. We know that the true key to our success is our highly trained, direct sales force. KEYENCE is committed to providing its customers with the most professional, consultative sales force and support staff in any industry.
Bilingual Applications Engineer – Montreal, QC
Link to job posting/application: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA7/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=KEYENCE&cws=1&rid=195
Bilingual Application Engineer for Keyence Canada
Provide information concerning products, applications, and problem diagnosis to sales representatives and customers. Conduct product application testing and troubleshooting on customers’ applications. Orchestrate product-related trainings for the purpose of maximizing sales. Possess strong communication skill including active listening. Demonstrate excellent prioritization as well as customer service.
Principal duties and tasks
- Receive phone calls or emails from sales reps and customers and answer inquiries concerning product capabilities, specifications, and applications
- Analyze and troubleshoot customer issues via phone or email
- Research and analyze competitive information pertaining to the company’s products
- Conduct product application testing for sales reps and customers
- Create and update manuals for product training and product demonstration for sales reps
- Plan, design, develop, and conduct trainings on products, applications, and competitive information for salespeople including both new hires and incumbents
- Develop, update, and disseminate key sales enhancement product information via company intranet and/or electronic newsletters
- Coordinate with the parent company in Japan on new product release and other pertinent tasks such as product literature development
- Travel to sales offices and/or training seminars
- May assist sales reps with on-site presentations to customers, as needed
- Proactively identify areas to improve department operation efficiency and initiate projects to achieve such improvements
- Understand and observe company / department policies and procedures
- Assists office administrator for quotation and order entry
- Other duties or projects, as assigned
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, activities, and projects for timely completion
- Active listening skill
- Analytical skill to identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts by breaking down information or data into separate parts
- Ability to establish and maintain pleasant interpersonal relationships primarily over the phone and emails
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simplified fashion
- High degree of service orientation to actively look for ways to help people
- Problem solving skill – identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (ie. Automotive, Mechanical/Electrical Engineer) and/or 1+ year of experience in industrial automation or quality control field preferred. Candidates with a business related degree would also be considered
- Bilingualism (French/English) is mandatory for this role
Keyence Canada is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, religion, colour, place of origin, ancestry, citizenship, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, use of any means to palliate any disability, marital status, pregnancy, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, record of offences (as defined in applicable human rights legislation), veteran status, liability for service in the armed forces, political convictions, language, social condition, civil status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If, due to disability, you are unable to complete this online application, please fax your request for a reasonable accommodation or expression of interest to (905)366-1122.
Earning Potential: $44k + Bonus + Overtime = $45k-60k (approx) in your first year.