Kelseys Original Roadhouse Employee Reviews

now closed
Line Supervisor/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 November 2017
The location is closed. As with most restaurants, there is no way to guarantee hours. It was enjoyable and fast paced. Management was ok but did change.
Fun coworkers
Line cook/Host (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 October 2017
The people who work here are great, always happy and laughing!

they put a lot of stress on the line cooks so when the restaurant is busy it is very hard on those in the back.
Cons
Fun place to work but does not advance from within the store
Hostess (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 October 2017
Hires from outside the company not from current employees who have worked for numerous years. Fun place to work if you are only looking for a few hours a week
Fast paced environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 October 2017
It was a fun place to work at overall. Very fast paced environment, Hardest part of job was to please the managers to a point where they appreciated it
Good
Hostess, waitress, busser, and food runner (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON15 September 2017
Had great people, the team acted like a family, it was fun and always trying to improve. They gave hard work recognition, and even if it was a long busy day, everyone made sure we were having at least one laugh that day
positive work environment
Richmond Street - Dishwasher/Host (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON11 September 2017
For the most part always knew what to expect going into work. Usually had a set Schedule and was notified before hand what my job duties were for that shift. overall a positive outgoing work environment.
fun and lively
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2017
Was an environment that was both fun and productive. Taught many skills and called for friendly and multi tasking responsibilities from staff. Being a supervisor allowed me to learn the fundamentals of both running a restaurants day to day needs and the importance of maintaining a professional yet fun environment with the staff.
Not what they promise
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON29 August 2017
The salary is not competive. Expect to be over worked and underpaid. Hours can be very long, there's a lack of communication on all fronts. The people can be great. Head office is not useful.
Cons
Low salary
Great work place
Bar Tender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 August 2017
As you enter the place you are welcomed by a magnificent setting, a delightful marriage of antique cut stones and the luxuries of modernity. Sitting in any table you have a wonderful view of the workshop-like kitchen where you can see the chefs working. For those who do not book a table and are waiting, there is a cosy lounge with aged leather armchairs and pictures of polo players displayed on the walls.
had a bit of fun here
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON27 July 2017
the atmosphere was awesome and the people I worked with in the back were even cooler. I really loved working at kelseys but the slow season kicked in and they had to let me go
Fun working with people that are always nice
Make sandwiches (Former Employee) –  Elmvale, ON16 July 2017
I really like my experience at Kelsey's I also liked working with people that always treated me with respect I was always on time we had some break of 30 minutes
Pros
Eat some left over food
Cons
long hour
horrible
Hostess (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 July 2017
not all Kelsey's are this way, probably just the one i was at. some of the people were nice however the management was terrible. i would not recommend this particular one.
Pros
food
Cons
everything
Productive workplace with opportunity to advance
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 June 2017
If you are the type of person to get bored easily, Kelsey's restaurants is a place for you because you are always busy and on your feet. There is almost no time to even think about being bored. There is always an opportunity to advance within the workplace (ex. hostess to server position) and the management provides you with effective training to easily transition into alternate roles in the restaurant.
Okay
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 June 2017
Kelsey's is what it is. More corporate-run blandness mixed in with some solid foundational business practices and a shopping mall just down the road will make it a destination for many.
Fun Place
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 June 2017
I loved working here! The hours weren't enough to cover what I needed, so it was time to move on. It can be very clicky so hopefully you'll fit in! Good luck.
Pros
nice managers
Cons
clicky staff
Kesley's
Dishwasher/Food Preparation/Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2017
Very fast pace environment but overall the workers there are friendly

Learned how to do my job as a Dishwasher under pressure and limited time. I was considered their fasted dishwasher in the end.

Hard working Staff members and Manager.

I enjoyed the friendly environment
outgstanding
Server (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON31 May 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working at Kelsey's. The staff and management at the restaurant truly make it a fun place to work. It is a fun face paced environment that i want to be apart of.
Pros
flexible schedual
Cons
no benefits
Good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON27 May 2017
Shifts had no end time which at times was inconvenient. Some employees were pretty rough around the edges. We did get 50%off the food when we had break.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Restaurant bizz kinda sucks
Fun workplace
CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON22 May 2017
This was a co-op position, a typical day consisted of 3 hours where I prepped food for chefs. when I wasn't prepping I would dish wash, sweep, mop and clean the walls.
The management was excellent, very flexible and accommodating with their staff. The hardest part was being quick and efficient. The enjoyable part was making friends and learning new recipes. I learned about cross contamination, expiration dates etc.
Productive and Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON15 May 2017
Kelsey's was a great place to work, everyone was always having fun even though everyone was so busy. Everyone came into work with a smile on their faces.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelseys Original Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.