Kelly Services

Kelly Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Provided Excellent Placements - And Great Match
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioJuly 6, 2012
Pros: pizza days and bbq's, summer hours or flex hours
Cons: sometimes the air conditioning is a bit cold, nothing a sweater doesn't solve!
A typical day at work is a combination of routine tasks but a variety of tasks.

I have enjoyed learning new company systems and being able to work fairly independantly, yet in a supportive role. I have also enjoyed working with Managers that have clear directives, and a very good understanding of the proceedures and job tasks of their employees.

A – more... great group. Work hard, but always easy to find some humour, and easy to look forward to going to work each day. – less
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Regina, SKJune 12, 2012
I enjoyed working with Kelly Services. It was only temp work but I gained alot of experience, and learned alot as well.
professional, but unorganized
IBM - IT technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 30, 2012
Pros: pot luck every three months, and discounts
Cons: long hours, tedious work environment, just really not fresh, it's energy draining
Working for Kelly services taught me many things about the work place. One, you can really only depend on yourself, and two -if you don't like something pack up, and leave. I felt that working as a contractor paid amazingly, but it wasn't worth the people you had to deal with. The job wasn't fresh, and lacked the organization or the interest in order – more... to succeed. The people were as nice as they could be, but I often felt pressured to stay later to help with stats. Which I didn't mind, but to actually get you paid was a challenge. When you don't get paid, it's difficult to actually want to work, and the lack of organization is where they are failing, and that is why I needed to leave. My job wasn't secure, and there wasn't any room for advancement. They promise positions they can't fill, and wages they can't afford to pay. – less
Summer work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 30, 2012
Go on line and apply Or search for recent job's @ Kely's & it was a great experience working for kelly services...
not steady work
General Labourer (Current Employee), Brantford, ONApril 27, 2012
Pros: i get a pay cheque
Cons: it doesn't last long
I would like to be able to work on regular job for the long term
It was very rewarding, the team would help you gain knowledge in a computer software if needed.
Office Temp (Former Employee), DurhamApril 18, 2012
Pros: you have a chance to meet alot of people, learn different office procedures, gain knowledge and experience.
Cons: you learn and become good, when you have completed the assignment, short term employment is not for me.
I was recruited to various companies on a temporary basis where I would complete work assignments on: Data enty, reception and office duties.

I have to say that data entry is not something I would want to do. Boring!
they do have assignments
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), winnipeg, mbApril 5, 2012
turnover at the office is very quick, everytime you go to call someone, they are no longer there.
Not A Lot to Say
Contract Worker (Former Employee), MonctonNovember 17, 2011
Nothing to say regarding company. Had good experience while I was there.
Productive work place.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: varied experiences
Cons: short contracts
Working through Kelly Services exposes you to a variety of companies and work environments that you would otherwise not be exposed to working for a single company.
Temperature job
Security officer/Nintendo Company (Former Employee), tacoma washingtonDecember 18, 2014
Pros: seeing alot of various products
Cons: long hours
This was a temporary job which meant that I could be going to any job. The job that I did was at Nintendo as a security guard which was interesting. I was able to tour the faculties at night and see the various games such as mario bros and other popular video games. I was worked with another employee which was a learning experience as well. I learned – more... alot about the job and being a security guard. – less
Great place to work when you don't have a full-time position.
Administrative Management Support (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2014
Pros: temporary assignment
Cons: no enough full-time positions available.
Kelly has continued to find me temporary assignments, which have kept me working and able to pay my bills.
Immediate placement
Temp (Former Employee), Taylor, MIDecember 18, 2014
Pros: culture, management
Cons: temp
I enjoyed working for Kelly Services. I took a gamble and it ended up opening a career in the printer field that I did not expect. The management at the client I worked for in my opinion was outstanding. The only negative side is that this service can be a gamble since the position starts as a temp.
Kelly Services is a staffing agency
Team Lead Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2014
Kelly Services was very fair and helpful. The associates there kept me informed on available jobs and remained committed to placing me with a company.
a well productive place
manufacturing, pharmaceutical, and QA (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCDecember 17, 2014
i typical day at work as a normal day learned new skills and everything being done in management experience is management think was who was the best person for the position co_workers i can get along with anyone and keep those out of harms way as far as safety hardest part of my job is defining and communication my enjoyable part of my job was enjoyed – more... the responsibility and the methodical and precise approach when it come to me – less
Packaging and labeling
Packaging (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MODecember 17, 2014
Pros: a wonderful work enviroment
Cons: being a temp
I worked in two different departments, i liked them both.
We always had a good time no matter where I was, the hardest part of the job was standing in postion all day long. All of the employess there treated you like family, and trained us very well, and always had alot of respect.
Terrible
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Choctaw, MSDecember 16, 2014
Pros: 2 weeks off for independence day and for christmas and new years
Cons: 8 minute breaks, negative co-workers, dangerous environment, no benefits etc.
I was Employed with Kelly Services for 2 years in which I was sent to Nissan Manufacturing in Canton, MS. I didnt have any Vacation, PTO, sick days NOTHING! I was scheduled to work 6 nights a week in which became unbearable with the fact that I had no PTO while employed. Management was terrible.
Very responsive with placing me on projects
Team Lead Document Reviewer (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 16, 2014
My recruiter was very quick to place me on assignments with them. I worked as a document reviewer where I was exposed to 2 different types of review software.
Positive Environment!
Application Auditor, Guardian Insurance Company (Current Employee), Appleton, WIDecember 16, 2014
A typical day at work starts at 7:00 am where I open up various computer programs and start repetitive work. I audit information in the company's computer system with the applications we receive on a daily basis.
I have learned how to use Microsoft programs even better than before I started working with Guardian Insurance.
Our management team at Guardian – more... Insurance has been very helpful with answering any questions I may have, helping me feel like I belong to the team and take time to listen to any concerns and feedback I may have.
I noticed the first day that everyone I had met had a smile and was very friendly. I can honestly say Guardian is top on my list for having the best co-workers!
The hardest part of the job is doing repetitive tasks eight hours a day, five days a week. Although I don't mind doing the work I do tend to find myself less interested by the end of the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being around all of the positive, hard working, inspirational co-workers. – less
Very helpful in my job search
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: being able to provide funding that will enable our clients to receive the services they need.
Cons: being able to reach the right people (decision makers) on the phone.
Kelly was very helpful in finding me a job. Very professional while making me comfortable with the whole process. Through them, I am working for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. I recruit business leaders to participate in our fundraising events.
Great!
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Freeport, TexasDecember 16, 2014
Kelly Services is a great company to work for. Although it being a hire-to-temp your always one that could be cut at any time.

While working with Kelly, I have learned a lot from fellow OP's .

About Kelly Services

Kelly Services, Inc. is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Troy, Michigan, offering services that include temporary staffing – Read more