Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Job security was always there.
Admin Assist/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Various Locations16 August 2012
Recording meeting minutes; preparing schedule of client appointments for upper management; typing letters, preparing reports and spreadsheets for review; greeting clients, setting appointments, answering phone lines.

I learned to be very patient; accept the days blessings and work the days short comings to come up with a workable solution for everyone.

My co-workers had many differant personalities, but I was always able to work closely and efficiently with all of them.

Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers and clients.
Pros
wonderful co worker dispostions
Productive and fun place to work.
Data Entry Temp. Work (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB. Canada.30 October 2012
Have to be productive to lift boxes to do data entry. I learned how to read well Numbers and information. The management was very good and co-workers were helpfull too. Their wasn't any hard part on the job. The enjoyable part of the job was that my manager had condifance with my work that I will finish the work within the time frame. I was able to do so. I had achived my managers & I had the same goal.
Pros
helpfull staff to work with. i would love to get that kind of a job.
Cons
no long hours.
Well organized, extremely friendly employees
Internal Contractor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2013
-Kelly Services is well organized
-Kelly Services' employees are extremely friendly
-A typical day at work consists of me doing any work I am asked to do
-I learned how to coordinate a variety of events (meetings and training sessions) and I gained a lot of administrative experience
-My co-workers are wonderful to work with
-The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with all of the events that I help coordinate
-The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting lots of employees
Pros
meeting lots of employees
Cons
working under pressure all day long, every day
Alternate Root
On-Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, Ontario14 May 2013
My job at Alternate Root was grading tobacco as it came down the conveyor belt.
This job was seasonal in nature. I had the opportunity to work with the same crew for 5 years. We had the opportunity to develop a really good working relationship with one another.
Our day would start between 6:30 am to 7:00 am. The hardest part of this work would be the long days when we would encounter a bad kiln filled with mold. This would involve all of us tearing off the mold off every leaf when the kiln was bad. However, because I worked with the best crew, the day was made bearable. The best part of the job would be when we had a really good kiln and be done within 3-4 hours.
Worst company I ever worked for.
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario8 April 2013
In the last 40 years, I've worked for many companies, but I've never dreaded payday until I started with Kelly. I've lost track of the number of times they messed up my paycheque. Errors included depositing my pay to the wrong account several times, getting paid late and not getting paid for statutory holidays. The company they placed me with is great, and they're the only reason I've tolerated Kelly for this long, but I think I might be walking soon.
Pros
i can afford to eat
Cons
low pay and many payroll errors.
Abusive workplace, didn't invite temps to company barbeque.
Office Cler (Former Employee) –  Calgary1 September 2013
I was told by Kelly Services that I would be doing data entry. They lied. All I did was print reports. That's it. All day long. Staff treated temps abusively. After one month, the recruiter left a msg on my cell phone telling me my services were no longer required. Still don't know what I did wrong. Recruiter won't talk to me .... refuses to put me out on another assignment.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Low wages, staff abusive towards temps. All 3 temps were excluded from a company lunch. Nasty!!
I was very happy to be employed through Kelly's
Long Term Administrative Assignments (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2013
I was hired on by Information Technology Institute in a long term assignment. I worked in the admmin department and aafte a short few months was hired on full time. I slowly built myself up the corporate ladder, and became Student Services Coordinator. but in 1997 due to expanding and opening two schools in the States they went in to receivership and I lost my job. I have upgraded my skill set in MS office for the workplace and am also taking an online Diploma Course in Webpage Design, to be finished in late July of this year 2013. I would be interested in rejoining the Kelly team.
Pros
there was growth in iti.
Cons
the long hours
it was an alright place to work
Shipper / Receiver at the Queen's Book store (Former Employee) –  Kingston Ontario25 March 2014
I worked as a shipping supervisor where i unloaded trucks shipped off goods using fed x and other shipping company's. I also kept my bay cleaned and did a 3 man job alone.

The hardest part of the job was having to ship hundreds of boxes to different locations and to multi task a lot of work to keep myself caught up with my work.

