Kent Building Supplies Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Benefits and pay are the only good, still not worth it.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS28 July 2016
The company is garbage. From management constantly scrutinizing you, to Co workers who are blissfully ignorant and supported by management in that ignorance, it is not a good place to work. A typical day for me in my first year included driving the forklift around to move stock, putting stock on shelves in the store, and helping customers. After my first year, a typical day became management breathing down my neck for personal reasons, cutting my hours back because they didn't like one medical diagnosis, being denied a promotion I was more than qualified for and was also the only applicant for. In the end I had to go to HR about the harassment from management, and even that process was ridiculous as management attempted to prevent me from calling HR, telling me the issue was all in my head. Management also did nothing to help me when a former employee showed up and pulled a hunting knife on me, they were upset that I had called the police.

Management has a saying, 'don't make things complicated in my store' but it was clearly a one way street as they sought to make my life there very complicated.
Pros
Free lunches during meetings, benefits, driving forklift
Cons
Lack of respect and basic dignity by management, poor advancement opportunities for anyone who isn't a conservative Christian.
terrible place to work poor management.
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  new minas28 July 2014
Not a very nice place to work management would look out for their own well being andforget about the other employees to much back stabbing .
Pros
good hours payed breaks
Cons
no consideration for amount of work done.
I loved what I did
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  NS5 March 2013
It was great, got to meet new people and talk to old friends! It was alot of fun and my employer respected me!