Kelsey's Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 24, 2016
Everyone is very friendly and approachable. Staff is hardworking. Management can be more organized.Management if forgetful and a little to liegnent causing people to want to quit.
everyone is friendly.
Kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 13, 2016
everyone was friendly and helped you out if you needed it. also everyone was really understanding with disabilities and heath issues.
Pros
free drinks.
Cons
.....
Server (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLMay 31, 2016
I really like working here, and I don't like that Indeed has a minimum word count for this kind of thing. Blah, blah blah blah blah
Fun Fast paced place to work!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 16, 2016
Woking at Kelsey's you always felt happy to come to work! With all the employees and management being so kind it felt like family!
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Split Shifts
Kaitlin's Review
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2016
-Busy but learned a lot
- How to use point of sales
- great management
- co workers were great to work with and taught well
- having to balance side duties and customers
- my co workers and the things i learned
Life At Kelsey's
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Fun , fast paced enjoyable job with great staff and management that makes you feel welcomed . I have learned many great lessons from my day to day shifts that it can be swamped yet there can be ways to keep up and everyone works hard making it a great day .
Pros
Fun, Amazing work place
Cons
Shifts not Guaranteed .
Time well spent, fun, and productive work environment
Frontline cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 19, 2016
A typical shift at Kelsey's would be prepping all food that needs to be ready for the evening shift, as well as doing all the portioning that was written down on the board by our "head chef" or supervisor on line. It was also the cooks duty to keep all condiments, sauces, and topping stocked, and fresh. These duties would be done in between orders that were coming in. There was a lot to be learnt working in a culinary work environment including cleanliness, hygiene, health code requirements, presentation of food, proper food preparation, proper work wear i.e: non slip shoes, fire retardant pants, and shirt. And the most important thing learnt, and used on a day to day basis would be teamwork. Nothing would run smoothly in the kitchen if everyone wasn't working together as a part of a functional team. I had the privilege of working with a lot of great people during my time at Kelsey's, including the management team. The hardest part of the job for me was holding back the urge to eat all the great food we made in that kitchen! And the most rewarding part of the job for me was getting compliments to chef's from customers in the restaurant.
Pros
discounted prices on food
Cons
call in shifts
Line cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Cooking different variety of foods while maintaining a time that the orders have to be done at. it was a part time job while i was in school to get some money to afford school.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Best workplace amazing sense of community
Hostess/Expeiditor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Kelsey's was not even a job to me, but more of a home. I arrived checked in and began work, learning new social skills daily. Management was excellent, as were the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was ensuring the food was perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with various types of people every shift.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Late hours
not run good
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 12, 2015
i never get hours just not organized and always get put down mangers are very mean hardest part of the job is cleaning all the tables and getting told your doing nothing
Fun work enviroment and fasted passed
Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 21, 2015
Kelsey's is a great restaurant to work for! The people who work here are amazing they are intelligent, motivated, very helpful and lots of fun to work with. I have learned to have fun and really connect with your guests which is a plus, because they will always come back! The management team pushes there staff to the best they can be and really encourages them to do there best. Feedback is one way the management team really hears about the staff and its a great way to encourage them to do so. The management team puts together a little game to see who gets as many feedback's as possible and will get free dinner for yourself and a kitchen partner you are paired with. Additionally, Kelsey's invests a lot in training there staff, which helps with personal and professional growth not only individually but as a team as well. It is very exciting to be part of such an amazing warm welcoming team!
Pros
Free Coffee! Fun workplace
Cons
Not a residental area for housing and families
Productive, fun work environment
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 19, 2015
Fun place to work, great staff and managers. Great customers, enjoy interacting with them. Enjoy the atmosphere the restaurant has every time I work. I like to work with different challenges everyday.
fun,safe and enjoyable place to work
Host/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  London ONMay 13, 2015
In a typical day at work I would Host, which included greeting and seating people and taking their drink orders. I learned so much about how to read and respect the costumers and their wishes. i also learned how to separate life from work and gained great people skills.
Fun ppl to work with.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Sudbury,ONApril 29, 2015
I personally did not enjoy my time there as the training was a joke and the possibility of more hours and advancement opportunities did not exist.
Very efficient and satisfying work environment
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 28, 2015
I would start off usually on Saturdays and Sundays opening the bar, preparing my station and setting and take down of the bar tables. I would also do my own roll ups and cut the required amount of garnishes for the day. I learned restaurant bar experience from Kelsey and alot of time management. The staff and management are great at this location. They were very flexible with my schedule. The hardest part of my job was learning to open the restaurant by myself and also became my favourite part of it.
fun and creative workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 6, 2015
working at kelseys was one of the best jobs i have ever had. i loved it. the only downside was the management, and the ability to advance. it was always a laugh at work and there was always something fun going on behind the scenes
Love it
Server/ Waiter, Lindsay (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, NBMarch 20, 2015
Working with the best servers i believe in canada always so happy and upbeat and very great service always smiling and great food and environment what else could you ask for in a job
Amazing Work Environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Incredible people to work for. Always have a smile on. Always ensure you are enjoying your job and think of creative ways to make the workplace fun.
Fun place to work, not enough hours.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ONDecember 14, 2014
Although I'm constantly told I'm doing a good job, I'm only getting 2 or 3 shifts a week, which are usually only 3-5 hours long. I love working with the people, and I love being able to actually interact with customers as opposed to just being in the back, I feel like I'm not getting the number of hours I should be getting
Pros
great discounts on food
Cons
short shifts
fun busy place to work
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara FallsSeptember 28, 2014
typical day included but were not limited to:
Prep
Cooking food
Cleaning
Pros
good food, good employees
Cons
long hours, very busy