Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Always learning something new
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 9, 2014
You get to meet a lot of people with lots of opportunities to decide what you would like to do.
A decent job for people looking to pick up some hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 28, 2014
This was a temporary position at the Toyota plant in Cambridge doing quality control and inspection of the parts before they are installed on the vehicles. A decent job for students trying to earn money over the summer though you will have to work night shift on a rotational basis.
amazng temp angency
line sorter (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 24, 2014
great for temp hours but unfortunetly I need a full time job as I have 5 children to support at home
Fun
Receptionist Mobile Life Screening (Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 13, 2014
I was able to complete tasks with out silly office politics and was able to build a positive relation with clientele.
Pros
independent working
Cons
was to short of an assignment
Nissan Canada Finance/Kelly Services
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  MississaugaApril 28, 2014
Working for Nissan Canada Finance/Kelly Services 6 Yrs
No advancement
No Growth
No Bonus
No Paid Sick Days
No Personal days
Joined on 4 MONTHS TEMP contract and its 6 YRS still working at same position. Every day my part time job is to find a new job.

my colleagues worked 10 YRS TEMP thought they will going to be PERMANENT Finally GAVE UP and LEFT.
Good Luck working at NISSAN CANADA FINANCE HEAD QUARTERS.
Cons
no advancement no bonus no personal days no paid sick days
Excellent work experience
Installer/swapper of computers (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 28, 2014
working is all hands on
nothing to hard
able to work with others
Very attentive to employee needs
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 16, 2014
People very kind to deal with and very informative. Patient with me calling in for job opportunities.
Not a place to start a career
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 11, 2014
Every job was a little different and a job's duration could range from just hours to weeks and very occasionally months. Management tells you they have "Jobs, lots of jobs" and lots of permanent jobs. In all the years I've worked with them I've only met one person who got a permanent job with them.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
low pay, not paid for lunch, short-term temp jobs, management people and policies always changing
Cementing department of a factory
Manufacturing labourer (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMarch 27, 2014
Easy work; simple and straight-forward.

Management was very nice and cooperative.

Co-workers are nice and helpful.
Pros
flexible hours, paid weekly
Cons
lack of hours
it was an alright place to work
Shipper / Receiver at the Queen's Book store (Former Employee) –  Kingston OntarioMarch 25, 2014
I worked as a shipping supervisor where i unloaded trucks shipped off goods using fed x and other shipping company's. I also kept my bay cleaned and did a 3 man job alone.

The hardest part of the job was having to ship hundreds of boxes to different locations and to multi task a lot of work to keep myself caught up with my work.

I loved the people i worked with they made it an enjoyable work enviroment.
Waste of time.
I don't even know what they call us. (Former Employee) –  Kingston OntarioMarch 23, 2014
When I signed up for Kelly services I was truly mislead. They had advertised ONLY the position they had to offer and neglected to tell me that by applying I was also signing up for their service. Boy was I in for a surprise.
Had I have known I would be thrown into jobs I had literally no training for, had I have known I'd be working a job that was worth $18:00 an hour and receiving merely minimum wage for all my hard work, had I have known that I'd be told that I would eventually be hired full time, then strung out like dirty laundry after spending 6 months of my life working my fingers to the bone to impress my employer, only to be shafted with two weeks to find a job because there are "just no more hours for me", I would have been more careful singing up for the job in the first place.

All in all, Kelly services lied to me from the get go. They roped me in to their head hunting company without even a hint of what was to come, and made me work for basically peanuts with absolutely no pay off. I was treated poorly at my job and cleaned up after everyone's mistakes, hoping I would eventually be hired and it was all for nothing.

A huge waste of time.
Pros
i made some money i suppose.
Cons
literally everything. seriously. don't do it unless you absolutely have to.
Workplace Agency
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  KraftMarch 20, 2014
offer temporary work
workplace Agent offered temporary work at Kraft
Temp work used like toilet paper
Manufacturing Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 15, 2014
Was ok at first. Kelly services screwed up my work schedule several times causing me to be dismissed by one employer. Worked for a dairy company on my next assignment. Was sexually harassed by a worker for for the dairy company. I complained about it and was dismissed by dairy company. Kelly services did nothing to protect my rights and was released by Kelly services. Was used like a peice toilet paper. Far to many people willing to be treated like that thinking they will be hired permanently by an employer. I was able to get into second careers and took a heavy equipment coarse. I am now making $40 / hour. Kelly services sucks. I would not work for the leaches again
Cons
low pay
Helpful staff but very little consistency with weekly hours.
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMarch 14, 2014
Factory/line work is the majority of opportunities available while I worked there. Like most people I was overqualified and under utilized. Sometimes I would get a call 2 hours before scheduled start to have the rest of the week cancelled. They also called and cancelled twice in one day. Very unreliable working at Ferrero factory. Kellys staff was friendly and helpful as they should be.
machine operating and packaging
Packer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 10, 2014
packing candies into boxes and cases
operate machine in packing candies
good coordination with employees
helping with co-employee
cleaning the machine when changing sugar to sugar free
when smoothly operating the machine
Pros
somtimes gift packages
Cons
overtime frequently
Part Time Adhoc installs
Various Projects - IMAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
Part Time adhoc installs of various IMAC activity.

Management was courteous.

Learned basic hardware troubleshooting.
prejudiced staffing agency
none (Former Employee) –  nowhereMarch 6, 2014
These staffing agencies are a total failure and they caused the surge in temporary foreign worker influx, through their unfair egregious screening process they preclude workers from getting face to face with employers thus giving the image that Canada has no skilled workers , I do not want these people to set me up for a job period!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
they block job seekers from approaching employers in a fair manner
When they could, they got good jobs for me.
FREELANCE OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2014
I only spoke to them on the phone. I had to fill out time cards and take it in every week. But I did get my money on time.
Pros
i got jobs from them.
Cons
had to fill out time cards and take it in every week.
Installed services for Eastlink
Installer for Eastlink (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NSFebruary 5, 2014
Installed services for eastlink, wasn't through Kelly services but through Fronteir
Always working
Administrativce (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Always received calls for work, worked a full time position in a short time span