Kelsey's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Line cook
Line Cook (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Free Meal
Cons: Long hours
Cooking different variety of foods while maintaining a time that the orders have to be done at. it was a part time job while i was in school to get some money to afford school.
Best workplace amazing sense of community
Hostess/Expeiditor (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Discount on food
Cons: Late hours
Kelsey's was not even a job to me, but more of a home. I arrived checked in and began work, learning new social skills daily. Management was excellent, as were the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was ensuring the food was perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with various types of people every shift.
not run good
Hostess (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 12, 2015
i never get hours just not organized and always get put down mangers are very mean hardest part of the job is cleaning all the tables and getting told your doing nothing
Never again
Host/Hostess (Former Employee), TillsonburgOctober 4, 2015
Pros: 20% off meals, 50% off during or after your shift.
Cons: Management, Unpredictable hours
Was told I was doing an "awesome" job only to have them hire someone else and all of my hours given to them (without even firing me). I quit four weeks after they hired the one who took all my hours.
Management seemed as though they didn't care. They were not overly concerned as to how the employees felt at work. The atmosphere was constantly tense, as I would get yelled at for small things (Managers would pick favourites).
As for colleagues, I enjoyed working with the other servers and hosts. They are all fun loving, down to earth people. I've developed great relationships with them through my short time at Kelsey's.
Fun work enviroment and fasted passed
Server (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee! Fun workplace
Cons: Not a residental area for housing and families
Kelsey's is a great restaurant to work for! The people who work here are amazing they are intelligent, motivated, very helpful and lots of fun to work with. I have learned to have fun and really connect with your guests which is a plus, because they will always come back! The management team pushes there staff to the best they can be and really encourages them to do there best. Feedback is one way the management team really hears about the staff and its a great way to encourage them to do so. The management team puts together a little game to see who gets as many feedback's as possible and will get free dinner for yourself and a kitchen partner you are paired with. Additionally, Kelsey's invests a lot in training there staff, which helps with personal and professional growth not only individually but as a team as well. It is very exciting to be part of such an amazing warm welcoming team!
Productive, fun work environment
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 19, 2015
Fun place to work, great staff and managers. Great customers, enjoy interacting with them. Enjoy the atmosphere the restaurant has every time I work. I like to work with different challenges everyday.
fun,safe and enjoyable place to work
Host/Food Prep (Former Employee), London ONMay 13, 2015
In a typical day at work I would Host, which included greeting and seating people and taking their drink orders. I learned so much about how to read and respect the costumers and their wishes. i also learned how to separate life from work and gained great people skills.
Fun ppl to work with.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Sudbury,ONApril 29, 2015
I personally did not enjoy my time there as the training was a joke and the possibility of more hours and advancement opportunities did not exist.
Very efficient and satisfying work environment
Server / Bartender (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 28, 2015
I would start off usually on Saturdays and Sundays opening the bar, preparing my station and setting and take down of the bar tables. I would also do my own roll ups and cut the required amount of garnishes for the day. I learned restaurant bar experience from Kelsey and alot of time management. The staff and management are great at this location. They were very flexible with my schedule. The hardest part of my job was learning to open the restaurant by myself and also became my favourite part of it.
fun and creative workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 6, 2015
working at kelseys was one of the best jobs i have ever had. i loved it. the only downside was the management, and the ability to advance. it was always a laugh at work and there was always something fun going on behind the scenes
Love it
Server/ Waiter, Lindsay (Current Employee), Lindsay, NBMarch 20, 2015
Working with the best servers i believe in canada always so happy and upbeat and very great service always smiling and great food and environment what else could you ask for in a job
Amazing Work Environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Bracebridge, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Incredible people to work for. Always have a smile on. Always ensure you are enjoying your job and think of creative ways to make the workplace fun.
Fun place to work, not enough hours.
Hostess (Current Employee), Stratford, ONDecember 14, 2014
Pros: great discounts on food
Cons: short shifts
Although I'm constantly told I'm doing a good job, I'm only getting 2 or 3 shifts a week, which are usually only 3-5 hours long. I love working with the people, and I love being able to actually interact with customers as opposed to just being in the back, I feel like I'm not getting the number of hours I should be getting
fun busy place to work
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Niagara FallsSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good food, good employees
Cons: long hours, very busy
typical day included but were not limited to:
Prep
Cooking food
Cleaning
A Good Starting Job
Food Prep / Line Cook (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 28, 2014
Pros: friendly, close to home, easy work, fast pace environment
Cons: not enough hours, not much room to grow.
I run a team of 2-3 in the position of Fryers. I call board and make sure everything goes down in a timely manner and that the food lines up with other sections of the line. I am a clean freak; my section can not be over crowded or dirty it has to be spotless. House keeping is my speciality.
Friendly and works around your hours
Line Cook (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONJune 23, 2014
It has friendly people and a good work environment but minimum wage and sub par hours
kelseys review
Line Cook (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 9, 2014
my experience at kelsey's was ok. i liked my job, but management was lazy.it was unfortunate because it was a fun place to work, and most co workers truly cared about their job.
Great development opportunities
General Manager (Former Employee), OttawaFebruary 17, 2014
Various shifts must be available for all of them, not allowed to have an availability. 50 hour work week required no overtime. A great team lots of relationships made.
Exciting
Line Cook (Former Employee), ottawa ontarioFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: distance from home
Working at Kelsey's was an eye opener. It gave me a better look at a fast paced kitchen and then eventually led to me becoming one of the heads of the kitchen. Perhaps different management or location could have resulted in it not closing.
Productive and efficient workplace
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 3, 2013
A typical day at work includes doing morning administrative tasks such as counting, receiving and ordering inventory, reconciling any inventory variances, counting cash, checking for reservations and much more. After the daily tasks are completed, I move on to do any bookkeeping required such as posting invoices, entering daily sales, reconciling bank statements, preparing cheques etc.

The position has provided experience with Simply Accounting software, which is very valuable for my career. I have been finally able to apply my knowledge in accounting.