Kelseys Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Midland, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Everyone always gets the job done, fast and effectively, high stress environment. Fast paced work, friendly management.
Pros
Consistant Work
Cons
High Stress
kelseys
Hostesss (Former Employee) –  PeterboroughOctober 9, 2015
Working at Kelseys was such a great experience. My co-workers were amazing, I considered them family, they were so kind and supportive. It was such a safe environment, especially for a first job when you're just starting to learn new skills. I learned so much, mostly working closely with customers and being very talkative and making small talk, learning to be patient and be able to think very quickly on my feet and being able to problem solve. The hardest part of being a hostess at Kelseys was the random rushes but also, that was my favourite part.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
short hours
Warm and loving environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 23, 2015
Working at Kelsey's was a very wonderful experience for me, I got to meet a variety of amazing and fun people. Also I got the chance to learn new recipes and techniques in the kitchen. At Kelsey's I didn't feel that the work was hard, personally I really enjoy being in the kitchen and taking on challenges. From my point of view it was a very well organized establishment. I mostly enjoyed the fact that i was able to prepare meals and satisfied customers.
fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONApril 7, 2015
I enjoyed working here. I always had my hands full. Management and co-workers really worked well together. The most enjoyable part was being able to interact with children and make costumers happy.
Pros
always busy
Cons
short hours
Productive and fun workplace with interesting people to socialize with when the rush is over.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONApril 1, 2015
A typical day would be I come into the dish pit from clocking in and getting to work rinsing and throwing the dishes through the machine until the day is done. On busy day's I'd need to run pans through from the back sink several times due to them constantly being used. Closing would be washing the flips and the cutting boards and cleaning and closing down the pit. Co-workers were easy to get a long with, though I did not talk to them much because I was focusing on my work most the time. I learned faster efficient ways to clean the dishes and close down the pit as well as learning some of the work required for pantry. The hardest part though would be trying to keep up on during busy station.
fun work place
cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 12, 2014
I enjoyed this establishment, i worked many years.. had a great foundation with Kelseys.. The family they have there is amazing and the people and great to work with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long hours lots of weekend work
terrible
Prep Cook/Pantry (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMay 23, 2013
the staff were ignorant including managers wouldnt work there again
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
short hours
Great Bar and owners to work for
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, OnOctober 12, 2012
Really enjoyed my time at Kelsey's. For the most part, it was a great experience. Had issues dealing with the kitchen staff and their lack of commitment and passion for quality.
Very good place to start of in a restaurant business
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tecumseh, ONSeptember 11, 2012
I learned a lot of life skills here at Kelseys.Everyone worked great with each other.
Pros
maintainable hours
Cons
busy times
Don't work there
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 27, 2012
Not a good place to work, terrble training. Very bad kitchen times, bad management. Dont work there.
Pros
staff
Cons
everything else