KENTZ ENGINEERS AND CONSTRUCTORS Employee Reviews

Good management and leadership
SHE Representative (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal13 January 2017
Earning good salary,good work place and good management,safety the main priority and leadership is good and learning to work underpressure
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
Normal hour
kentz 100%full safety no injuries
mechanical fitter (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga31 December 2016
Safety first;no permit work no work;no sas 558 no work;full p.p.e at work at all times:before starts work sign your daily risk assessment before:follow the company processurers;rules and regulations at all time.no horseplay at work.respect anothet
Pros
Cons
report accidant immidiatly
productive workplace
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia31 December 2016
This is where I learned how to deal with professionals. I have encountered different cultures and personality and stayed for the company for 2 meaningful years.
Pros
free transportation in case of emergency
Cons
hard to handle arab clients who doesn't know how to speak english
Artisan Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Lephalale Medupi21 December 2016
I learned so many things at kentz before I qualify and after. I did fabrication, reading of isometric drawing, use of hand and power tools, use of oxy-acetelyne cutting and heating, argon welding, arc welding, work as a team and work independently.
productive
mechanical fitter (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga7 December 2016
it's was good to work long hours and following all procedures and being productive also dealing with deference people and solving all issues by working hand in hand with my overseers or supervisor
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Best place to work you feel like you at home
Semi Skilled mechanical fitter, Mechanical fitting (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga27 November 2016
The best place to work really you learn alot of new features everyday everyone is like family there we look out for each other make jokes have fun days braai get free gifts
Pros
Free hampers gift bags
Cons
nothing
Productive, challenging but fun
Jnr Engineer (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga4 October 2016
A lot to learn of u are attentive to detail and always willing to learn and add value to the company. Work become more critical during shutdown because everything is done with short and agreed planned time since the client will be expecting to get back their plant on that agreed time.
Cons
Excellent people to work for and with
Communications Technician, Commissioning Group (Current Employee) –  Barrow Island WA26 September 2016
The company had one of the highest safety ratings on the Island and the management were very good to work for.
The crew were excellent to work with, but the project had to finish eventually.
Pros
High wages
Cons
Away from family on the FIFOroster
a well equipped and balance environment in the work place.
MATERIAL CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  madagascar1 September 2016
Kentz company is an international company dealing with pipping electrical civil and maintenance of a company. projects are scattered around the globe. Kentz is an international engineering builder.
Pros
almost everything is free
Cons
malaria
productive and happy working place
High Voltage Electrician (Former Employee) –  Port Moresby Papua New Guinea18 July 2016
I have become more productive. Inspired to work. Salary compensated. I have learned a lot. Gave me opportunity to learn more and help me enjoy my work, inspired to reach my goal and provide good living condition for my family. My co workers are very supportive and considerate. In fact I have no regrets working for them.
Challenging and Exciting work environment
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mpumanlanga, Secunda21 May 2016
Assisting Project Manager with the daily running of maintenance sites, attending toolbox talks with maintenance teams and attending to safety and HR/IR concerns.

Attending Clients PDR meetings to discuss maintenance strategies and up coming projects.

Attending Project scope validation meetings, scheduling, resource discussions and project costs.

Assisting commercial with compilation of Project Cost Estimates, establishing requirements for the project with clients.

Attending Project PDA to discuss what can go wrong during execution and put in mitigation actions and contingency plans in place.
Pros
Excellent exposure and experience in Project Management
Cons
Minimal time to spend with family
very productive and enjoyable
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Doha9 March 2016
am so blessed I'm part in this company I have nothing to say, I don't know what words I use to explain this company, the work,the management, and my team has so well.
Pros
long break
Cons
healthcare
Very brand conscious
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP23 January 2016
Always under pressure. Schedule to complete our scope of work is always very demanding. Liaison with our clients co-operative.
Pros
being able to express your management skills
Cons
project bonuses being debatable.
good management
IT Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAW2 November 2015
Very good working envirnment and supportive staff.we can work with a team under a leadership.
there was a lot of variey in what i did each day,ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
gifts.
Cons
health care.trips.
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Madagascar22 August 2015
My work experience with the Kentz company was great, they have free foods for all of the employees, free accomodations, they also have health care.
Pros
Free foods
Cons
Short brakes, health care
Informative and productive work environment
Junior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vaal Triangle, GP11 February 2015
My typical day at work would range from various tasks whether it be form playing a supervisory role on site to the planning and preparation on shutdown maintenance. I have gained a substantial amount of information regarding how refineries operate and the various stages which is required to gain the final consumer product. I would say the hardest part of the job is the rigorous working hours we have to adhere to as the project is required to run 24 hours a day.
Pros
Living out allowance
Cons
Productive, but demotivating with no clear indication of advancement
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  De Aar, Northern Cape18 July 2014
Same routine.
Learning pattern restricted to minimum
Management on specific project, incapable and militaristic, but the company in general< rest of South Africa, very professional,friendly and helping.
Working away from home is by far the hardest part.
Most enjoyable part is the rare opportunity to learn something new and to be able to be given the opportunity to do something new.
Pros
Good salary, free lodging, inconvenience allowance
Cons
Long hours, job insecurity, degrading management, no company training or interestd in personal advancement for employee
There's one thing i believe in the work place you respect the of the company.
Mechanical Supervisor / Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Any where in world, work is work,17 October 2013
all ways good to work for the company because you meet such wonderful people ,and you learn so much from your co-workers .
Pros
free accomerdation, free food, free traveling, and free friendship
Cons
i dont care about long hours, iam too earn and make money
good company
pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  madagascar south africa24 November 2012
i learn how to value of the expirience in working with this company
Pros
free food and logging and transportation
Innovative
Instrument Engineer (Current Employee) –  Secunda, South Africa14 August 2012
Good work culture.
Interesting job
Management is not upto good

4.2