I loved the people i worked with they made it an enjoyable work enviroment.
Helpful staff but very little consistency with weekly hours.
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 March 2014
Factory/line work is the majority of opportunities available while I worked there. Like most people I was overqualified and under utilized. Sometimes I would get a call 2 hours before scheduled start to have the rest of the week cancelled. They also called and cancelled twice in one day. Very unreliable working at Ferrero factory. Kellys staff was friendly and helpful as they should be.
Not a place to start a career
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 April 2014
Every job was a little different and a job's duration could range from just hours to weeks and very occasionally months. Management tells you they have "Jobs, lots of jobs" and lots of permanent jobs. In all the years I've worked with them I've only met one person who got a permanent job with them.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
low pay, not paid for lunch, short-term temp jobs, management people and policies always changing
Average Tempoary Employment Service
Production Line Worker (Occasional) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 September 2012
On an average day I would work with metal or plastic filling bending machines or working on a molding machine. test, tag, and box parts. I believe I learned you need to have fast movents and keen eyes. The management is decent they were usually nice and easy going. I found the co-workers were nice at times but some were quite rude depending on the temporay placement. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the real employees of the factories not the employees through the temp. service. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a few good giggles with some of the good people of the factories this temp. service deals with. All around it is a decent place for people to start their working life.
prejudiced staffing agency
none (Former Employee) –  nowhere6 March 2014
These staffing agencies are a total failure and they caused the surge in temporary foreign worker influx, through their unfair egregious screening process they preclude workers from getting face to face with employers thus giving the image that Canada has no skilled workers , I do not want these people to set me up for a job period!!!
Pros
Cons
they block job seekers from approaching employers in a fair manner
Order DCP
Order DCP (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 August 2012
-Kelly Services contractor on placement with Exxon Mobil
-Responsible for entering, monitoring and troubleshooting customer orders
-Key interfaces with customer, employees, sales representatives, operations, external
-Responsible for coordinating with other functions to ensure customer issues are resolved
-First point of contact for order related information
-Maintain strong business relationships with assigned customers
-Develop basic understanding of Lube & Specialty products and processes
-Monitoring customer volume caps during price change activities
-First point of contact for customer complaints and claims
-Carry out all the above responsibilities with high degree of autonomy
Pros
monday-friday position
Cons
low salary, no benefits, no vacation
Kelly services Square one
unemployed (Former Employee) –  Mississauga12 November 2012
I dropped in to apply for a IBM position. they refused to let me apply and sent me in circles to apply for it. When given the number to call for aplication, it was a wrong number. DEAD END.
I requested to just make a profile to keep in file. that too they refused to do. Square one branch is terrible. i would not ever waste my time with them. they are well referred by my colleagues but my visit there was dissapointing.
Professional environment
Measurements and Data/Report Analyst/IBM (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 June 2014
A Professional Environment
Measurements and Data/Report Analyst at IBM (Former Employee), Markham, ON – June 12, 2014
Kelly Services carefully choose the right candidate and client for the job. Once selected and posted, they have trust on their employees. Office staffs and coordinators were very professional and onsite managers were very helpful.

Thank you!
Contract - Administrative Support Roles
General Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON12 May 2013
Provided Administrative Support to Employers on a contract basis.
I learned a variety of administrative roles on a beginner/intermediate basis such as: Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, Filing Clerk, Data Entry Clerk, Dicta Typing Clerk, Catalogue/MicroFisching Clerk,
Pros
The variety of different work environments and people.
Cons
Travelling, Variable Pay Rates
Co-workers
Customer Master Pricing Professional (CMPP) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 June 2015
I work within a team of 13 people and really couldn't ask for a better group to spend my day with. Everyone gets along great and you can be sure you will laugh throughout the day
Pros
Safety
Cons
no cons great company
enjoyed the challenge of new locations and different environments
Office Assistant, Management services (Former Employee) –  Apex,RKE,NRC,Kelly Office,New Zealand Spring Lamb28 October 2012
I loved working with Kelly Services. It was a wonderful way to put myself through University and have fun at the same time. I was given wonderful opportunities and managed to become part of the Kelly Elite Team 3 times.
Pros
always treated like regular staff
Cons
occasionally travel took more than an hour and a half one direction
Great place to start off young to save for school
Temp (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 October 2012
A day at work is easy to do, but there is a lot of repetitive movement
I learned that factories mainly hire temps
The management is kind to employ's
Co-workers are kind most of the time
The hardest part of the job was the repetitive movement
I enjoyed knowing I was working for myself to save for the things I will need in the near future.
Pros
work when needed
Cons
plans may be interfered with
Employment Agency that works for their employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 October 2012
I do various contractual assignments within the HRM. My day is never the same, and I get to meet various new people and different companies.
Working in this type of environment allows me to find the type of management style I can relate best too. And I always learn something new at each and every job I go into.
Pros
working in different environments.