Kenra Professional has an exciting career opportunity for an Educator based in Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta. Kenra is an Indianapolis-based, privately held professional beauty company that is dedicated to providing performance-driven hair care products that stylists trust and that allow our customers to achieve their desired style. Our products are developed and manufactured to exceptionally high standards and can be found in quality salons throughout North America. Everything we do is aimed at ensuring our customers are happy and they achieve inner and outer beauty. Professional beauty is a passion for our employees; and consequently, we have high employee morale and satisfaction. Kenra is a fast-paced Company that embraces change and is guided by a culture that values integrity, passion, and relationships.
We are actively seeking an Educator to join our team. This position is responsible for developing and training stylists and salons of all levels on Kenra Professional’s product portfolio that will also include Kenra® Color. The Educator must remain current and able to effectively communicate all trends, techniques, and innovations within the professional beauty industry as it relates to all Kenra brands.
The Educator will perform territory needs analysis of their assigned region and report all class details to the Senior Education Manager on a monthly basis as well as prioritize the scheduling of all activities based on the individual territory plans.
Specific Responsibilities for the Educator:
- Coordinate with Senior Education Manager and Senior Regional Sales Managers on identifying territory and salon education needs
- Collaborate with education team developing unique and relevant training programs
- Provide monthly status reports to Senior Education Manager
- Conduct education classes for multiple brands within Kenra Professional that also includes Kenra® Color
- Work closely with Regional Managers within assigned territories
- Participate at distributor events as needed
- Educate distributor sales teams and stylists on technical information regarding Kenra Professional's complete product portfolio
- Transport all technical supplies and products needed for education events
- Effectively communicate pending education events to Regional Managers
- Support manufacturer and distributor events as requested
- Promote all Kenra Professional educational opportunities to salons and stylists to ensure consistency
- Support sales on all current field activities as needed
- Effectively execute all Kenra® Color in-salon and cluster classes as requested and as needed in the territory
- Provide additional marketing support to VP Marketing and travel to the corporate office when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Current cosmetology license and proven technical skills
- Experienced in teaching all levels of Color knowledge up to and including corrective color
- Experienced in curriculum development
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to adapt to different audience levels
- Strong proficiency in the ability to multitask
- Proficient in MS Office and database management
- Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills
- Reliable transportation
- A problem solver
- Valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance
- Travel up to 75% of the time as duties require which may include weekends
- Have a passion for the beauty industry and learning
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Clear communication skills
- Easily adaptable to change
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Located in or around Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta
Kenra offers an attractive compensation package, product discounts, and generous health and retirement benefit programs.
To learn more about our brands go to www.kenra.com.
No telephone calls, faxes or agencies please.
Kenra Professional, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with respect to recruitment, hiring, or any other status of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or any other category protected by law.