Kentz Employee Reviews

Working with Kentz.
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Alkhafji5 November 2017
I am a trainee for Kentz.I am doing instrumentation diploma major. I work from 7:30 a.m. to 15:00 p.m. .In the first year, I study English and math. After the academic year, I go to the technical department. The hardest part is being punctual no matter what happens. I think the most enjoyable part for me is learning new things everyday.
Excellent people to work with!!
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Wood Buffalo, AB1 November 2017
Long hours in northern Alberta can seem hard, but have learnt a lot of new skills with Kentz. Great workplace culture. Management had been flexible and gave me all the opportunities available to succeed in the electrical trade.
Very friendly and fun place to work
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB24 January 2017
Very Safe work culture, Management was great always taking the time to listen . Pay rates were fare and on par with industry standard.
would work for this company again.
horrible management
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 August 2016
I work there for 5 months, and while I enjoy my self and the work and they got very competent workers, the management team that was running the job, was not very well liked by the workforce the upper management within the company and the customer, I have been told that most managers at kentz are great, just not the ones that were running that job
Enjoy working with others to achieve positive results
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB29 April 2016
Great people to work with, Super conditions and safety work ethic shared by all. I consider myself supervisory material as well as a mentor. I hope to share all I have to offer with you.
Pros
All included
Great Company to work for
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2016
I have nothing bad to say about this company. I would love to work for them again if given the opportunity. They made working for them wonderful.
Most importantly I like to face challenges as they from part of my personal growth
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Malahide, ON22 February 2016
Im a hard working and enthusiastic who is willing to learn new things in life.
I also pledge to commit to the production and enrichment of the company
Great team environment
Mechanical Tech, Commissioning, ISCT (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB26 November 2015
Kentz has major support for the boots in the field by drawing on their teams past experiences for task safety,quality, and scheduling.
Pros
Knowledge base of the co workers and team environment.
Cons
Benefits could be improved.
an exceptional company with good prospect for advancement
instrument technician (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurray,AB19 October 2015
Very professional and good remuneration.A good company to work for with exceptional management.This was a fly in fly out job and the company arranged everything quite well.Accomadations were good and transportation to job was adequate.
Great Company
Senior Elect. High Voltage Commissioning Tech. (Former Employee) –  ALBERTA13 October 2015
Kentz is a great company to work for with. I would recommend Kentz to anyone looking for work and I would welcome the opportunity to work with this company again!
Excellent company!!
Red Seal Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 September 2015
Excellent company to work for. Excellent safety rules...people and staff are very friendly and approachable.
Great work environment, great rotations and flight schedules.
No pressure atmosphere!!
good company to work for
electrical relay technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB11 September 2015
the company looked after their workers well. If you can put up with living away from home for long periods of time the the wages and equal time on and off were excellent benefits
Pros
top rate medical benifits, excellent wages
Cons
spend a lot of time away from home
Exciting workplace great learning experience I personally enjoyed my time on this project.
Scaffolding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray3 August 2015
Working with Kentz was truly a privilege the company was very well structured and had a solid core of highly skilled personell on the construction side. They were very consistent and paid very well the thing that i liked the most was the approachableness of the management team on the MLMR project the listended and were cooperative on all levels. It was a fun day to work everyday lots to do i met somany fantastic people and miss the team alot.
Pros
Lots of overtime, incentives and bonuses
Cons
I cant think of a single one
Toxic Culture
Telecom Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray31 May 2015
Kentz Canada is a management mess. If you are Irish and organized your child's birthday party...They'll make you a manager.
The culture is toxic with lots of in fighting. Wages are poor for Fort Mac.
Pros
Few if any...
Cons
Too Many to list...
A great company
NEXEN DRU (Current Employee) –  Anzac, AB7 March 2015
Working environment of this company is very dynamic and ever changing, from the tool box talks in the morning to end of the day you will or can be on different tasks. Being able to adjust to constant change is must. Co-workers are very easygoing going, and want to work, if you slack off they will push you out.
Pros
very work force oriented
Cons
project longevity
pleasant place to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  alberta3 March 2015
people which i work with were kind and professional. management was professional. co-worker were great. hardest part of the job are the long shift with the travelling included in it. the most enjoyable part of the job to create a project and know you may do a difference.
Have had better jobs
Electrical Commissioning Technician (Current Employee) –  fort mcmurray5 January 2015
The Employer promised a longer work time, but could only provide employees with short term work. Travel accommodations were poorly organized and the work was not managed well. Being laid off over Christmas holidays and promised to be returned back to work was the worst lie a company could do. No impressed with them.
Great group of co-workers
Electrical Commissioning Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray8 October 2014
The group Technicians at this site make it a great place to work
Good Management
Electrician, Ore Preparation Plant (OPP) Project (Former Employee) –  AB31 March 2014
Reading and interpreting diagrams, blueprints and schematic drawings
Heat Tracing, cable pull, Dressing, Terminating Glanding and Testing Installing, testing distribution and control equipment, Electrical heat traces
Not a good company to work for
mechanical (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray24 November 2013
Got hurt on a job site, no backing from Kentz...they lied on the doctor's form and paperwork so couldn't collect WCB... was out of work for 3 months forced to live on savings and visa to attend treatment and rehabilitation and pay bills.
Cons
lie to you