Kelly Services
2,549 reviews

Kelly Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Office Assistant and Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: great people and skill development opportunities
Cons: no benefits
Enjoyed placements with excellent companies, which provided great opportunites for skill development and enjoyable work days. Exposure to Kaizen Culture a great experience
various office assignments
Associate Employee (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: variety of assignments
Cons: little stability
Reception, data entry
various office duties
variety of employers
Job security was always there.
Admin Assist/Clerical (Former Employee), Various LocationsAugust 16, 2012
Pros: wonderful co worker dispostions
Recording meeting minutes; preparing schedule of client appointments for upper management; typing letters, preparing reports and spreadsheets for review; greeting clients, setting appointments, answering phone lines.

I learned to be very patient; accept the days blessings and work the days short comings to come up with a workable solution for everyone.

My – more... co-workers had many differant personalities, but I was always able to work closely and efficiently with all of them.

Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers and clients. – less
Order DCP
Order DCP (Current Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 14, 2012
Pros: monday-friday position
Cons: low salary, no benefits, no vacation
-Kelly Services contractor on placement with Exxon Mobil
-Responsible for entering, monitoring and troubleshooting customer orders
-Key interfaces with customer, employees, sales representatives, operations, external
-Responsible for coordinating with other functions to ensure customer issues are resolved
-First point of contact for order related information
-Maintain – more... strong business relationships with assigned customers
-Develop basic understanding of Lube & Specialty products and processes
-Monitoring customer volume caps during price change activities
-First point of contact for customer complaints and claims
-Carry out all the above responsibilities with high degree of autonomy – less
Very productive and fast paced environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 1, 2012
Pros: was able to supervise and manage my own time in a responsible manner, which was a great accomplishment.
Cons: long hours and fast pasted to meet deadlines in a timely manner
From Monday to Wednesday it was extremely busy, having to meet deadlines for payroll, checking accuracey to ensure all employees were paid correctly. I learned to work closely with my co-workers giving my input when needed. My most difficult part of the job was having to do long enquiries that never seem to end. And the most enjoyable was when you know – more... that every one was happy and relaxed to know that the payroll for the week went well and employees were paid. – less
Good contract job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 30, 2012
I worked as a machine operator and in the night shift.
I achieved my production targets well.
Very helpful staff
Receptionist (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 27, 2012
Very helpful staff whenever I needed a question answered.I did alot of work on the computer for the manager ie excel. My co-workers were wonderful and vert friendly. The hardest part of the job was the travelling by bus for approximately an hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and the clients helping them out.
Good Placement
Packager (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 11, 2012
Pros: good client, great placement
Cons: extreme job insecurity
I had a very good job placement. My one criticism is that they are not very good when it comes to placing you in different assignments. After the one placement, I would call for other assignments and never see one. This is one thing that all employment agencies can improve upon I think, not just Kelly Services.
Good place to fill in when unemployed
Temporary contract worker (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 8, 2012
Pros: always available
Cons: contract work
Many different types of jobs to do through a temp. agency. You never really get to know co-workers well, short term stay. Hardest part is part of your pay goes to temp agency but get to try new types of jobs.
provided me with continuous employment
Line worker (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 6, 2012
Pros: this job was a new learning experiance
Cons: low pay
worked as a line worker,packaged and repackaged different chocolate products.
learned about fast paced packaging equipment
Provided Excellent Placements - And Great Match
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioJuly 6, 2012
Pros: pizza days and bbq's, summer hours or flex hours
Cons: sometimes the air conditioning is a bit cold, nothing a sweater doesn't solve!
A typical day at work is a combination of routine tasks but a variety of tasks.

I have enjoyed learning new company systems and being able to work fairly independantly, yet in a supportive role. I have also enjoyed working with Managers that have clear directives, and a very good understanding of the proceedures and job tasks of their employees.

A – more... great group. Work hard, but always easy to find some humour, and easy to look forward to going to work each day. – less
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Regina, SKJune 12, 2012
I enjoyed working with Kelly Services. It was only temp work but I gained alot of experience, and learned alot as well.
professional, but unorganized
IBM - IT technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 30, 2012
Pros: pot luck every three months, and discounts
Cons: long hours, tedious work environment, just really not fresh, it's energy draining
Working for Kelly services taught me many things about the work place. One, you can really only depend on yourself, and two -if you don't like something pack up, and leave. I felt that working as a contractor paid amazingly, but it wasn't worth the people you had to deal with. The job wasn't fresh, and lacked the organization or the interest in order – more... to succeed. The people were as nice as they could be, but I often felt pressured to stay later to help with stats. Which I didn't mind, but to actually get you paid was a challenge. When you don't get paid, it's difficult to actually want to work, and the lack of organization is where they are failing, and that is why I needed to leave. My job wasn't secure, and there wasn't any room for advancement. They promise positions they can't fill, and wages they can't afford to pay. – less
Summer work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 30, 2012
Go on line and apply Or search for recent job's @ Kely's & it was a great experience working for kelly services...
not steady work
General Labourer (Current Employee), Brantford, ONApril 27, 2012
Pros: i get a pay cheque
Cons: it doesn't last long
I would like to be able to work on regular job for the long term
It was very rewarding, the team would help you gain knowledge in a computer software if needed.
Office Temp (Former Employee), DurhamApril 18, 2012
Pros: you have a chance to meet alot of people, learn different office procedures, gain knowledge and experience.
Cons: you learn and become good, when you have completed the assignment, short term employment is not for me.
I was recruited to various companies on a temporary basis where I would complete work assignments on: Data enty, reception and office duties.

I have to say that data entry is not something I would want to do. Boring!
they do have assignments
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), winnipeg, mbApril 5, 2012
turnover at the office is very quick, everytime you go to call someone, they are no longer there.
Not A Lot to Say
Contract Worker (Former Employee), MonctonNovember 17, 2011
Nothing to say regarding company. Had good experience while I was there.
Temp agency who works with you to find you a career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: saturday breakfast, company pic-nics, games with rewards
Cons: nothing negative
Agency always kept me informed about anything I needed to know before going in to my scheduled assignment. Very professional agency that found me the job that they knew I would enjoy. Working as a customer service representative for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage was a great experience. Trainers, management, supervisors, and guest speakers made it a fun – more... learning work environment. As a team of reps, we would set monthly goals on a particular thing of interest that we needed to work on as either a team or a company in whole to make sure we were meeting our business goals and also keeping our customer service levels high. – less
fast, fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Racine, WISeptember 14, 2014
I enjoyed working there. It was a shame it was only a temporary project. Very nice management and coworkers. Learned a different industry to take the knowledge with me.

About Kelly Services

Kelly Services, Inc. is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Troy, Michigan, offering services that include temporary staffing – Read more