Kelly Services
2,727 reviews

Kelly Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Temporary placement service
Master Plumber, Brant Community Care Access Centre (Former Employee), Brantford ONOctober 31, 2012
I enjoyed working with Kelly Services. I had the chance to work in a variety of different office settings.Many jobs were repeat calls because the company enjoyed my work.
Productive and fun place to work.
Data Entry Temp. Work (Former Employee), Calgary,AB. Canada.October 30, 2012
Pros: helpfull staff to work with. i would love to get that kind of a job.
Cons: no long hours.
Have to be productive to lift boxes to do data entry. I learned how to read well Numbers and information. The management was very good and co-workers were helpfull too. Their wasn't any hard part on the job. The enjoyable part of the job was that my manager had condifance with my work that I will finish the work within the time frame. I was able to – more... do so. I had achived my managers & I had the same goal. – less
it was okay
Full-time Supervisor (Former Employee), boltonOctober 29, 2012
12 hour shifts, 20min breaks and lines were too fast. management and co workers were friendly. lunchroom had a cafeteria which made fresh food so that was good
enjoyed the challenge of new locations and different environments
Office Assistant, Management services (Former Employee), Apex,RKE,NRC,Kelly Office,New Zealand Spring LambOctober 28, 2012
Pros: always treated like regular staff
Cons: occasionally travel took more than an hour and a half one direction
I loved working with Kelly Services. It was a wonderful way to put myself through University and have fun at the same time. I was given wonderful opportunities and managed to become part of the Kelly Elite Team 3 times.
Employment Agency that works for their employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 18, 2012
Pros: working in different environments.
I do various contractual assignments within the HRM. My day is never the same, and I get to meet various new people and different companies.
Working in this type of environment allows me to find the type of management style I can relate best too. And I always learn something new at each and every job I go into.
Great place to start off young to save for school
Temp (Current Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: work when needed
Cons: plans may be interfered with
A day at work is easy to do, but there is a lot of repetitive movement
I learned that factories mainly hire temps
The management is kind to employ's
Co-workers are kind most of the time
The hardest part of the job was the repetitive movement
I enjoyed knowing I was working for myself to save for the things I will need in the near future.
Office Assistant and Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: great people and skill development opportunities
Cons: no benefits
Enjoyed placements with excellent companies, which provided great opportunites for skill development and enjoyable work days. Exposure to Kaizen Culture a great experience
various office assignments
Associate Employee (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: variety of assignments
Cons: little stability
Reception, data entry
various office duties
variety of employers
Job security was always there.
Admin Assist/Clerical (Former Employee), Various LocationsAugust 16, 2012
Pros: wonderful co worker dispostions
Recording meeting minutes; preparing schedule of client appointments for upper management; typing letters, preparing reports and spreadsheets for review; greeting clients, setting appointments, answering phone lines.

I learned to be very patient; accept the days blessings and work the days short comings to come up with a workable solution for everyone.

My – more... co-workers had many differant personalities, but I was always able to work closely and efficiently with all of them.

Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers and clients. – less
Order DCP
Order DCP (Current Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 14, 2012
Pros: monday-friday position
Cons: low salary, no benefits, no vacation
-Kelly Services contractor on placement with Exxon Mobil
-Responsible for entering, monitoring and troubleshooting customer orders
-Key interfaces with customer, employees, sales representatives, operations, external
-Responsible for coordinating with other functions to ensure customer issues are resolved
-First point of contact for order related information
-Maintain – more... strong business relationships with assigned customers
-Develop basic understanding of Lube & Specialty products and processes
-Monitoring customer volume caps during price change activities
-First point of contact for customer complaints and claims
-Carry out all the above responsibilities with high degree of autonomy – less
Very productive and fast paced environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 1, 2012
Pros: was able to supervise and manage my own time in a responsible manner, which was a great accomplishment.
Cons: long hours and fast pasted to meet deadlines in a timely manner
From Monday to Wednesday it was extremely busy, having to meet deadlines for payroll, checking accuracey to ensure all employees were paid correctly. I learned to work closely with my co-workers giving my input when needed. My most difficult part of the job was having to do long enquiries that never seem to end. And the most enjoyable was when you know – more... that every one was happy and relaxed to know that the payroll for the week went well and employees were paid. – less
Good contract job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 30, 2012
I worked as a machine operator and in the night shift.
I achieved my production targets well.
Very helpful staff
Receptionist (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 27, 2012
Very helpful staff whenever I needed a question answered.I did alot of work on the computer for the manager ie excel. My co-workers were wonderful and vert friendly. The hardest part of the job was the travelling by bus for approximately an hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and the clients helping them out.
Good Placement
Packager (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 11, 2012
Pros: good client, great placement
Cons: extreme job insecurity
I had a very good job placement. My one criticism is that they are not very good when it comes to placing you in different assignments. After the one placement, I would call for other assignments and never see one. This is one thing that all employment agencies can improve upon I think, not just Kelly Services.
Good place to fill in when unemployed
Temporary contract worker (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 8, 2012
Pros: always available
Cons: contract work
Many different types of jobs to do through a temp. agency. You never really get to know co-workers well, short term stay. Hardest part is part of your pay goes to temp agency but get to try new types of jobs.
provided me with continuous employment
Line worker (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 6, 2012
Pros: this job was a new learning experiance
Cons: low pay
worked as a line worker,packaged and repackaged different chocolate products.
learned about fast paced packaging equipment
Provided Excellent Placements - And Great Match
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioJuly 6, 2012
Pros: pizza days and bbq's, summer hours or flex hours
Cons: sometimes the air conditioning is a bit cold, nothing a sweater doesn't solve!
A typical day at work is a combination of routine tasks but a variety of tasks.

I have enjoyed learning new company systems and being able to work fairly independantly, yet in a supportive role. I have also enjoyed working with Managers that have clear directives, and a very good understanding of the proceedures and job tasks of their employees.

A – more... great group. Work hard, but always easy to find some humour, and easy to look forward to going to work each day. – less
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Regina, SKJune 12, 2012
I enjoyed working with Kelly Services. It was only temp work but I gained alot of experience, and learned alot as well.
professional, but unorganized
IBM - IT technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 30, 2012
Pros: pot luck every three months, and discounts
Cons: long hours, tedious work environment, just really not fresh, it's energy draining
Working for Kelly services taught me many things about the work place. One, you can really only depend on yourself, and two -if you don't like something pack up, and leave. I felt that working as a contractor paid amazingly, but it wasn't worth the people you had to deal with. The job wasn't fresh, and lacked the organization or the interest in order – more... to succeed. The people were as nice as they could be, but I often felt pressured to stay later to help with stats. Which I didn't mind, but to actually get you paid was a challenge. When you don't get paid, it's difficult to actually want to work, and the lack of organization is where they are failing, and that is why I needed to leave. My job wasn't secure, and there wasn't any room for advancement. They promise positions they can't fill, and wages they can't afford to pay. – less
Summer work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 30, 2012
Go on line and apply Or search for recent job's @ Kely's & it was a great experience working for kelly services...

About Kelly Services

Kelly Services, Inc. is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Troy, Michigan, offering services that include temporary staffing – Read more