To provide holistic nursing care through the professional treatment of feet and the assessment and education of clients on related health and wellness issues. Manages the Wellness Centre in the absence of the Manager of Health and Wellness.
Duties and responsibilities
1.Provide professional foot care including cutting nails, reducing corns and calluses.
2.Assess foot health needs and educate the client on topics such as shoe fit, dry skin.
3.Make referrals to a podiatrist when necessary.
4.Maintain medical documentation on each treatment in order to have a history of care provided.
5.Maintain an antiseptic environment by cleaning and disinfecting tools, wiping up spilled water and sweeping floor. Maintain infection control at all times.
6.If required, answer the phone and provide information or book appointments.
7.Set up and take down the foot clinic area including proper storage of equipment.
8.Assume the foot clinic responsibilities of the Manager in the absence of the Assistant.
9.Take vital signs as requested.
10. Respond to medical emergencies in Kerby Centre when possible and provide first aid and emergency care as needed.
NOTE: All positions at Kerby Centre are evolving. New or changed responsibilities may be considered by the CEO at any time.
- Health Care Aid Certificate
- Advanced certificate in foot care
- Maintain a current level of knowledge including CPR at the Basic Rescuer Level and Automated External Defibrillator certification
- Must enjoy working with seniors and have a pleasant personality.
Hours of work are 8:00 – 4:00 or 8:30 – 4:30 Mon-Fri. May be required to attend workshops or make presentations on weekends or evenings.
Must be physically able to spend hours bent over for foot care. Also able to respond promptly to health emergencies within the building.
- Reports to Manager of Health and Wellness
- Assists in the supervision of Support to Wellness positions and volunteers
Position posted until filled.
Located in the heart of Calgary, Alberta, the Kerby Centre is a not-for-profit organization, committed to enhancing the lives of older...