Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Got a physical disability? Well don't tell them.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 27, 2014
After about 3 months working at Ferrero I mentioned to Kelly's that I had scoliosis, something I can't really do anything about. They decided to cancel my shifts and stop calling me all together. Discriminating, disrespectful, and horrible people. Don't ever go to Kelly's. Go to Randstad, never had a problem with them yet.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything else
IBM Technical Support Analyst- Pros & Cons
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 23, 2014
Worked at the Markham location.I provided technical support (Tech Connect) at IBM for Morgan Stanley/Smith Barney in 2012. Not sure if the account is still there since they were in the process of migrating the call center to Colorado/India.

Pros: You definitely learn a lot since it was the first point of contact for ALL issues. Supported XP/'7, Office Suite,Outlook, Hardware(Mouse/Keyboard/Scanners/Printers/Projectors/etc...), Financial Software, Internet Connectivity, Account creations, Password Resets, IMAC requests,How-to's, & much much more.
There was always something new coming up so you need to pay attention.

Team Leads/Kelly Service Representative/Co-workers: The people I worked with were fine. They would try to the best of their ability to help you, answer your questions, and was very understanding. Co-workers I was surrounded with were cool people. Once in a while we would get pizza/cake/snacks to keep the morale up. However, this is all based on my personal experience.

Training was sufficient. It was primarily getting you familiar with the terms, software you'll use, and shadowing other call center agents. The real learning comes when you're actually on the phones.

Nice building, free parking and close to a Chinese plaza; although by the time you get there and order half of your lunch time is already gone since you get 30 minutes only. I would usually eat in between calls and use the 30 minutes to walk outside to clear my mind.

Pay- $14.26/hr. It's better than minimum wage but lower than if IBM hired you. It's to be expected since you're a contractor. All I can
  more... say in this economy, it is what it is.

The Job- Since it is a call center, it will feel like it's soul crushing. Some days you will wonder why are there so many calls and will they ever stop although this is why you have the job in the first place. I supported working professional so it is at least better than the general public. I've worked there for a year and which is like senior level in terms of call center. I've seen so many people get burnt out and leave only after a couple of weeks.Stressful, boring, and always looking towards Friday.

Promotion- in terms of pay increase, rarely. If there is, it will only be 1-2 dollars if that. In terms of responsibility, yes if you do well enough on the phones they will probably have you do other support. Don't hold your breath.

Pace- they want to you to resolve calls under 10 minutes although most of the time it will go over due to the plethora of issues and difficulty.

It's a call center job so, don't hope for any kind of overhaul or significant changes happening.

Main objective is to get experience and money to find something better or closer to what you want to do.
Fun place to work
Inventory/Filing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, New BrunswickNovember 20, 2014
Every one was a joy to work and very very helpful. Staff was very helpful. Fun and happy place to work every was very well educated not only in their own field but very knowledge in other areas as well. Ours days were from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and the management and co-workers were all very helpful in helping out in any area where you may have a problem. There were really no hard part about the job except maybe being a contract working and never really knowing how long the job would last
short contract
Quality Auditor (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 11, 2014
short contract, did my assignment for six month. worked on audit the pipeline and the process related
good company for temp workers
temp worker (Former Employee) –  brantford ontarioOctober 29, 2014
provided as much work as required. basic temporary agency; paid minimum wage, no benefits
Pros
flexible days/hours
Lots of Work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 21, 2014
Worked in different medical and legal offices, there was always lots of work, was getting calls every week for work.
Pros
lots of work.
Cons
although lots of work only temp positions
Enjoyable
general labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONOctober 14, 2014
fun exciting enjoyable to work with new people learning how to properly do different stacking procedures
Quality inspector (Former Employee) –  cambridgeOctober 13, 2014
Play a big part in manufacturing for toyota to make sure no bad parts make it to line
Fun place
Onsite Coordinator-TransCanada (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 1, 2014
face paced environment
learnt a lot
Management was ok
great co-workers
lots of volume of work
my co workers
Pros
flexible work schedule
Not the best time
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2014
It was only a temporary job and it wasn't the best job in the world either.
kelly sevices
laberor (Former Employee) –  ingelside ontarioSeptember 5, 2014
they are a great company to work for they treat you with a lot of respect
Was ok
Office Temp (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 22, 2014
This is a job placement, no security.

Was o.k at the time when out of work, it filled the gap.
Pros
meet people
Cons
not stable
Finding and placing people in jobs is rewarding work.
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2014
Great benefit package including generous vacation, personal/flex days and opportunity to volunteer during work hours.
IT Job
IT -Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto OntarioAugust 1, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is to work in live system.
All the co worker were helpful in nature.
Productive and has room for career advancement
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 21, 2014
friendly and productive workplace. Everyone has room for career advancement
Pros
na
Cons
na
A great company for finding temporary positions.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 17, 2014
Was excellent when I needed a quick temp or contract job. Were able to find what I was looking for, found suitable positions both to fit my skill set as well as my personality.
Don't complain
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 8, 2014
Any complaints filed against this company while employed through them will get you removed quickly
Standard Job Placement Agency
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 5, 2014
Kelly Staffing Services is a typical job placement agency. They'll find you a placement if it's in their best interest to do so, but don't expect much else. I was able to find a long term temporary position through them, but the job was quite different than expected. I was moved around to different positions within the company with no warning. My workload was huge, I didn't have any support for help and at times I wasn't able to take breaks in order to finished everything. My work hours were changed. I was expected to train permanent employees when I myself was still temporary and wasn't getting any company benefits and being paid less than the people I was training. I relayed some of my concerns to Kelly Staffing and they weren't very receptive. I got the impression that I since I had a job I should just be happy with what I was given. I left after a few months and did not try to seek further employment through the agency. They never contacted me to ask my reasons for leaving.
Pros
good way to find work and gain new experience, paid weekly
Cons
not helpful, no benefits or paid time off
Assignment was diverse.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 19, 2014
Kelly's itself is not a great company to deal with. The assignment at Imperial however was extremely interesting, the people were great and I enjoyed going to work each day. I was able to put my many skills to the test and the job was very diverse.
Pros
very flexible.
Cons
eventual move out of the dowtown core.
Professional environment
Measurements and Data/Report Analyst/IBM (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 12, 2014
A Professional Environment
Measurements and Data/Report Analyst at IBM (Former Employee), Markham, ON – June 12, 2014
Kelly Services carefully choose the right candidate and client for the job. Once selected and posted, they have trust on their employees. Office staffs and coordinators were very professional and onsite managers were very helpful.

Thank you!