Ketek Group Inc Employee Reviews

I enjoyed the job while it lasted
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2017
Great place to work while i was there. Unfortunately due to the crash in oil, i lost my job with no notice. Never had any major issues with management or co workers.
great fellow workers .
Water Resources Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2017
low pay. very basic medical inadequate, no other benefits. low hous and number of days worked can be extreme.( away from home)
Cons
unpredictable work schedule.
enjoy and fun to work with other culture through one goal.
Welder/Metalworking Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2015
Before starting at work we spend half an hour on emphasizing safety at workplace. I learned to work on fast paced without compromising safety.
Management and supervisors are very supportive at work especially regarding safety.
My co workers are very supportive also to be able to cope at with them and help you if you ask them.
A day working in the oil patch
Site Foreman (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 October 2014
A typical day at work involves long hours, tight deadlines and overseeing all employees on the crew are keeping up with their duties and responsibilties throughout the day day. Assess problems and defects, trouble shooting any situations. Daily paperwork and billing to Consultant of contracting company. The job constantly teaches you both mechanically and as a leader of a crew you learn valuable people and leadership skills. Very easy to work with and Im always trying to strengthen my crew hands on and with professional skills. Everyday is stressful, because striving for perfection is the daily demand and requirement, but each day leaves you with a huge sense of accomplishment when you leave for the day.
Pros
Valuable training/experience. Great chance of advancement
field duties
Field Pipe Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2014
Agreat place to engage and work.
Emploers are wonderful and safe place to work
Pros
accomodation and feeding is free
Cons
long 12 hours daily
Great place to work as long as you are in the right position.
Shop Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 September 2013
I enjoyed my time there until I wanted to advance. The Grande Prairie managers are great people and easy to get along with. do not expect to advance for a few more years though because the shop is only a year old so it is basically ran by the 2 managers, shop foreman and head service tech. they are all great people who do their jobs well, there is just no room for advancement yet. the service representatives get the best perks; a truck, fuel card, cell phone, awesome annual bonus of 3 dollars for every hour worked in the year, a 2 dollar a hour addition to your pay if you are working out of shop and a annual paid weekend retreat in the mountains. unfortunately I did not get any of those things as a shop laborer. They have camp work as well, although it is not always available or steady they will work you in the shop if you camps are unavailable. all of your tickets and courses are paid for as long as you work for three months after. They have offices in Edmonton (head office) Fort Mac, Fort St John, Fort Nelson and Grande Prairie (the newest) head office is still trying to control everything and it is affecting quality of work. I was told for every 30 people hired only 10 stay past the 3 month probationary period and only 3 of the 10 stay after a year. Personally I think that is ridiculous and should give you a idea of what the company really thinks of its employees, Its easier to hire someone new they say. Iv never seen anyone get fired or suspended and honestly they should have been. So don't worry if you are late often or like to bend the rules because they wont fire you,  more... just give you a slap on the wrist and send you back to work.  less
Pros
small shop, comfortable enviroment.