Kelly Services Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
One of my dream job
Production Data Administrator (Former Employee), Ingleside, ONMarch 12, 2015
It was my one of dream job where i was working on contract. Kelly Services is very straight forward job agency who takes care of their client very nicely.
Productive, Helpful, Caring
General Labourer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 19, 2015
I can work both on weekdays and week-ends. I am really helpful and caring towards my staff. According to me no job is hard or easy.
Excellent for contract work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 15, 2013
I had the pleasure of being a temp for Kelly Services in two different Canadian cities. I found both locations to be equally friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I found the application and testing process relevant and efficient. A placement was found for me very quickly and there weren't any shortages of placements thereafter. I really liked the way pay was handled, being paid weekly was a definite perk! Temping is a great way to gain experience and skills and to find a career. I'd definitely recommend Kelly Services.
Nissan Canada Finance/Kelly Services
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), MississaugaApril 28, 2014
Cons: no advancement no bonus no personal days no paid sick days
Working for Nissan Canada Finance/Kelly Services 6 Yrs
No advancement
No Growth
No Bonus
No Paid Sick Days
No Personal days
Joined on 4 MONTHS TEMP contract and its 6 YRS still working at same position. Every day my part time job is to find a new job.

my colleagues worked 10 YRS TEMP thought they will going to be PERMANENT Finally GAVE UP and LEFT.
Good Luck working at NISSAN CANADA FINANCE HEAD QUARTERS.
Comfortable place to work.
Labourer (Current Employee), Ingleside, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: employment
Cons: temporary
Comfortable place to work. Management is knowledgeable and helpful.
Got a physical disability? Well don't tell them.
General Labourer (Former Employee), Brantford, ONNovember 27, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: everything else
After about 3 months working at Ferrero I mentioned to Kelly's that I had scoliosis, something I can't really do anything about. They decided to cancel my shifts and stop calling me all together. Discriminating, disrespectful, and horrible people. Don't ever go to Kelly's. Go to Randstad, never had a problem with them yet.
Not a place to start a career
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: low pay, not paid for lunch, short-term temp jobs, management people and policies always changing
Every job was a little different and a job's duration could range from just hours to weeks and very occasionally months. Management tells you they have "Jobs, lots of jobs" and lots of permanent jobs. In all the years I've worked with them I've only met one person who got a permanent job with them.
Employment Agency that works for their employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 18, 2012
Pros: working in different environments.
I do various contractual assignments within the HRM. My day is never the same, and I get to meet various new people and different companies.
Working in this type of environment allows me to find the type of management style I can relate best too. And I always learn something new at each and every job I go into.
Alternate Root
On-Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Brantford, OntarioMay 14, 2013
My job at Alternate Root was grading tobacco as it came down the conveyor belt.
This job was seasonal in nature. I had the opportunity to work with the same crew for 5 years. We had the opportunity to develop a really good working relationship with one another.
Our day would start between 6:30 am to 7:00 am. The hardest part of this work would be the long days when we would encounter a bad kiln filled with mold. This would involve all of us tearing off the mold off every leaf when the kiln was bad. However, because I worked with the best crew, the day was made bearable. The best part of the job would be when we had a really good kiln and be done within 3-4 hours.
Great place Great people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 23, 2015
For a temporary placement company they have been great. Could not ask for a better treatment . Enjoyed working wherever I was placed.
it was okay
Full-time Supervisor (Former Employee), boltonOctober 29, 2012
12 hour shifts, 20min breaks and lines were too fast. management and co workers were friendly. lunchroom had a cafeteria which made fresh food so that was good
Great place to start off young to save for school
Temp (Current Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: work when needed
Cons: plans may be interfered with
A day at work is easy to do, but there is a lot of repetitive movement
I learned that factories mainly hire temps
The management is kind to employ's
Co-workers are kind most of the time
The hardest part of the job was the repetitive movement
I enjoyed knowing I was working for myself to save for the things I will need in the near future.
Well organized, extremely friendly employees
Internal Contractor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: meeting lots of employees
Cons: working under pressure all day long, every day
-Kelly Services is well organized
-Kelly Services' employees are extremely friendly
-A typical day at work consists of me doing any work I am asked to do
-I learned how to coordinate a variety of events (meetings and training sessions) and I gained a lot of administrative experience
-My co-workers are wonderful to work with
-The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with all of the events that I help coordinate
-The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting lots of employees
Ok if you are fine with losing
Help Desk Technician II (Former Employee), IBM MarkhamJanuary 20, 2015
The place was great, same with the people, but you always have an expiry date when you work there.
A professinal company.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 30, 2012
Pros: offered a large amount of overtime, friendly co-workers.
Cons: no room for advancement in terms of a career, working through a temp agency.
This company was very organized and professional, however there was no room for advancement within the company.
Productive workplace with flexible hours
Administrative Assistant/Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: travelling to different locations
Work was routine
Learnt a variety of office procedures
Management was accommodating and hours were flexible
Co-workers were always helpful
Hardest part of the job was different job locations
Learning variety of administrative procedures
Kelly Services is an excellent place to find temporary employment.
Various Temporary (Former Employee), Moncton, NBNovember 21, 2013
Pros: flexibility, constant change, diversity
Cons: uncertain schedule, no guaranteed work.
A typical day at Kelly Services begins with a phone call. Assignments are usually given with 24 hours or more notice, and usually last from 1 week to 30 days.

The work varies greatly which I enjoyed, and you are never in the same place for long.

I learned much about the different industries around my city, and the different roles people play within them,
Worst company I ever worked for.
IT Support (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 8, 2013
Pros: i can afford to eat
Cons: low pay and many payroll errors.
In the last 40 years, I've worked for many companies, but I've never dreaded payday until I started with Kelly. I've lost track of the number of times they messed up my paycheque. Errors included depositing my pay to the wrong account several times, getting paid late and not getting paid for statutory holidays. The company they placed me with is great, and they're the only reason I've tolerated Kelly for this long, but I think I might be walking soon.
It was very rewarding, the team would help you gain knowledge in a computer software if needed.
Office Temp (Former Employee), DurhamApril 18, 2012
Pros: you have a chance to meet alot of people, learn different office procedures, gain knowledge and experience.
Cons: you learn and become good, when you have completed the assignment, short term employment is not for me.
I was recruited to various companies on a temporary basis where I would complete work assignments on: Data enty, reception and office duties.

I have to say that data entry is not something I would want to do. Boring!
Abusive workplace, didn't invite temps to company barbeque.
Office Cler (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 1, 2013
Pros: no pros.
Cons: low wages, staff abusive towards temps. all 3 temps were excluded from a company lunch. nasty!!
I was told by Kelly Services that I would be doing data entry. They lied. All I did was print reports. That's it. All day long. Staff treated temps abusively. After one month, the recruiter left a msg on my cell phone telling me my services were no longer required. Still don't know what I did wrong. Recruiter won't talk to me .... refuses to put me out on another assignment.
Links