Kelly Services Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Waste of time.
I don't even know what they call us. (Former Employee), Kingston OntarioMarch 23, 2014
Pros: i made some money i suppose.
Cons: literally everything. seriously. don't do it unless you absolutely have to.
When I signed up for Kelly services I was truly mislead. They had advertised ONLY the position they had to offer and neglected to tell me that by applying I was also signing up for their service. Boy was I in for a surprise.
Had I have known I would be thrown into jobs I had literally no training for, had I have known I'd be working a job that was worth $18:00 an hour and receiving merely minimum wage for all my hard work, had I have known that I'd be told that I would eventually be hired full time, then strung out like dirty laundry after spending 6 months of my life working my fingers to the bone to impress my employer, only to be shafted with two weeks to find a job because there are "just no more hours for me", I would have been more careful singing up for the job in the first place.

All in all, Kelly services lied to me from the get go. They roped me in to their head hunting company without even a hint of what was to come, and made me work for basically peanuts with absolutely no pay off. I was treated poorly at my job and cleaned up after everyone's mistakes, hoping I would eventually be hired and it was all for nothing.

A huge waste of time.
Workplace Agency
Production Operator (Former Employee), KraftMarch 20, 2014
offer temporary work
workplace Agent offered temporary work at Kraft
Temp work used like toilet paper
Manufacturing Labourer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 15, 2014
Cons: low pay
Was ok at first. Kelly services screwed up my work schedule several times causing me to be dismissed by one employer. Worked for a dairy company on my next assignment. Was sexually harassed by a worker for for the dairy company. I complained about it and was dismissed by dairy company. Kelly services did nothing to protect my rights and was released by Kelly services. Was used like a peice toilet paper. Far to many people willing to be treated like that thinking they will be hired permanently by an employer. I was able to get into second careers and took a heavy equipment coarse. I am now making $40 / hour. Kelly services sucks. I would not work for the leaches again
Helpful staff but very little consistency with weekly hours.
Line worker (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMarch 14, 2014
Factory/line work is the majority of opportunities available while I worked there. Like most people I was overqualified and under utilized. Sometimes I would get a call 2 hours before scheduled start to have the rest of the week cancelled. They also called and cancelled twice in one day. Very unreliable working at Ferrero factory. Kellys staff was friendly and helpful as they should be.
machine operating and packaging
Packer (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: somtimes gift packages
Cons: overtime frequently
packing candies into boxes and cases
operate machine in packing candies
good coordination with employees
helping with co-employee
cleaning the machine when changing sugar to sugar free
when smoothly operating the machine
Part Time Adhoc installs
Various Projects - IMAC Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
Part Time adhoc installs of various IMAC activity.

Management was courteous.

Learned basic hardware troubleshooting.
prejudiced staffing agency
none (Former Employee), nowhereMarch 6, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: they block job seekers from approaching employers in a fair manner
These staffing agencies are a total failure and they caused the surge in temporary foreign worker influx, through their unfair egregious screening process they preclude workers from getting face to face with employers thus giving the image that Canada has no skilled workers , I do not want these people to set me up for a job period!!!
When they could, they got good jobs for me.
FREELANCE OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: i got jobs from them.
Cons: had to fill out time cards and take it in every week.
I only spoke to them on the phone. I had to fill out time cards and take it in every week. But I did get my money on time.
Installed services for Eastlink
Installer for Eastlink (Former Employee), Amherst, NSFebruary 5, 2014
Installed services for eastlink, wasn't through Kelly services but through Fronteir
Always working
Administrativce (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Always received calls for work, worked a full time position in a short time span
productive and nice workplace
Labourer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: ????
Cons: ????
a typical day at work... typical :)
what you learned... stuff
management... i can do the job better :) (more breaktime)
your co-workers... nice
the hardest part of the job... work
the most enjoyable part of the job... payday :)
Good team work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), MississaugaJanuary 15, 2014
The best day was when my boss reffered to another job in big & stable Company.
Good place for temp work
Administrative / Office Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 25, 2013
It's a good place for temp work, though they are not in Winnipeg anymore.
Kelly Services is an excellent place to find temporary employment.
Various Temporary (Former Employee), Moncton, NBNovember 21, 2013
Pros: flexibility, constant change, diversity
Cons: uncertain schedule, no guaranteed work.
A typical day at Kelly Services begins with a phone call. Assignments are usually given with 24 hours or more notice, and usually last from 1 week to 30 days.

The work varies greatly which I enjoyed, and you are never in the same place for long.

I learned much about the different industries around my city, and the different roles people play within them,
Excellent
Customer Service Professional (Exxon) (Current Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 19, 2013
Pros: excellent management
Cons: none onsite
Kelley Service is a very professional company that treats the employees very fairly and efficiently.
Temp Agency
General Labour (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 12, 2013
General Work at a temp agency doing factory work and line work
job placement company
Clerical (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 1, 2013
Pros: worked at a lot of different places and gained experience
Cons: working at a different place everyday
Waited around everyday for them to call you for them to place you at job. Very good learning experience
Ok
Warehouse employee (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOOctober 27, 2013
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: inconsitant hours
No bad, but the company needed a little bit more of a personal touch
Great Company to Work For
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Very interesting work assignment, staffing and recruiting skills used by company ans great experience for my resume. Fast paced and non stop environment.
Excellent for contract work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 15, 2013
I had the pleasure of being a temp for Kelly Services in two different Canadian cities. I found both locations to be equally friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I found the application and testing process relevant and efficient. A placement was found for me very quickly and there weren't any shortages of placements thereafter. I really liked the way pay was handled, being paid weekly was a definite perk! Temping is a great way to gain experience and skills and to find a career. I'd definitely recommend Kelly Services.
Links