Small, dynamic public accounting firm is seeking a full-time Accounting Technician to join the practice. The firm has a strong set of core values with an emphasis on client service and is looking for the right person for our team.
Responsibilities will include a large variety of duties involving completion of compilation engagements, personal and corporate tax returns, bookkeeping as required and assistance on audit files. This position has potential for increased responsibilities depending on the skills of the candidate.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced staff accountant who has worked in a public accounting firm, and who wishes to work with a diverse number of clients focusing on client service. The role will be performed primarily within the office. Occasional travel to clients in the Greater Toronto Area may be required.
- Minimum three years' work experience in a public accounting firm in a similar role;
- Formal education (diploma or degree) in accounting. An accounting designation is not necessary but a combination of education and experience is mandatory;
- Personal and corporate tax experience.
- Experience working with owner-managed businesses is an asset.
- Work experience with Caseware, TaxPrep, Word and Excel software programs. Knowledge of other accounting software programs is an asset (examples: Simply Accounting/Sage 50, QuickBooks, and Accountedge/MYOB);
- Strong accuracy, attention to detail, investigative, and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage several tasks is necessary
- Ability to work overtime during peak work seasons.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Small, dynamic public accounting firm with specialty areas of owner-managed businesses, not-for-profit organizations and small business...