15 hours per week (extra may be required periodically)
Must be able to perform physical tasks (eg lifting, moving furniture, scraping, shoveling, etc)
Pay $13.20 per hour
To maintain Kerby Centre facilities in conjunction with the other maintenance staff.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Responsible for cleaning the building including gymnasium, kitchen, dining room, offices, classrooms, bathrooms, and hallways. Cleaning includes vacuuming, dusting, removing garbage, mopping floors where appropriate, refilling supplies, etc.
2. Strip and wax floors annually.
3. Clean windows, walls (interior) etc. seasonally.
4. Clean-up parking lots and shelter lots as required.
5. Set up and remove furniture for meetings, special events, and social events, as directed by the Manager of Maintenance or the Assistant to Maintenance.
6. Set up and operate the p.a. system, sound, audio/ visual, and presentation equipment when necessary.
7. Report any changes or problems to the Manager of Maintenance or the Assistant.
8. Any other duties as required.
9. Maintain confidentiality in client and Kerby Centre business.
10. Wear attire appropriate to the position.
NOTE: All positions at Kerby Centre are evolving. New or changed responsibilities
may be considered by the CEO at any time.
Building Service Worker diploma preferred.
Job is primarily in a three-story building with elevator. Some work may be in a second building (Kerby Rotary House) connected by a plus 15. Flexible hours are
required: shifts are typically 3:00 – 11:00 Monday - Thursday. Friday shift is usually noon – 8:00. Shifts change depending on the needs of Kerby Centre. Selected mornings and weekends may be required.
Must be in good physical condition. Job requires repeated lifting and being on feet
for the majority of the shift.
Please send resume by noon November 19