Kelsey's

Kelsey's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun,safe and enjoyable place to work
Host/Food Prep (Former Employee), London ONMay 13, 2015
In a typical day at work I would Host, which included greeting and seating people and taking their drink orders. I learned so much about how to read and respect the costumers and their wishes. i also learned how to separate life from work and gained great people skills.
Fun ppl to work with.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Sudbury,ONApril 29, 2015
I personally did not enjoy my time there as the training was a joke and the possibility of more hours and advancement opportunities did not exist.
Very efficient and satisfying work environment
Server / Bartender (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 28, 2015
I would start off usually on Saturdays and Sundays opening the bar, preparing my station and setting and take down of the bar tables. I would also do my own roll ups and cut the required amount of garnishes for the day. I learned restaurant bar experience from Kelsey and alot of time management. The staff and management are great at this location. They were very flexible with my schedule. The hardest part of my job was learning to open the restaurant by myself and also became my favourite part of it.
fun and creative workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 6, 2015
working at kelseys was one of the best jobs i have ever had. i loved it. the only downside was the management, and the ability to advance. it was always a laugh at work and there was always something fun going on behind the scenes
Love it
Server/ Waiter, Lindsay (Current Employee), Lindsay, NBMarch 20, 2015
Working with the best servers i believe in canada always so happy and upbeat and very great service always smiling and great food and environment what else could you ask for in a job
Amazing Work Environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Bracebridge, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Incredible people to work for. Always have a smile on. Always ensure you are enjoying your job and think of creative ways to make the workplace fun.
Fun place to work, not enough hours.
Hostess (Current Employee), Stratford, ONDecember 14, 2014
Pros: great discounts on food
Cons: short shifts
Although I'm constantly told I'm doing a good job, I'm only getting 2 or 3 shifts a week, which are usually only 3-5 hours long. I love working with the people, and I love being able to actually interact with customers as opposed to just being in the back, I feel like I'm not getting the number of hours I should be getting
fun busy place to work
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Niagara FallsSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good food, good employees
Cons: long hours, very busy
typical day included but were not limited to:
Prep
Cooking food
Cleaning
A Good Starting Job
Food Prep / Line Cook (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 28, 2014
Pros: friendly, close to home, easy work, fast pace environment
Cons: not enough hours, not much room to grow.
I run a team of 2-3 in the position of Fryers. I call board and make sure everything goes down in a timely manner and that the food lines up with other sections of the line. I am a clean freak; my section can not be over crowded or dirty it has to be spotless. House keeping is my speciality.
Friendly and works around your hours
Line Cook (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONJune 23, 2014
It has friendly people and a good work environment but minimum wage and sub par hours
kelseys review
Line Cook (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 9, 2014
my experience at kelsey's was ok. i liked my job, but management was lazy.it was unfortunate because it was a fun place to work, and most co workers truly cared about their job.
Great development opportunities
General Manager (Former Employee), OttawaFebruary 17, 2014
Various shifts must be available for all of them, not allowed to have an availability. 50 hour work week required no overtime. A great team lots of relationships made.
Exciting
Line Cook (Former Employee), ottawa ontarioFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: distance from home
Working at Kelsey's was an eye opener. It gave me a better look at a fast paced kitchen and then eventually led to me becoming one of the heads of the kitchen. Perhaps different management or location could have resulted in it not closing.
Productive and efficient workplace
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 3, 2013
A typical day at work includes doing morning administrative tasks such as counting, receiving and ordering inventory, reconciling any inventory variances, counting cash, checking for reservations and much more. After the daily tasks are completed, I move on to do any bookkeeping required such as posting invoices, entering daily sales, reconciling bank statements, preparing cheques etc.

The position has provided experience with Simply Accounting software, which is very valuable for my career. I have been finally able to apply my knowledge in accounting.
good work/life balance for students
Line Cook (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 4, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: no free food
great place to work for students as schedules are balanced. learn alot of basic skills for cooking. along with cooking styles
Kelsey's
Hostess/Expeditor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJune 18, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: i'd compare the former management to helicopter moms
I would come in in the mornings and help the opening server get the dining room ready for the day. Help stock up the side stands, roll cutlery and any other task that wasn't finished the night before. Once open, I greeted guests, provided menus and escorted them to their seats. I doubled as a busser during the day clearing and resetting tables on top of my hostess duties. I looked after the main lobby, front doors, hostess stand and the public washrooms. Before my shift was over, I needed to make sure everything was clean and restocked for the next person to come in/for the morning.
worked people to the bones
Cook (Former Employee), Nepean, ONMarch 7, 2013
Great people to work there, was understaffed I ended up working 23 days in a row from being called in, I didn't mind because of the money I got but still was pretty bad.
fun, and a good healthy worplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: free pop
Cons: unorganized sometimes
I learned how to clean dishes and felt good of how nice my coworkers were.
overall experience
Cook/Food Prep (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: one free meal a shift
Cons: training new people, when it was busy
When working at kelseys i learned how to prep food, how to keep a clean area. and what customers expected with their food

working at kelseys was always fun but also a work enviorment.
we worked just as hard as we played

the management was great aswell.

the hardest part of working there, would have to be working wing nights. it was always very stressful and crazy busy. but at the end of the day, everyone still could have a joke or two.
Co-op student
Kitchen Assistant/Line Cook (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
I worked here as a coop student
This is a great place to learn the food industry as it is very fast paced and busy.