A dynamic individual for the role of Executive Assistant to provide reliable, timely, efficient support to our development and leasing team in Western Canada, based in Kelowna. The position encompasses working with a diverse group of internal and external Stakeholders at all levels of the organization, and the individual will require the independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload. This role provides a wide variety of support services to the development team and the successful candidate will be detail oriented with strong organizational skills and have a team player attitude.
1) Prioritize income generating tasks first before beginning routine tasks.
2) Compile market information and statistics on the local commercial real estate market; conduct research and collect information materials on market fundamentals, ownership, tenants, and economic analysis
3) Conduct research to support marketing materials, publications, reports and deliverables to the CEO.
4) Ensure the integrity of comparable data, new development information, and applicable information on city planning changes/issues; apply technical and analytical skills to disseminate market data and ensure data integrity
5) Contribute to local market research requests: market snapshots, market overviews, topic specific research to support presentations and leasing opportunities.
6) Analyze market demographics to look for new niches. Contact local economic development councils or community groups to find demographic information about communities our projects are in.
7)Coordinate and manage daily, weekly and quarterly research tasks.
8) Maintain routine contacts with graphic designers, printers, mailers and other vendors to ensure that deadlines are met.
9) Enter new contact names, address, and emails from information request, project tours and other sources in our database. Make address corrections as they are received our databases.
10) Coordinate mail flow by scheduling and tracking direct mailings to prospects and past clients synched with our database to create merged letters and other correspondence.
11) Proofread materials, such as advertising copy, personal letters to top clients and direct mail promotions, for content and clarity.
12) Contribute to special initiatives, such as: annual/semi-annual publications.
13) Assemble project information packages using our standard format.
14) Communicate with existing Tenants in our projects at least once a quarter to check on their needs and ensure Tenants understand we care about their concerns and needs.
15) Keep CEO and Directors updated with all communication with Stakeholders, Tenants, Investors and Service Providers.
16) Plan all special projects with an action plan to assure there is a record of time and cost for all special projects to be evaluated at the end of each year for the following year.
17) Plan a daily to do list and discuss/present to CEO to assure each activity is a priority to both the CEO and the assistant. This needs to be reviewed the beginning of each day.
18) Carrying out clerical tasks or arrange for others to do such tasks as stuffing envelopes and hand delivering documents.
Coordinate all leasing documentation using a checklist attached to ensure continuity and good communication between CEO, Agent , Tenant and assistant.
Keep a contact record on forms provided on all Tenants.
Keep strict tabs on deadlines in Offers to Lease and Leases including:
Subject condition waiver dates
Tenant Allowance payment dates
Double check that Tenants submit all relevant documentation to applicable team members as due.
Monitored and maintained so that it is never outdated and always striving to be slightly ahead of what every Tenant may need while searching for a property.
Keep property information and Agent information current, ensuring that all prospects/investors have the most up to date information available.
Respond to basic emails request for information in a timely manner. Create standardized email documents describing project and instructions on how to locate appropriate team members on the web.
3+ years of relevant experience
Proficiency with all applicable software packages including but not limited to MS Windows; MS Office, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; Adobe Professional, X, or Standard; MLS.
Excellent computer skills are essential in this position, as real estate administrative assistants may also use property management software, and graphic design programs
Good verbal and written communication skills . This position may require the creation of brochures or fliers to showcase available properties.
Excellent time management and have strong organizational skills, especially when performing administrative duties for a company that manages multiple projects.
Able to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
May require on-call activity after regular office hours
Operates with a sense of urgency, quickly responding to team members, clients, investors, tenants and stakeholders.
Positive and professional attitude.
Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
Able to work well independently.
Proactive and take initiative.
Able to maintain confidentiality, utilize judgment, and work with minimal supervision.
EXPERIENCE IN REAL ESTATE