Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with flexible hours
Administrative Assistant/Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2013
Work was routine
Learnt a variety of office procedures
Management was accommodating and hours were flexible
Co-workers were always helpful
Hardest part of the job was different job locations
Learning variety of administrative procedures
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
travelling to different locations
Kelly Services is an excellent place to find temporary employment.
Various Temporary (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 November 2013
A typical day at Kelly Services begins with a phone call. Assignments are usually given with 24 hours or more notice, and usually last from 1 week to 30 days.

The work varies greatly which I enjoyed, and you are never in the same place for long.

I learned much about the different industries around my city, and the different roles people play within them,
Pros
Flexibility, Constant change, diversity
Cons
Uncertain schedule, No guaranteed work.
Good for short term work
Safety Program Sustainment Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2015
Good for short term work. If you get on with the right company can lead to something fruitful and help pave the way to an enjoyable career.
Very productive consider employees work on their behalf to make sure match them for positions where they can be and do their best.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 June 2015
One of the things with this agency was that they always made sure you were working, if they had the jobs. It found work to keep you active as many hours that you wanted to work.
Worst company I ever worked for.
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario8 April 2013
In the last 40 years, I've worked for many companies, but I've never dreaded payday until I started with Kelly. I've lost track of the number of times they messed up my paycheque. Errors included depositing my pay to the wrong account several times, getting paid late and not getting paid for statutory holidays. The company they placed me with is great, and they're the only reason I've tolerated Kelly for this long, but I think I might be walking soon.
Pros
i can afford to eat
Cons
low pay and many payroll errors.
It was very rewarding, the team would help you gain knowledge in a computer software if needed.
Office Temp (Former Employee) –  Durham18 April 2012
I was recruited to various companies on a temporary basis where I would complete work assignments on: Data enty, reception and office duties.

I have to say that data entry is not something I would want to do. Boring!
Pros
you have a chance to meet alot of people, learn different office procedures, gain knowledge and experience.
Cons
you learn and become good, when you have completed the assignment, short term employment is not for me.
Abusive workplace, didn't invite temps to company barbeque.
Office Cler (Former Employee) –  Calgary1 September 2013
I was told by Kelly Services that I would be doing data entry. They lied. All I did was print reports. That's it. All day long. Staff treated temps abusively. After one month, the recruiter left a msg on my cell phone telling me my services were no longer required. Still don't know what I did wrong. Recruiter won't talk to me .... refuses to put me out on another assignment.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Low wages, staff abusive towards temps. All 3 temps were excluded from a company lunch. Nasty!!
What I think
cookie feeder. packer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 December 2012
was put at a different station each day
each station either fed cookies or helped package them
i learned how to pack and feed cookies
management was ok
coworkers were good
hated the fact that i didnt work as much as they said i was going to
feeding cookies for 8 hrs
getting free cookies
Pros
free cookies
Cons
not alot of work
no future
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 January 2015
Remove filled containers from conveyors
Manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers
Clean work areas and equipment, Feed and unload processing machines
Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties
company don't hired
co-workers very helpful and friendly
hardest part: rotating 12 hour shift's
Pros
good organized company
Cons
don't hired
Loved the alternating positions but not always available hours for temps
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 May 2015
A typical day would be shown a line and a specific task to do. All tasks were relatively easy however, the lines brake down quite often and only being a temp - I would not end up with a full 40 hours shift causing me to look for other work.
Pros
Discounts on household products
Cons
Needed more hours
not steady work
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 April 2012
I would like to be able to work on regular job for the long term
Pros
i get a pay cheque
Cons
it doesn't last long
Helpful staff but very little consistency with weekly hours.
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 March 2014
Factory/line work is the majority of opportunities available while I worked there. Like most people I was overqualified and under utilized. Sometimes I would get a call 2 hours before scheduled start to have the rest of the week cancelled. They also called and cancelled twice in one day. Very unreliable working at Ferrero factory. Kellys staff was friendly and helpful as they should be.
it was threw a temp service
Labourer/Line worker (Former Employee) –  belleville ontario4 November 2012
it was allright work its just the pay was no good for what they expected you to do.. lots of hours and lots of people to work with..over all not to bad of a place to work they just need better wages
Pros
easy, good people..
Cons
shift work
Co-workers
Customer Master Pricing Professional (CMPP) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 June 2015
I work within a team of 13 people and really couldn't ask for a better group to spend my day with. Everyone gets along great and you can be sure you will laugh throughout the day
Pros
Safety
Cons
no cons great company
Kelly services Square one
unemployed (Former Employee) –  Mississauga12 November 2012
I dropped in to apply for a IBM position. they refused to let me apply and sent me in circles to apply for it. When given the number to call for aplication, it was a wrong number. DEAD END.
I requested to just make a profile to keep in file. that too they refused to do. Square one branch is terrible. i would not ever waste my time with them. they are well referred by my colleagues but my visit there was dissapointing.
Waste of time.
I don't even know what they call us. (Former Employee) –  Kingston Ontario23 March 2014
When I signed up for Kelly services I was truly mislead. They had advertised ONLY the position they had to offer and neglected to tell me that by applying I was also signing up for their service. Boy was I in for a surprise.
Had I have known I would be thrown into jobs I had literally no training for, had I have known I'd be working a job that was worth $18:00 an hour and receiving merely minimum wage for all my hard work, had I have known that I'd be told that I would eventually be hired full time, then strung out like dirty laundry after spending 6 months of my life working my fingers to the bone to impress my employer, only to be shafted with two weeks to find a job because there are "just no more hours for me", I would have been more careful singing up for the job in the first place.

All in all, Kelly services lied to me from the get go. They roped me in to their head hunting company without even a hint of what was to come, and made me work for basically peanuts with absolutely no pay off. I was treated poorly at my job and cleaned up after everyone's mistakes, hoping I would eventually be hired and it was all for nothing.

A huge waste of time.
Pros
I made SOME money I suppose.
Cons
Literally everything. Seriously. Don't do it unless you absolutely have to.
it was an alright place to work
Shipper / Receiver at the Queen's Book store (Former Employee) –  Kingston Ontario25 March 2014
I worked as a shipping supervisor where i unloaded trucks shipped off goods using fed x and other shipping company's. I also kept my bay cleaned and did a 3 man job alone.

The hardest part of the job was having to ship hundreds of boxes to different locations and to multi task a lot of work to keep myself caught up with my work.

I loved the people i worked with they made it an enjoyable work enviroment.
Got a physical disability? Well don't tell them.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 November 2014
After about 3 months working at Ferrero I mentioned to Kelly's that I had scoliosis, something I can't really do anything about. They decided to cancel my shifts and stop calling me all together. Discriminating, disrespectful, and horrible people. Don't ever go to Kelly's. Go to Randstad, never had a problem with them yet.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything else
prejudiced staffing agency
none (Former Employee) –  nowhere6 March 2014
These staffing agencies are a total failure and they caused the surge in temporary foreign worker influx, through their unfair egregious screening process they preclude workers from getting face to face with employers thus giving the image that Canada has no skilled workers , I do not want these people to set me up for a job period!!!
Pros
Cons
they block job seekers from approaching employers in a fair manner
productive and nice workplace
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 January 2014
a typical day at work... typical :)
what you learned... stuff
management... i can do the job better :) (more breaktime)
your co-workers... nice
the hardest part of the job... work
the most enjoyable part of the job... payday :)
Pros
????
Cons
????