Kelsey's Employee Reviews

Serving at Kelseys
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 September 2016
A typical work day for me at Kelsey's is opening the restaurant, talking with co-workers, and most importantly serving guests. Working mostly lunches, it is a hit and miss with the lunch rush. Wile working at Kelsey's, I learned about different foods, how to make different drinks, how to communicate and work through customer service issues. my co-workers were like a family and a team, so many of them have worked there for years, we have a really great bond. The hardest part of the job and actually the most enjoyable part of the job is the guests. I hate to say it but people can be jerks, and sometimes can be down right mean, but on the other side people can be wonderful. That is what I enjoy most about the job, getting that one table that makes your fay so much better.
Pros
always having cash on hand
Cons
my hours
Made to feel unwelcome
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 October 2016
New staff were made to feel unwelcome by fellow staff if the new person does not fit into their clique. the management was also part of the resturants cliques as management was one of the waitresses mother.
Pros
1 free meal per day
Cons
unwelcoming coworkers
great place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 November 2016
- loved serving guests
-lots of shifts available
-lots of regulars came in so it was easy to make new contacts and friends
Pros
Great fun
Cons
Not very busy
Fun work place
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 July 2016
Everyone is very friendly and approachable. Staff is hardworking. Management can be more organized.Management if forgetful and a little to liegnent causing people to want to quit.
everyone is friendly.
Kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 July 2016
everyone was friendly and helped you out if you needed it. also everyone was really understanding with disabilities and heath issues.
Pros
free drinks.
Cons
.....
Best workplace amazing sense of community
Hostess/Expeiditor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 January 2016
Kelsey's was not even a job to me, but more of a home. I arrived checked in and began work, learning new social skills daily. Management was excellent, as were the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was ensuring the food was perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with various types of people every shift.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Late hours
Life At Kelsey's
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON15 February 2016
Fun , fast paced enjoyable job with great staff and management that makes you feel welcomed . I have learned many great lessons from my day to day shifts that it can be swamped yet there can be ways to keep up and everyone works hard making it a great day .
Pros
Fun, Amazing work place
Cons
Shifts not Guaranteed .
Server (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL31 May 2016
I really like working here, and I don't like that Indeed has a minimum word count for this kind of thing. Blah, blah blah blah blah
Kaitlin's Review
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2016
-Busy but learned a lot
- How to use point of sales
- great management
- co workers were great to work with and taught well
- having to balance side duties and customers
- my co workers and the things i learned
Fun Fast paced place to work!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 March 2016
Woking at Kelsey's you always felt happy to come to work! With all the employees and management being so kind it felt like family!
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Split Shifts
Line cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON18 January 2016
Cooking different variety of foods while maintaining a time that the orders have to be done at. it was a part time job while i was in school to get some money to afford school.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Very efficient and satisfying work environment
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 April 2015
I would start off usually on Saturdays and Sundays opening the bar, preparing my station and setting and take down of the bar tables. I would also do my own roll ups and cut the required amount of garnishes for the day. I learned restaurant bar experience from Kelsey and alot of time management. The staff and management are great at this location. They were very flexible with my schedule. The hardest part of my job was learning to open the restaurant by myself and also became my favourite part of it.
Fun work enviroment and fasted passed
Server (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2015
Kelsey's is a great restaurant to work for! The people who work here are amazing they are intelligent, motivated, very helpful and lots of fun to work with. I have learned to have fun and really connect with your guests which is a plus, because they will always come back! The management team pushes there staff to the best they can be and really encourages them to do there best. Feedback is one way the management team really hears about the staff and its a great way to encourage them to do so. The management team puts together a little game to see who gets as many feedback's as possible and will get free dinner for yourself and a kitchen partner you are paired with. Additionally, Kelsey's invests a lot in training there staff, which helps with personal and professional growth not only individually but as a team as well. It is very exciting to be part of such an amazing warm welcoming team!
Pros
Free Coffee! Fun workplace
Cons
Not a residental area for housing and families
Time well spent, fun, and productive work environment
Frontline cook (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 January 2016
A typical shift at Kelsey's would be prepping all food that needs to be ready for the evening shift, as well as doing all the portioning that was written down on the board by our "head chef" or supervisor on line. It was also the cooks duty to keep all condiments, sauces, and topping stocked, and fresh. These duties would be done in between orders that were coming in. There was a lot to be learnt working in a culinary work environment including cleanliness, hygiene, health code requirements, presentation of food, proper food preparation, proper work wear i.e: non slip shoes, fire retardant pants, and shirt. And the most important thing learnt, and used on a day to day basis would be teamwork. Nothing would run smoothly in the kitchen if everyone wasn't working together as a part of a functional team. I had the privilege of working with a lot of great people during my time at Kelsey's, including the management team. The hardest part of the job for me was holding back the urge to eat all the great food we made in that kitchen! And the most rewarding part of the job for me was getting compliments to chef's from customers in the restaurant.
Pros
discounted prices on food
Cons
call in shifts
not run good
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 November 2015
i never get hours just not organized and always get put down mangers are very mean hardest part of the job is cleaning all the tables and getting told your doing nothing
Productive and efficient workplace
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 December 2013
A typical day at work includes doing morning administrative tasks such as counting, receiving and ordering inventory, reconciling any inventory variances, counting cash, checking for reservations and much more. After the daily tasks are completed, I move on to do any bookkeeping required such as posting invoices, entering daily sales, reconciling bank statements, preparing cheques etc.

The position has provided experience with Simply Accounting software, which is very valuable for my career. I have been finally able to apply my knowledge in accounting.
overall experience
Cook/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON11 February 2013
When working at kelseys i learned how to prep food, how to keep a clean area. and what customers expected with their food

working at kelseys was always fun but also a work enviorment.
we worked just as hard as we played

the management was great aswell.

the hardest part of working there, would have to be working wing nights. it was always very stressful and crazy busy. but at the end of the day, everyone still could have a joke or two.
Pros
one free meal a shift
Cons
training new people, when it was busy
Good environment
CHEF/COOK (Current Employee) –  Maple ON10 June 2012
A typical day at work would be hard to explain really because were talking about a resturant.

I learned many things at the resturant because I started off as a dishwasher and now i work on line as a cook.

management is great they are very freindly.

co-workers are also the same freindly and kind treat you as they wanted to be treated themselves.

the hardest part of the job would be working with a crowded line where as there is absoultely no space to move around.

the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with co-operative people who are willing to listen and learn.
Pros
free lunches, freindly co-workers, fast paced environment
Cons
short hours and a very low pay
Fun and efficient workplace.
Line Cook & Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Ontario24 September 2012
A typical day at Kelsey's is about working hard to get everything done while having a laugh with enjoyable coworkers. I was trained across the line at Kelsey's, from every part of the kitchen to front of house where I hosted and served guests.

The hardest part of the job involved trying to juggle too many tasks at once. Some days I took on more work than I should have. The most enjoyable part was the plethora of personalities that made such a great team to work with.
Kelsey's
Hostess/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 June 2013
I would come in in the mornings and help the opening server get the dining room ready for the day. Help stock up the side stands, roll cutlery and any other task that wasn't finished the night before. Once open, I greeted guests, provided menus and escorted them to their seats. I doubled as a busser during the day clearing and resetting tables on top of my hostess duties. I looked after the main lobby, front doors, hostess stand and the public washrooms. Before my shift was over, I needed to make sure everything was clean and restocked for the next person to come in/for the morning.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
I'd compare the former management to helicopter moms