Keyano College Employee Reviews

Management supports incompetent and lazy
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 May 2017
Lack of management, incompetent employees, no teamwork, no support from management for improvement, no support for equipment repair, depressing work environment.
Pros
College staff good people
Cons
Heating plant staff incompetant
Was an ok expereinc
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2017
Lots of filing and pick-up jobs around the office. Working as a student tasks are not really focussed as such it is just when tasks become available. Great team of people to work with.
Being a student position it was very easy going and laid back type of job
Student assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 March 2017
The typical day was basically clock in, check my list of things to do in the order of importance and get them done. I learned how to manage my time in order to ensure that things were done when they were supposed to. Hardest part of the job was bringing cartons of course material out in the snow. I worked with great people and we all had a good laugh when i did get to see them.
Great place for students to work
Lounge Worker/ Used Book Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 May 2016
The General Manager is an amazing person, who is caring and really wants her employees to grow and learn. The workplace is so accepting of students and their school schedules so all work hours are scheduled around class times.

It's an amazing job opportunity to get to know other people and to learn new things.
Pros
open hours, fun atmosphere, great hours
Cons
small bar, little room to move, gross fryer, all deep fried food
Sport and Wellness Centre (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 February 2016
Keyano College is a great employer and allows employees to have a healthy work life balance. Working at the heart of the community gives employees the chance to become engaged and involved.
Productive and fun place to work
Business Development Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 January 2016
I meant a lot of companies, learnt different needs, management was approachable, my co-workers were awesome, helped a lot of employees, enjoyable part is meeting all kinds of people everyday
Pros
Gas and transportation paid for
Cons
difficult people
Fun and engaging
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 December 2015
Doing Safety Training for a number of different courses, everyday was a learning experience dealing with students, management was good, hardest part of the job some time was extra long days, most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all over the world.
Excellent Teachers, Great Guidance
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 October 2015
I was not employed by Keyano. I was a student and did volunteer work for the college.

The teachers are great to work with. They teach us to think for ourselves.
Clinical Placement Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 October 2015
There was a great understanding between management and the employees that home life was a huge importance everyone. I was always given opportunities to advance my education that would help with my daily requirements at work.
Pros
Home life was important and family came first
Cons
change over of staff
Good experiences
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 January 2015
Good experiences, busy, great staff,moderate preparing for classes.
Great cafeteria food. Good faculty representation
Very Productive and enjouyable work experience
Asset Data Support at Suncor Business center (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 November 2014
Worked as contractor through Keyano at Suncor Energy Fort McMurray, AB. I adhered to the client 's work and rules, office culture which had been a pleasurable experience.
Pros
Got good work experience, freedom to communicate
Cons
Nothing negative
Fun environment
Application Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB,CA2 November 2014
I would recommend every one to work at keyano college its fun environment to work at.
Faciltated many computer courses.
Facilitator/Instructor Computer Programs (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 June 2014
This position allowed me to present core course as per the community calendar as well as improvise and add new material as it became available, eg. wordperfect 5.0 was updated during a course and became wp 6.0 within a week. Highly motivated students enhanced the teaching experience.
Pros
Self directed teaching position with many supportive coordinators
Cons
Time management was needed in this compact course ts to achieve certifications for students.
Actual occupation - Computer Instructor
Computer Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 June 2014
Training is a complex activity that requires planning. Design and preparation usually takes more time than delivery of the materials.
It is rewarding to know that my students enjoy my class, feel more confident working with computers and are not embarrassed to make mistakes. At the end of my courses, they leave feeling motivated, fearless and willing to apply what they have learned in the real world.
This is a challenging field that demands constant upgrading.
I do my job with excitement and enthusiasm!
Training is a very interactive process in which I also learned from my students.
Challenging and educational
4th Class Power Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 March 2014
Keyano College Power Engineering Co-op program offers face paced learned and challenging material.
great atmosphere
Men's Assistant Hockey Coach (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 February 2014
co-workers were very easy to get along with. Felt part of the team.
Very productive
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 January 2014
Helpful for career aspirants.

Right now i am working in an OIL&GAS company.
Great working place.
SERVER ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 October 2013
Every one in the organization is very cooperative. Lot of new projects.
Good working environment.
Pros
Great place to work.
Benefits
interesting and fun workplace; great staff
SKILL Centre Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 August 2013
A great place to work assisting students to achieve their academic and personal goals, a fantastic group of co-workers dedicated to student-centred success. Learned valuable computer skills and gained a lot of experience working as a tutor in a college setting. Supportive management and much encouragement to take initiative. Greatest challenge was learning novel computer software.
Fun place to work
Student clerk (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurray, alberta1 April 2013
A typical day at work included cleaning up classrooms and setting up for night classes. Transferring books and other materials to the classrooms.

The job was not very challenging for me. I didn't learn anything new.

Management and co-workers were great.

The hardest part of the job was using the dysfunctional cart they gave me to transfer material to another building. The cart would get stuck in the snow. It was quite frustrating.

The most enjoyable part of the job was it was only 2 hours everyday after my classes were done at Keyano. Therefore it didn't really feel like a job.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
not enough hours