Key Marketing is BC's most creative and progressive project marketing company. It is composed of the industry's best and brightest - we are fun, passionate and committed to what we do.
Key Marketing is seeking an organized, driven and ambitious individual to join our team as Project Manager. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an entrepreneurial self-starter to develop, flourish, and become established within a growing team. The ideal candidate will work in a team environment within the marketing department and will be interacting regularly with project sales teams.
The Project Manager will report to the VP Sales & Marketing.
The candidate selected for this position will possess strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, possess excellent organization skills, and enjoys a fast paced environment. The Project Manager has an integrated role where he/she works with everyone in the office. This person is an energetic and flexible team player who possesses exceptional marketing and communication skills.
Project job description
- Create strategy position in the market for project
- Be prepared to discuss project quality, client and team satisfaction, and project success metrics during regularly scheduled and ad hoc project review meetings with the VP Sales & Marketing and/or Marketing Team.
- When necessary work with external contractors in addition to internal resources.
- Determine resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Understands basic revenue models, invoicing, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Explain implications of changes to project scope and/or objectives to the client and to the project team.
- Lead the team to prioritize signed off project work based on analysis of strategic importance, tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines.
- Create, or participate in the creation of, project documentation.
- Establish and maintain a usable and well-communicated schedule for all phases of a project via our established sales & marketing process.
- Work with the client to ensure changes are understood and approved.
- Responsible for formal sign off on all project deliverables; this will often include coordinating input and involvement from the VP Sales & Marketing and client.
- Ensure project meets internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy.
- Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk on specific client engagements. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget, and timeline.
- Create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members and implement a revised project schedule, scope or budget in a timely manner.
- Work with VP Sales & Marketing to ensure clients achieve an understanding of expectations, deliverables, dependencies, risks, progress and Key Marketing process.
- Create customized reporting for the client.
- When appropriate, work directly with clients and/or team leads, to secure sign off on deliverables or documentation
- Team, client and management are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to clients and team members.
Job specification of Project Manager
1. Have relevant education, such as the BCIT Marketing Management Program (Professional Real Estate Option is considered an asset)
2. Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior leadership position
3. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships
4. Demonstrated experience in leading and managing projects
5. Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
7. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
8. Knowledge of new media and PR initiatives
9. Ability to work within a Mac environment
10. Database managment
Individuals meeting the above mentioned criteria are encouraged to submit his or her resume with a cover letter. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only select individuals will be contacted for follow-up. No phone calls please.