Kelly Services Employee Reviews

A great company for finding temporary positions.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2014
Was excellent when I needed a quick temp or contract job. Were able to find what I was looking for, found suitable positions both to fit my skill set as well as my personality.
Don't complain
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 July 2014
Any complaints filed against this company while employed through them will get you removed quickly
Standard Job Placement Agency
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2014
Kelly Staffing Services is a typical job placement agency. They'll find you a placement if it's in their best interest to do so, but don't expect much else. I was able to find a long term temporary position through them, but the job was quite different than expected. I was moved around to different positions within the company with no warning. My workload was huge, I didn't have any support for help and at times I wasn't able to take breaks in order to finished everything. My work hours were changed. I was expected to train permanent employees when I myself was still temporary and wasn't getting any company benefits and being paid less than the people I was training. I relayed some of my concerns to Kelly Staffing and they weren't very receptive. I got the impression that I since I had a job I should just be happy with what I was given. I left after a few months and did not try to seek further employment through the agency. They never contacted me to ask my reasons for leaving.
Pros
good way to find work and gain new experience, paid weekly
Cons
not helpful, no benefits or paid time off
Assignment was diverse.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2014
Kelly's itself is not a great company to deal with. The assignment at Imperial however was extremely interesting, the people were great and I enjoyed going to work each day. I was able to put my many skills to the test and the job was very diverse.
Pros
Very flexible.
Cons
Eventual move out of the dowtown core.
Professional environment
Measurements and Data/Report Analyst/IBM (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 June 2014
A Professional Environment
Measurements and Data/Report Analyst at IBM (Former Employee), Markham, ON – June 12, 2014
Kelly Services carefully choose the right candidate and client for the job. Once selected and posted, they have trust on their employees. Office staffs and coordinators were very professional and onsite managers were very helpful.

Thank you!
Always learning something new
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 June 2014
You get to meet a lot of people with lots of opportunities to decide what you would like to do.
A decent job for people looking to pick up some hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 May 2014
This was a temporary position at the Toyota plant in Cambridge doing quality control and inspection of the parts before they are installed on the vehicles. A decent job for students trying to earn money over the summer though you will have to work night shift on a rotational basis.
amazng temp angency
line sorter (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 May 2014
great for temp hours but unfortunetly I need a full time job as I have 5 children to support at home
Fun
Receptionist Mobile Life Screening (Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 May 2014
I was able to complete tasks with out silly office politics and was able to build a positive relation with clientele.
Pros
Independent working
Cons
Was to short of an assignment
Nissan Canada Finance/Kelly Services
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Mississauga28 April 2014
Working for Nissan Canada Finance/Kelly Services 6 Yrs
No advancement
No Growth
No Bonus
No Paid Sick Days
No Personal days
Joined on 4 MONTHS TEMP contract and its 6 YRS still working at same position. Every day my part time job is to find a new job.

my colleagues worked 10 YRS TEMP thought they will going to be PERMANENT Finally GAVE UP and LEFT.
Good Luck working at NISSAN CANADA FINANCE HEAD QUARTERS.
Cons
NO ADVANCEMENT NO BONUS NO PERSONAL DAYS NO PAID SICK DAYS
Excellent work experience
Installer/swapper of computers (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 April 2014
working is all hands on
nothing to hard
able to work with others
Very attentive to employee needs
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 April 2014
People very kind to deal with and very informative. Patient with me calling in for job opportunities.
Not a place to start a career
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 April 2014
Every job was a little different and a job's duration could range from just hours to weeks and very occasionally months. Management tells you they have "Jobs, lots of jobs" and lots of permanent jobs. In all the years I've worked with them I've only met one person who got a permanent job with them.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
low pay, not paid for lunch, short-term temp jobs, management people and policies always changing
Cementing department of a factory
Manufacturing labourer (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 March 2014
Easy work; simple and straight-forward.

Management was very nice and cooperative.

Co-workers are nice and helpful.
Pros
flexible hours, paid weekly
Cons
lack of hours
it was an alright place to work
Shipper / Receiver at the Queen's Book store (Former Employee) –  Kingston Ontario25 March 2014
I worked as a shipping supervisor where i unloaded trucks shipped off goods using fed x and other shipping company's. I also kept my bay cleaned and did a 3 man job alone.

The hardest part of the job was having to ship hundreds of boxes to different locations and to multi task a lot of work to keep myself caught up with my work.

I loved the people i worked with they made it an enjoyable work enviroment.
Waste of time.
I don't even know what they call us. (Former Employee) –  Kingston Ontario23 March 2014
When I signed up for Kelly services I was truly mislead. They had advertised ONLY the position they had to offer and neglected to tell me that by applying I was also signing up for their service. Boy was I in for a surprise.
Had I have known I would be thrown into jobs I had literally no training for, had I have known I'd be working a job that was worth $18:00 an hour and receiving merely minimum wage for all my hard work, had I have known that I'd be told that I would eventually be hired full time, then strung out like dirty laundry after spending 6 months of my life working my fingers to the bone to impress my employer, only to be shafted with two weeks to find a job because there are "just no more hours for me", I would have been more careful singing up for the job in the first place.

All in all, Kelly services lied to me from the get go. They roped me in to their head hunting company without even a hint of what was to come, and made me work for basically peanuts with absolutely no pay off. I was treated poorly at my job and cleaned up after everyone's mistakes, hoping I would eventually be hired and it was all for nothing.

A huge waste of time.
Pros
I made SOME money I suppose.
Cons
Literally everything. Seriously. Don't do it unless you absolutely have to.
Workplace Agency
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Kraft20 March 2014
offer temporary work
workplace Agent offered temporary work at Kraft
Temp work used like toilet paper
Manufacturing Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 March 2014
Was ok at first. Kelly services screwed up my work schedule several times causing me to be dismissed by one employer. Worked for a dairy company on my next assignment. Was sexually harassed by a worker for for the dairy company. I complained about it and was dismissed by dairy company. Kelly services did nothing to protect my rights and was released by Kelly services. Was used like a peice toilet paper. Far to many people willing to be treated like that thinking they will be hired permanently by an employer. I was able to get into second careers and took a heavy equipment coarse. I am now making $40 / hour. Kelly services sucks. I would not work for the leaches again
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Helpful staff but very little consistency with weekly hours.
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 March 2014
Factory/line work is the majority of opportunities available while I worked there. Like most people I was overqualified and under utilized. Sometimes I would get a call 2 hours before scheduled start to have the rest of the week cancelled. They also called and cancelled twice in one day. Very unreliable working at Ferrero factory. Kellys staff was friendly and helpful as they should be.
machine operating and packaging
Packer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 March 2014
packing candies into boxes and cases
operate machine in packing candies
good coordination with employees
helping with co-employee
cleaning the machine when changing sugar to sugar free
when smoothly operating the machine
Pros
somtimes gift packages
Cons
overtime frequently