Kelsey's Employee Reviews

had a bit of fun here
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON27 July 2017
the atmosphere was awesome and the people I worked with in the back were even cooler. I really loved working at kelseys but the slow season kicked in and they had to let me go
horrible
Hostess (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 July 2017
not all Kelsey's are this way, probably just the one i was at. some of the people were nice however the management was terrible. i would not recommend this particular one.
Pros
food
Cons
everything
Fun Place
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 June 2017
I loved working here! The hours weren't enough to cover what I needed, so it was time to move on. It can be very clicky so hopefully you'll fit in! Good luck.
Pros
nice managers
Cons
clicky staff
Good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON27 May 2017
Shifts had no end time which at times was inconvenient. Some employees were pretty rough around the edges. We did get 50%off the food when we had break.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Restaurant bizz kinda sucks
Good environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 April 2017
- management good and organized
- helpful employees
- generally clean
- kept busy
- hardest part of job is the cleaning
- enjoyable parts are with the other employees
Fast pace, and social workplace.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 April 2017
A typical day at work was steadily busy. There was always dishes to be washed, so breaks were mostly my own call. I learned how to work fast pace and accurately, to ensure costumers well experience. The management was okay, but they were not very great at making shift schedules. They would rarely work around people availability. The culture is fine, and social, majority co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job was to do a number of things in a short amount of time at the end of each shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing exceptional customer service.
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Late Night Shifts
fast paced
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 December 2016
its great if you're looking for minimum hours and love or like to cook. Co-workers are fun and can make the night or afternoon pass quickly.
Pros
Cara Discount
Cons
Not alot of hours
great place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 November 2016
- loved serving guests
-lots of shifts available
-lots of regulars came in so it was easy to make new contacts and friends
Pros
Great fun
Cons
Not very busy
Made to feel unwelcome
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 October 2016
New staff were made to feel unwelcome by fellow staff if the new person does not fit into their clique. the management was also part of the resturants cliques as management was one of the waitresses mother.
Pros
1 free meal per day
Cons
unwelcoming coworkers
Serving at Kelseys
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 September 2016
A typical work day for me at Kelsey's is opening the restaurant, talking with co-workers, and most importantly serving guests. Working mostly lunches, it is a hit and miss with the lunch rush. Wile working at Kelsey's, I learned about different foods, how to make different drinks, how to communicate and work through customer service issues. my co-workers were like a family and a team, so many of them have worked there for years, we have a really great bond. The hardest part of the job and actually the most enjoyable part of the job is the guests. I hate to say it but people can be jerks, and sometimes can be down right mean, but on the other side people can be wonderful. That is what I enjoy most about the job, getting that one table that makes your fay so much better.
Pros
always having cash on hand
Cons
my hours
Fun work place
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 July 2016
Everyone is very friendly and approachable. Staff is hardworking. Management can be more organized.Management if forgetful and a little to liegnent causing people to want to quit.
everyone is friendly.
Kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 July 2016
everyone was friendly and helped you out if you needed it. also everyone was really understanding with disabilities and heath issues.
Pros
free drinks.
Cons
.....
Server (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL31 May 2016
I really like working here, and I don't like that Indeed has a minimum word count for this kind of thing. Blah, blah blah blah blah
Fun Fast paced place to work!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 March 2016
Woking at Kelsey's you always felt happy to come to work! With all the employees and management being so kind it felt like family!
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Split Shifts
Kaitlin's Review
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2016
-Busy but learned a lot
- How to use point of sales
- great management
- co workers were great to work with and taught well
- having to balance side duties and customers
- my co workers and the things i learned
Life At Kelsey's
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON15 February 2016
Fun , fast paced enjoyable job with great staff and management that makes you feel welcomed . I have learned many great lessons from my day to day shifts that it can be swamped yet there can be ways to keep up and everyone works hard making it a great day .
Pros
Fun, Amazing work place
Cons
Shifts not Guaranteed .
Time well spent, fun, and productive work environment
Frontline cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 January 2016
A typical shift at Kelsey's would be prepping all food that needs to be ready for the evening shift, as well as doing all the portioning that was written down on the board by our "head chef" or supervisor on line. It was also the cooks duty to keep all condiments, sauces, and topping stocked, and fresh. These duties would be done in between orders that were coming in. There was a lot to be learnt working in a culinary work environment including cleanliness, hygiene, health code requirements, presentation of food, proper food preparation, proper work wear i.e: non slip shoes, fire retardant pants, and shirt. And the most important thing learnt, and used on a day to day basis would be teamwork. Nothing would run smoothly in the kitchen if everyone wasn't working together as a part of a functional team. I had the privilege of working with a lot of great people during my time at Kelsey's, including the management team. The hardest part of the job for me was holding back the urge to eat all the great food we made in that kitchen! And the most rewarding part of the job for me was getting compliments to chef's from customers in the restaurant.
Pros
discounted prices on food
Cons
call in shifts
Line cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON18 January 2016
Cooking different variety of foods while maintaining a time that the orders have to be done at. it was a part time job while i was in school to get some money to afford school.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Best workplace amazing sense of community
Hostess/Expeiditor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 January 2016
Kelsey's was not even a job to me, but more of a home. I arrived checked in and began work, learning new social skills daily. Management was excellent, as were the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was ensuring the food was perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with various types of people every shift.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Late hours
not run good
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 November 2015
i never get hours just not organized and always get put down mangers are very mean hardest part of the job is cleaning all the tables and getting told your doing nothing