Ketek Group Employee Reviews

Build confidence in skill set
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
Worked in a challenging environment, providing support as needed to the operation of a portable pipeline. Great environment for building confidence in skill set.
It was great job with a lot of opportunities for personal growth.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2017
I enjoyed my time there until due to the crash in oil, I was lay off. Never had any major issues with management or co workers. It was great job with a lot of opportunities for personal growth.
Terribly managed.
Field Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2017
Seems like of the hundreds of office people none of them can come together and problem solve. Efficiency is not in their vocabulary. ........................
I enjoyed the job while it lasted
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2017
Great place to work while i was there. Unfortunately due to the crash in oil, i lost my job with no notice. Never had any major issues with management or co workers.
Busy work schedule, generally good crew, taken care of
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Alberta22 March 2017
Good company to work for, They will take care of you if you treat them well. Work life to personal life balance is lacking severely, you are on an on call basis throughout the entire year unless days are booked off. Has a corporate structure to the company but you are not just a "number' to corporate.
great fellow workers .
Water Resources Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2017
low pay. very basic medical inadequate, no other benefits. low hous and number of days worked can be extreme.( away from home)
Cons
unpredictable work schedule.
Not much to say
Parts driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2016
Worked there 5 years and qs laid of due to the economy. I enjoyed my job and people I worked with. Sad to leave.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Economy
Great team to work with
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 April 2016
Great team and management, but location and some working environments arnt the the best. Overall very impressed with my experience there
Pros
Own company truck
hard to fit in
Senior Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2016
family owned business that has employed lots of direct family members and international workers. Location is not ideal.
Great Place to work
general labour (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2015
Enjoyed working here. Learned a lot about how to work hard and how to get the job done under tight time frames. Co-workers were great to work with.
enjoy and fun to work with other culture through one goal.
Welder/Metalworking Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2015
Before starting at work we spend half an hour on emphasizing safety at workplace. I learned to work on fast paced without compromising safety.
Management and supervisors are very supportive at work especially regarding safety.
My co workers are very supportive also to be able to cope at with them and help you if you ask them.
Good Boss Good Workmates
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Area15 June 2015
Loved working at Ketek , Would go back there anytime given a chance. Hardwork with Hard pay if you know what i mean by that.
Pros
Respect
Cons
n/a
Very fun work place, great management
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2015
Great, Great, Great company to work for, unfortunately they don't pay enough and there is no room for growth :( Love that company though.
Pros
Banff Team Building every year :)
Cons
A day working in the oil patch
Site Foreman (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 October 2014
A typical day at work involves long hours, tight deadlines and overseeing all employees on the crew are keeping up with their duties and responsibilties throughout the day day. Assess problems and defects, trouble shooting any situations. Daily paperwork and billing to Consultant of contracting company. The job constantly teaches you both mechanically and as a leader of a crew you learn valuable people and leadership skills. Very easy to work with and Im always trying to strengthen my crew hands on and with professional skills. Everyday is stressful, because striving for perfection is the daily demand and requirement, but each day leaves you with a huge sense of accomplishment when you leave for the day.
Pros
Valuable training/experience. Great chance of advancement
field duties
Field Pipe Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2014
Agreat place to engage and work.
Emploers are wonderful and safe place to work
Pros
accomodation and feeding is free
Cons
long 12 hours daily
Great place to work as long as you are in the right position.
Shop Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 September 2013
I enjoyed my time there until I wanted to advance. The Grande Prairie managers are great people and easy to get along with. do not expect to advance for a few more years though because the shop is only a year old so it is basically ran by the 2 managers, shop foreman and head service tech. they are all great people who do their jobs well, there is just no room for advancement yet. the service representatives get the best perks; a truck, fuel card, cell phone, awesome annual bonus of 3 dollars for every hour worked in the year, a 2 dollar a hour addition to your pay if you are working out of shop and a annual paid weekend retreat in the mountains. unfortunately I did not get any of those things as a shop laborer. They have camp work as well, although it is not always available or steady they will work you in the shop if you camps are unavailable. all of your tickets and courses are paid for as long as you work for three months after. They have offices in Edmonton (head office) Fort Mac, Fort St John, Fort Nelson and Grande Prairie (the newest) head office is still trying to control everything and it is affecting quality of work. I was told for every 30 people hired only 10 stay past the 3 month probationary period and only 3 of the 10 stay after a year. Personally I think that is ridiculous and should give you a idea of what the company really thinks of its employees, Its easier to hire someone new they say. Iv never seen anyone get fired or suspended and honestly they should have been. So don't worry if you are late often or like to bend the rules because they wont fire you,  more... just give you a slap on the wrist and send you back to work.  less
Pros
small shop, comfortable enviroment.