Kelly Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Very quiet no stressfull
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONAugust 16, 2012
taking calls for computer repairs under warranty, following up on the repairs for a 3 days turn around time

Learned much about customer service

Co-workers were quiet but always willing to lend a hand

the hardest job was the waiting around sometimes not busy enough

No stress job
Pros
additional days added to long weekend
Cons
very slow paced
I like the work enviornment.
Bids Desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 22, 2013
I had very minimum training when i joined here .All of my Team members had to leave the team when i join here. Most of the day i got training through Lotus notes- Same time. But now i'm as a team leader and trained all other people and leading the team.
I learned all the process by in house manual and im really enjoy the day to day work. I m really fast learner.
Given the ability to learn beyond the assignment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 26, 2013
Kelly Services is a temporary agency, that contracted its employees to other business's on a temporary basis. I enjoyed working at each assignment I was given, the people are very friendly and often allow you to work outside you given contract to advance my knowledge of business practices.
Pros
choice of assignement
Cons
temporary wor
Assignment was diverse.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 19, 2014
Kelly's itself is not a great company to deal with. The assignment at Imperial however was extremely interesting, the people were great and I enjoyed going to work each day. I was able to put my many skills to the test and the job was very diverse.
Pros
very flexible.
Cons
eventual move out of the dowtown core.
Productive workplace with flexible hours
Administrative Assistant/Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Work was routine
Learnt a variety of office procedures
Management was accommodating and hours were flexible
Co-workers were always helpful
Hardest part of the job was different job locations
Learning variety of administrative procedures
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
travelling to different locations
Good Placement
Packager (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 11, 2012
I had a very good job placement. My one criticism is that they are not very good when it comes to placing you in different assignments. After the one placement, I would call for other assignments and never see one. This is one thing that all employment agencies can improve upon I think, not just Kelly Services.
Pros
good client, great placement
Cons
extreme job insecurity
A decent job for people looking to pick up some hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 28, 2014
This was a temporary position at the Toyota plant in Cambridge doing quality control and inspection of the parts before they are installed on the vehicles. A decent job for students trying to earn money over the summer though you will have to work night shift on a rotational basis.
Productive and fun work environment.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 23, 2013
Kelly Services is a well organized and functional staffing agency. Aiding people all around the world find suitable employment, and connecting great employees with great employers. Kelly Services was a fun and exciting place to learn about the field of recruitment.
Pros
great lunch room, with tea and coffee for staff.
Cons
n/a
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2012
· Negotiated extension of loan payment and changes of payment dates.
· Processed all incoming correspondence from branches and other banks debit/credit/branch clearance disputed.
· Prepared batch tickets, matching and batching outgoing cheques.
· Entered and distributed security movement accounting certificate copies to various departments.
Job placement agency
Various positions (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 2, 2013
If you are looking to work wherever this is for you. The staffing agency were great people and the odd jobs were fine as well. The jobs never had a hard part to them at all. The only downside was sometimes you would go a while without work simply because there were too many people looking as well and the jobs were dry.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
downtime
Very helpful staff
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 27, 2012
Very helpful staff whenever I needed a question answered.I did alot of work on the computer for the manager ie excel. My co-workers were wonderful and vert friendly. The hardest part of the job was the travelling by bus for approximately an hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and the clients helping them out.
What I think
cookie feeder. packer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONDecember 15, 2012
was put at a different station each day
each station either fed cookies or helped package them
i learned how to pack and feed cookies
management was ok
coworkers were good
hated the fact that i didnt work as much as they said i was going to
feeding cookies for 8 hrs
getting free cookies
Pros
free cookies
Cons
not alot of work
Great place Great people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 23, 2015
For a temporary placement company they have been great. Could not ask for a better treatment . Enjoyed working wherever I was placed.
machine operating and packaging
Packer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 10, 2014
packing candies into boxes and cases
operate machine in packing candies
good coordination with employees
helping with co-employee
cleaning the machine when changing sugar to sugar free
when smoothly operating the machine
Pros
somtimes gift packages
Cons
overtime frequently
It was good for the time needed
Temporary clerical assignments (Former Employee) –  AuroraJune 14, 2013
I worked for Kelly Services on an assignment with State Farm processing claims - data entry. It was a very repetitive job inserting information regarding claims. The job was too far away from my home and would prefer to work in Barrie.
Pros
earned money
Cons
far to travel
professional, but unorganized
IBM - IT technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 30, 2012
Working for Kelly services taught me many things about the work place. One, you can really only depend on yourself, and two -if you don't like something pack up, and leave. I felt that working as a contractor paid amazingly, but it wasn't worth the people you had to deal with. The job wasn't fresh, and lacked the organization or the interest in order to succeed. The people were as nice as they could be, but I often felt pressured to stay later to help with stats. Which I didn't mind, but to actually get you paid was a challenge. When you don't get paid, it's difficult to actually want to work, and the lack of organization is where they are failing, and that is why I needed to leave. My job wasn't secure, and there wasn't any room for advancement. They promise positions they can't fill, and wages they can't afford to pay.
Pros
pot luck every three months, and discounts
Cons
long hours, tedious work environment, just really not fresh, it's energy draining
A great company for finding temporary positions.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 17, 2014
Was excellent when I needed a quick temp or contract job. Were able to find what I was looking for, found suitable positions both to fit my skill set as well as my personality.
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 13, 2013
Learned to work in any area within the warehouse environment. The most difficult part of the job is having days with large orders and excessive heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of individuals that one is able to meet and work with.
Good place to fill in when unemployed
Temporary contract worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 8, 2012
Many different types of jobs to do through a temp. agency. You never really get to know co-workers well, short term stay. Hardest part is part of your pay goes to temp agency but get to try new types of jobs.
Pros
always available
Cons
contract work
Ok if you are fine with losing
Help Desk Technician II (Former Employee) –  IBM MarkhamJanuary 20, 2015
The place was great, same with the people, but you always have an expiry date when you work there.