KENTZ ENGINEERS AND CONSTRUCTORS Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Quality Control Inspector E&I (Former Employee) –  toamasina, madagsdcar4 February 2017
the company has given me the best of accommodation. enough foods with my choice in the restaurant, room service, and even in recreational area. they had live band every weekend, pool tables, computer gaming area, big television everywhere, karaoke bar, internet area, convenient store, fitness gymnasium, barber shop, library, dart area, and they even have movie house(cinema). outdoor sports are there too. safety transportation to my workplace, etc.
Pros
free meals
kentz 100%full safety no injuries
mechanical fitter (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga31 December 2016
Safety first;no permit work no work;no sas 558 no work;full p.p.e at work at all times:before starts work sign your daily risk assessment before:follow the company processurers;rules and regulations at all time.no horseplay at work.respect anothet
Pros
Cons
report accidant immidiatly
QA/QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Lephalale, Limpopo23 January 2017
Excellent company to work for gained tons of experience in building of power station , very challenging with deadlines to met, various material that are used on this site gave me n=much experience with filler material
Pros
13th Cheque at end of year, tavelling and living out allowance
Cons
Space to work to many contracters on site
Productive and Safe workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal27 January 2017
We worked Underground for a period of six months, it was only the firs week i did not feel well being Underground but after that week it was a normal work area,

Our Management did their best protecting us and carrying for our safety, Safety Officers were all over the workplace
Pros
Overtime Hours
Cons
12hours
productive workplace
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia31 December 2016
This is where I learned how to deal with professionals. I have encountered different cultures and personality and stayed for the company for 2 meaningful years.
Pros
free transportation in case of emergency
Cons
hard to handle arab clients who doesn't know how to speak english
productive and interesting workplace
fitter and turner (Former Employee) –  mozambique13 February 2017
The working conditions were quite good as protective clothing was provided by the company.The management of the company was at its very best and other skills like welding were also incorporated.
Pros
high salary
Cons
hardly free weekends
Best place to work you feel like you at home
Semi Skilled mechanical fitter, Mechanical fitting (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga27 November 2016
The best place to work really you learn alot of new features everyday everyone is like family there we look out for each other make jokes have fun days braai get free gifts
Pros
Free hampers gift bags
Cons
nothing
Productive, challenging but fun
Jnr Engineer (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga4 October 2016
A lot to learn of u are attentive to detail and always willing to learn and add value to the company. Work become more critical during shutdown because everything is done with short and agreed planned time since the client will be expecting to get back their plant on that agreed time.
Artisan Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Lephalale Medupi21 December 2016
I learned so many things at kentz before I qualify and after. I did fabrication, reading of isometric drawing, use of hand and power tools, use of oxy-acetelyne cutting and heating, argon welding, arc welding, work as a team and work independently.
Excellent people to work for and with
Communications Technician, Commissioning Group (Current Employee) –  Barrow Island WA26 September 2016
The company had one of the highest safety ratings on the Island and the management were very good to work for.
The crew were excellent to work with, but the project had to finish eventually.
Pros
High wages
Cons
Away from family on the FIFOroster
productive
mechanical fitter (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga7 December 2016
it's was good to work long hours and following all procedures and being productive also dealing with deference people and solving all issues by working hand in hand with my overseers or supervisor
Pros
free lunches
Cons
a well equipped and balance environment in the work place.
MATERIAL CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  madagascar1 September 2016
Kentz company is an international company dealing with pipping electrical civil and maintenance of a company. projects are scattered around the globe. Kentz is an international engineering builder.
Pros
almost everything is free
Cons
malaria
Good management and leadership
SHE Representative (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal13 January 2017
Earning good salary,good work place and good management,safety the main priority and leadership is good and learning to work underpressure
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
Normal hour
productive and happy working place
High Voltage Electrician (Former Employee) –  Port Moresby Papua New Guinea18 July 2016
I have become more productive. Inspired to work. Salary compensated. I have learned a lot. Gave me opportunity to learn more and help me enjoy my work, inspired to reach my goal and provide good living condition for my family. My co workers are very supportive and considerate. In fact I have no regrets working for them.
Safety Officer
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga20 January 2017
Not a bad company to work for, top in its class. just need some backup from management from time to time. other than that, a good company to work for.
Pros
Work
Cons
Work
Safety and good management
she rep (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga7 January 2017
Be your brother's keeper good communication, earning good salary .Good leadership and safety of the workers is the first priority.
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
normal
Challenging and Exciting work environment
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mpumanlanga, Secunda21 May 2016
Assisting Project Manager with the daily running of maintenance sites, attending toolbox talks with maintenance teams and attending to safety and HR/IR concerns.

Attending Clients PDR meetings to discuss maintenance strategies and up coming projects.

Attending Project scope validation meetings, scheduling, resource discussions and project costs.

Assisting commercial with compilation of Project Cost Estimates, establishing requirements for the project with clients.

Attending Project PDA to discuss what can go wrong during execution and put in mitigation actions and contingency plans in place.
Pros
Excellent exposure and experience in Project Management
Cons
Minimal time to spend with family
very productive and enjoyable
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Doha9 March 2016
am so blessed I'm part in this company I have nothing to say, I don't know what words I use to explain this company, the work,the management, and my team has so well.
Pros
long break
Cons
healthcare
Very brand conscious
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP23 January 2016
Always under pressure. Schedule to complete our scope of work is always very demanding. Liaison with our clients co-operative.
Pros
being able to express your management skills
Cons
project bonuses being debatable.
good management
IT Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAW2 November 2015
Very good working envirnment and supportive staff.we can work with a team under a leadership.
there was a lot of variey in what i did each day,ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
gifts.
Cons
health care.trips.

4.3