Kent Building Supplies

Kent Building Supplies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
its a nice place to work
Yard Supervisor (Current Employee), woodstock new brunswickOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good discount
Cons: short hours
its all about serving the public and to keep them coming back.
productive work place and fun
Customer Service (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 1, 2014
the management team and always willing to work extra hours and the customers
terrible place to work poor management.
warehouse worker (Former Employee), new minasJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good hours payed breaks
Cons: no consideration for amount of work done.
Not a very nice place to work management would look out for their own well being andforget about the other employees to much back stabbing .
Customer service oriented and an enjoyable place to work
Customer Service/Cash Supervisor (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at work would involve processing purchases and refunds for customers. I also help with signage for the store and order supplies for the cashes and service desk.
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), halifaxMay 6, 2014
i have learned a lot of things e.g. how to deal with customers, working in a team,
Well organized and truly cares for wellbeing of employees
Picker (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: employee discounts and clothing assistance as much as 85%
Cons: getting use to the 4:30 to 12:30 shift
The experience overall was a good one but only had a few weeks on the job as a job in my field of expertise came available. A very good system of checks and balances in place to look after the employees wellbeing.
Enjoyable working place
Flooring/ Garden Centre Associate (Former Employee), Montague, PENovember 21, 2013
Pros: co-works i enjoyed working with.
Cons: pay was not really good
Start the of each morning would restock the area that you are looking after. Helping customers at the project desk fill there orders. Also help customers find there products. Set up end caps. Put away product that comes in new. In the Garden Center time ( May-Aug) would set up for the day. Water plants and help customers find what would go good in sun – more... or shade. Help them load there vehicles with soils.
I have gone on training for Flooring,Painting, and Garden Center, alos training on the Seven A's for how to help customers.
Since I have been there I enjoyed all the Managers and Asst. Managers. We had gone through a few for we are one of the smallest stores so we are kind of like a training store for them.
My co-workers where all awesome.
I was in flooring so the hardest would be when some one would come for a large amount of flooring and have to lift it all by myself.
My favorite part would be out in the Garden Center for it gave a bit of a change from being in doors all winter. – less
Work with customers on their building projects
Sales A (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBJuly 2, 2013
Pros: clients
Cons: working evenings and weekends, no benefits and low wages
Everything from A to Z on home renovations and building projects, material needed, etc.
I loved what I did
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), NSMarch 5, 2013
It was great, got to meet new people and talk to old friends! It was alot of fun and my employer respected me!
not very good.
Driver/operator (Current Employee), Corner Brook, NLDecember 23, 2012
Pros: good co workers.
Cons: low pay.
There is poor management and not real respect for their employies.
THE PLACE ALWAYS FELT LIKE YOU WEREN,T GOODENOUGH.
Contractor Sales Representative (Former Employee), NEW MINAS N.S.August 21, 2012
Pros: commission
Cons: always being scrutinized.
THE CUSTOMERS MADE THE DAY. CO-WORKERS WOULD OFTEN WALK AWAY AND NOT HELP. MANAGEMENT WAS MORE CONCERED ABOUT THEIE REVIW.THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS BEING UNDER SCRUTINEY ALL THE TIME.
At Kent, I have a very diverse role. I have worked in every department throughout the store. I have gone from different departments to different store
Customer Service/Contractor Sales (Current Employee), dartmouth nova scotia.June 12, 2012
Pros: the co-workers and contractors and change throughout my day.
Cons: working hardley with dedication and receiving little wage.
My overall review of Kent would be great. Management is great, very respectful place to work. A typical day for me at Kent would be going from many different departments such as paint, lumber, warehouse, contractor sales, project sales, cashier. My duties entail problem solving, working with home building plans, customer satisfaction, delivers. I have – more... learned a lot within the store from building supplies to home interior also many different problem solving techniques within cash problems. My favorite part of my day is the interaction with co-workers and contractor customers. The most difficult part of my job is working very hard for little wage. I have also been to other provinces with the company participating in store renovations and new store openings working very long hours. – less
Great People to work with
Receiver (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 27, 2012
All employees are very knowledgable of product and great to work with. the managers are some of the best people ive worked for.