Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Manage different job postings. Review online applications, Conduct resume screening and short-list candidates.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary17 August 2015
It was a great learning experience for me as a student going into the workplace. I got to learn different management styles as well as various approaches used when solving problems. I learned about not only my responsibilities, but worked for a manager who helped understand the big picture. In addition, he made me feel welcome into the branch and made me part of the team.

I wouldn't trade my experience at Kelly Services for anything else. I hope to work for my previous manager again.
Double Incentives
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  St Catharines4 August 2015
it is a temporary agency.
Whenever work is needed.
they were sure to provide.

the hardest part of the job was the repetitive task.
Placement at Mondēlez International
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 July 2015
The Mondēlez factory was fine, general labour, lots of lifting, dumping, etc.
Standing long periods of time
12 hour shifts
However Kelly Services did not communicate well with the factory so often times I would show up and not even be on the list to work that evening or morning (they are supposed to call you ahead of time).
There were pay issues with Kelly Services.
They hire and discharge people as often as they change underwear.
Cons
Bad communication
Liked the work
Quality Control Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakville13 July 2015
It was a typical packaging job until I was promoted but the plant closed. If it didn't close I was on a fast track to permanent status.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lengthy promotion process
Co-workers
Customer Master Pricing Professional (CMPP) (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 June 2015
I work within a team of 13 people and really couldn't ask for a better group to spend my day with. Everyone gets along great and you can be sure you will laugh throughout the day
Pros
Safety
Cons
no cons great company
Very productive consider employees work on their behalf to make sure match them for positions where they can be and do their best.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 June 2015
One of the things with this agency was that they always made sure you were working, if they had the jobs. It found work to keep you active as many hours that you wanted to work.
fun to work even i don't even work yet.
data entry operator (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontario11 June 2015
A lot of good people and fun to be with and we are in good team work and leadership to finished the work on time always.The people here are very welcoming and friendly.
Pros
free breakfast and complimentary drinks like soda or coffee
Cons
less over time to have more time in family
temp work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 June 2015
A typical day at work consisted of packing products and boxes.

I enjoyed the people I worked with.

It was a friendly place to work
Was placed primarily at Yazaki
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 June 2015
Yazaki uses temp employees in rework because the work flow is unpredictable. In repack the work is more consistent and using temps allows the company to avoid paying benefits.
Cool guys to work with
ES&S crew member (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB24 May 2015
12 hour shift day or night, truck checks, plant walk throughs, training in texas, on going training, rescue plan making.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
contractors vs full time
No work but they advertise
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton19 May 2015
I worked for Kelly & did not find that they were very helpful after your assignments were finished.
They pretty well just forget about their contract workers if you complain about anything.
I had to wait 4 months for a ROE and after several phone calls, finally got it submitted.
Not a lot of communication among the coordinators.
Pros
Got paid weekly
Cons
no support after assignments, no work
It gave me a great foot in the Door
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton NB10 May 2015
I did not enjoy working for AOL but Purolator was ok. I did not feel I could expand here. Reasons I left. It was a temp job and helped pay the bills. I moved on to next thing and was diagnosed with MS
Loved the alternating positions but not always available hours for temps
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 May 2015
A typical day would be shown a line and a specific task to do. All tasks were relatively easy however, the lines brake down quite often and only being a temp - I would not end up with a full 40 hours shift causing me to look for other work.
Pros
Discounts on household products
Cons
Needed more hours
Good for short term work
Safety Program Sustainment Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2015
Good for short term work. If you get on with the right company can lead to something fruitful and help pave the way to an enjoyable career.
Looking for an Oppertunity in Recruitment and Sales
Staffing consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2015
I was primarily responsible for taking care of light industrial, Oil & Gas and Banking positions and help out when needed with administrative roles. I am ready and willing to relocate and travel for work.
Clerical jobs (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ontario30 March 2015
I possess excellent interpersonal, time management, organizational and problem solving skills combined with the ability to work effectively within a team environment. I can grasp concepts quickly and manage any situations while under pressure. My Excellent Computer skill and customer services skills are first come for my office duties. Preparing daily, monthly and Annual reports are some of my duties too.
Pros
No need lunch break
Cons
I like to work (Able to work) Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Productive, Helpful, Caring
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2015
I can work both on weekdays and week-ends. I am really helpful and caring towards my staff. According to me no job is hard or easy.
One of my dream job
Production Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, ON12 March 2015
It was my one of dream job where i was working on contract. Kelly Services is very straight forward job agency who takes care of their client very nicely.
Job changes constantly depending whose incharge
Certified Cook (Former Employee) –  Trenton11 March 2015
80% of the workers were Professional and Good to work with, The others are bad apples, feel a sense of entitlement, lots of back biting, over paid unionized government workers who have got doing as little as possible while keeping there job down to a science.
no frills contracting company
Senior ID Administration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2015
I do not have much to say about Kelly Services. They got me my first IT job, but the pay was below standard and there were very few opportunities for advancement. Management was left to IBM and agents could be let go before their contract period expired, with contracts only being renewed annually. A typical day was just coming in, working as hard as we can and then going home at the end of our shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.