- Read and interpret blueprints, manuals and processes, examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment, brazing and soldering equipment, and metal shaping machines
- Examine finished products and spare parts and compare them with samples to check whether specifications are met
- May also supervise and instruct other workers, such as apprentices
- Shop and yard environments
- May at times be exposed to dangerous and/or toxic substances and must take necessary precautions to protect eyes, nose and skin from irritation and infection
- Expect to do a considerable amount of lifting, carrying, climbing, kneeling and balancing, therefore a certain amount of strength dexterity and alertness is required
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials
- May be required to work in high, precarious places, near moving parts, and/or electrical works
- Physically fit as the position requires the individual to be on their feet all day and lift items that weigh up to or over 20 kilograms
- Exposed to loud noises and must take the necessary precautions to protect ears
- Exposed to light flashes from welding processes and must take the necessary precautions to protect eyes
Required Education and Experience:
- Journeyman Welding certificate
- One to five years of experience
- High School diploma
- Fluent in the English language (reading, written, spoken)
- Must demonstrate good hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Must be able to read, evaluate, and respond to product specifications and drawings, and perform normal math calculations easily.
- Must be familiar and comfortable with various machinery
Must have experience in both thin gage and thick gage material.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Valid driver's license with Driver's Abstract an asset
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent demanding deadlines
- Strong work ethic and organizational, planning skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to use a 2-way radio
- Deal with the public in a positive, courteous, and respectful manner
Ketek Group will provide all PPE requirements except for steel toe boots.
Wages: $28-$35 depending on skills and qualifications.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard
A proven history of service and equipment quality. We are driven by client satisfaction.
Ketek Group offers ONLY full-time, permanent...